The first thing you will need to do is go to this thread and downgrade to FroYo for Droid X due to only having v2.6.32 kernel support. Downgrade THREAD
After you have installed and flashed the 2.3.34 SBF you will need to do the following:
Install and root using Z4Root here:
Then Install the bootstrapper:
Here is the CM7 Download Mirrors:
As for google apps, the 2.3.4 gapps have been reported to not be working on this build. I personally have had success using the gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip package. As for where to get them, I'll leave that up to you to find.
Please remember that this is a BETA, so it will be buggy!
Some things that are known to NOT work:
camera/camcorder, there have been reports that youtube is hit-or-miss, torch force-closes (flashlight).
Things that have been reported TO work:
audio playback, radio, 3g/data, calling, video playback, gps, accelerometer, notification lights, battery charging, usb connectivity, bluetooth, bluetooth audio, bluetooth calling, wifi, opengl, theme engine, market installs, dsp manager, maybe more?
Honestly I feel like this is in amazing shape!
Some other notes:
- This is CYANOGENMOD 7. Thus, it is GINGERBREAD. It boots off of the .32 kernel which shipped with froyo, but that's trivial (this is the reason for flashing back to 2.3.34).
- So long as your other ROMs ran off of 2.3.34, you should be able to flash between them and CM7, as CM7 uses the same recovery from DX/D2Bootstrap.
- Most importantly. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INSTALL/RUN DROIDXBOOTSTRAP OR DROID2BOOTSTRAP WHILE RUNNING CM7. IF YOU IGNORE THIS YOU WILL HAVE TO SBF YOUR DEVICE. CM7 has been engineered to reboot into recovery by either a.) using adb to get into a shell and typing "reboot recovery", or b.) simply holding the power button until the global action menu comes up, and then selecting "Reboot", "Recovery". There is no need for DX/D2Bootstrap and running them will mess up the 2nd-init process.
Team Black Hat's All-In-One installer
Alright, P3Droid of Team Black Hat has been nice enough to put together an all-in-one installer for CM7 BETA for the DX! This installer is in update.zip format, and can be installed regardless of what version of moto's kernel you are running (be it .340 or .596 or whathaveyou).
The steps are as follows (once the zip is on your SDCard and you are in recovery):
- go to mounts and storage
- format system
- format data
- format cache
- mount system
- go back
- go to install update from zip
- select the update-cm-*-MONSTER.zip
- install gapps (optionally)
YOU WILL GET A RADIO INSTALL ERROR IGNORE THIS AND RESTART PHONE
To install the Radio **** Must be done for GPS to work***
After intial install of CM7
1) hold down power button and select reboot and then recovery
2) in recovery select "install zip from sdard"
3) select "chose zip from sdcard"
4) find the Monster.zip and install
5) Reboot phone
MIRROR 1 (MONSTER)
MIRROR 2 (MONSTER)
NOTE: I will not personally be maintaining this version of installation as it is not how CM builds are built by the build system. However, P3Droid has an alternate thread over at MDW HERE which may offer some information and assistance. If you wish for official support I ask that you attempt installing using the original method to ensure that the problem persists.
I would also like to thank those who helped me get here:
The RootzWiki crew: birdman and b16
The CyanogenMod crew: so many to name that i'll just leave it at that
The Motorola Milestone crew: Skrilax_CZ for the awesome 2nd-init
My testers/supporters: robstemen, p3droid/TBH, aliasxerog, and synik4l
And all of you who have supported me for so long while waiting for this!
Lastly, I have gotten many requests from people for information on how to show me gratitude for the work I have done, so if you would like to buy me some quality beer or some delicious green tea for this, there is a donations link in my signature below!
Thanks for all the support and here's to OUR DEVICES, OUR WAY!
edit from synik4l: I wanted to make this, because i wanted to make sure that all the new people coming in here. Dont try to flash the oldest version. Because alot has been fixed since then and have been included in the newest nightlies. And installing this version, you will only be asking why things arent working correctly. So instead follow these directions.
Install method from synik4l and razorloves
- 1. Flash the .340(froyo) sbf file. IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO FLASH A SBF CLICK HERE. AND READ THE GUIDE. I SHOW YOU HOW TO FLASH THE FROYO SBF. PREPARING YOU FOR THE REST OF THE INSTALL
- 2. Reboot into stock recovery by holding the home+power and then once the exclamation point is shown on the screen press the search key. (THE ONLY REASON YOU SHOULD NEED TO DO THESE 2 STEPS: 2 and 3. IS IF YOU GET STUCK AT EITHER THE M LOGO OR A BOOTLOOP)
- 3. wipe data and cache and reboot.
- 4. Use z4root found here, to root your phone.
- 5. Place the newest nightly, found here, on your sdcard. As well as razorloves all in one fix, found here. Also google apps, found here, or u can download it and install it from rom manager later on. You can find it under google apps in rom manager and you will always have the newest one that way. either route works.
- 6. Install d2bootstrapper found here. and reboot into recovery
- 7.Once in clockwork recovery, format system and wipe data and cache. Now you are going to flash the 3 zip files you placed on your sdcard using the install from sdcard option. First do the newest nightly zip. Then do the gapps zip. Lastly, do razorloves all in one fix zip.
- 8.Reboot the phone once finished.
- 9. Install gapps from rom manager, if you didn't do it in step 7, and your good.
- 10. Also good to install the newest clockwork recovery from rom manager. Picking the option flash clockwork and then Droid X(2nd init). So that way u can use rom manager to see future nightlies. Or u can also still download them straight to your phone from the mirror i posted before.
NOTE: If you already have CM7 installed on your droid x and want to upgrade to the newest version, you have 2 option. You can use Rom Manager Premium to download and install it. Or you can download it using the link in step #5 above. Place it on your sdcard and flash it in clockworkmod recovery. It is recommended to wipe dalvik prior to installing a new nightly.
NOTE: Also please keep in mind that. Each time you update to the newest nightly, you will also have to flash the all in one fix again. You will have to continue to do this until the fixes are put into the nightlies, at which point we will let you know.
Support and OP for this install method for the newest nightly can be found here
CONTINUED SUPPORT FOR CM4DX HAS MOVED TO THE CM4DX NIGHTLY DISCUSSION, AS NO ONE SHOULD BE RUNNING THIS BUILD ANYMORE. FIND IT HERE
Edited by SyNiK4L, 21 July 2011 - 08:05 PM.