6 votes

[TUTORIAL] IMEI - Backup NV with QPST - US Variants

• Please log in to reply

bjanow

bjanow

Android Lover

• 792 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:14 PM #21

Thanks Goose. Third time was the charm. I restored my stock rooted rom, backed up and finally got the file where I wanted it. It's weird because when I went to back it up again it showed the original I had made earlier. In Windows is still doesn't show. Did another one.. didn't show in windows, finally the 3rd one shows up now. But it the program the other ones showed up which means I probably could have restored from either of them. Oh well, all done now.. thanks a lot.
  • 0 Likes

kingdroid

kingdroid

Average Android

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:54 PM #22

Hey goose this was super ez ur a beast thanx for this so much, def appreciate it.. Jus 2 b on the safe side tho how can I b 100% I did this correct??... I have the file saved n a specific folder I can see it there and it backed up to 100% but how can I no for sure it's saved properly heres a screenie

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Attached Thumbnails

• uploadfromtaptalk1345157653590.jpg

• 0 Likes

bjanow

bjanow

Android Lover

• 792 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:57 PM #23

Same as I have, you're good to go.
  • 0 Likes

kingdroid

kingdroid

Average Android

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:59 PM #24

Same as I have, you're good to go.

Thank you sir glad thts over wit now 2 flash away

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

thekendog

thekendog

Super User

• 263 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:06 PM #25

I just backed up using this method. I'm stoked. However, has anyone confirmed that using the restore method if you already have a backup works? I read conflicting posts on XDA that said the restore tab does not work. Anyone?
  • 0 Likes

OP Goose306

Goose306

Goosie Pizzle

• 2,582 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:35 PM #26

I just backed up using this method. I'm stoked. However, has anyone confirmed that using the restore method if you already have a backup works? I read conflicting posts on XDA that said the restore tab does not work. Anyone?

I wiped some info on my NV in QPST and restored it using my backup (not my IMEI but some carrier-related stuff that broke me off VZW) and have no issues. Peoplesarmy who came up with this method wiped his IMEI when he did it to test it and restored and was able to restore. Should be A-OK. It might not cover all situations 100% but I have not heard of it not working 100% if you have a full backup. Other people who have issues (e.g. perma-roaming) are due to restoring from 0 without a backup. Having a backup should avoid all those issues afaik.
  • 0 Likes

thekendog

thekendog

Super User

• 263 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:44 PM #27

I wiped some info on my NV in QPST and restored it using my backup (not my IMEI but some carrier-related stuff that broke me off VZW) and have no issues. Peoplesarmy who came up with this method wiped his IMEI when he did it to test it and restored and was able to restore. Should be A-OK. It might not cover all situations 100% but I have not heard of it not working 100% if you have a full backup. Other people who have issues (e.g. perma-roaming) are due to restoring from 0 without a backup. Having a backup should avoid all those issues afaik.

Sweet, that is good to know. XDA can be a clusterfuck of misinformation. I just wanted to make sure I can get it back in case I lose it and not have the roaming issue. Thanks for the tutorial. Time to flash some AOSP goodness!
  • 0 Likes

MistaWolfe

MistaWolfe

Chief Smartass

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:55 PM #28

You're the man, Goose.

I am fortunate that none of the bad stuff has happened to me yet, but I just downloaded CVPCS's new Alpha and I'm about to give it a flash. Glad to have this backup just in case...
  • 0 Likes

MistaWolfe

MistaWolfe

Chief Smartass

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:58 PM #29

Btw, 146 kb seem right for the backup?
  • 0 Likes

OP Goose306

Goose306

Goosie Pizzle

• 2,582 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:12 PM #30

Btw, 146 kb seem right for the backup?

146 kb is same as mine.

You can always review your NV backup in the viewer program or by pulling NV in viewer prior to backing up.
  • 0 Likes