6 votes

[TUTORIAL] IMEI - Backup NV with QPST - US Variants

• Please log in to reply

Budwise

Budwise

Android Apprentice

• 40 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:25 AM #11

Same error as above running Synergy 1.7.
  • 0 Likes

OP Goose306

Goose306

Goosie Pizzle

• 2,582 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:11 AM #12

Go back to stock. The custom ROMs cut some bloat that doesn't allow it to work properly. It can be stock/rooted and the boot loader can be unlocked though afaik

Sent from my UNLOCKED jelly beaned d2vzw
  • 0 Likes

Nick.Tbolt

Nick.Tbolt

Android Lover

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:19 AM #13

Good Write up, is this the one of S3 forums?

* Verizon Galaxy SIII *
  • 0 Likes

Budwise

Budwise

Android Apprentice

• 40 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:47 AM #14

Hrm, tried flashing nosympathy's stock rooted rom and it wont boot with the unlocked bootloader. Odd.

Guess i have to Odin to Root66, sigh.

Edited by Budwise, 16 August 2012 - 08:58 AM.

• 0 Likes

jdhas

jdhas

Android Flashaholic

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:42 AM #15

When I dial in *#7284# the PhoneUtil menu hangs up and is forced to stop. I am running Beans 7 and tried stock/AOSP methods for this. Thanks :)

I get the same thing running Synergy ROM. PhoneUtil briefly shows up and then crashes.

You need to be on full stock, or, at a minimum, "root66" for this to work. The custom roms have stripped out some of the necessary ingredients.
  • 0 Likes
Ask your self "Does my post contribute to the conversation?" before hitting the submit button.

bjanow

bjanow

Android Lover

• 792 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:57 AM #16

I went back to full stock rooted, did the steps, said successful, restored my Synergy. Went to look for the backup and it wasn't there. So I messed up somewhere and would like to redo it. Of course I can do the same thing but I'd like to try the AOSP method. However, the instructions are a little confusing to me. I can adb shell into the phone and run the first set, but then it says "eject" before doing the second set. Does that mean I have to type those commands into the terminal session on the phone or can I eject the phone and then reconnect it to copy and paste?

Thanks.
  • 0 Likes

OP Goose306

Goose306

Goosie Pizzle

• 2,582 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:10 AM #17

I went back to full stock rooted, did the steps, said successful, restored my Synergy. Went to look for the backup and it wasn't there. So I messed up somewhere and would like to redo it. Of course I can do the same thing but I'd like to try the AOSP method. However, the instructions are a little confusing to me. I can adb shell into the phone and run the first set, but then it says "eject" before doing the second set. Does that mean I have to type those commands into the terminal session on the phone or can I eject the phone and then reconnect it to copy and paste?

Thanks.

Eject it from the PC/unplug it. USB has to reset

• 0 Likes

OP Goose306

Goose306

Goosie Pizzle

• 2,582 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:11 AM #18

BTW root66 works fine when doing this. That's what I did

• 0 Likes

aj8600

aj8600

Android Apprentice

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:12 AM #19

does anyone else have the problem that "phoneUti" crashes on synergy? anyone tried on cleanrom?

goose: what rom are you running to do this?

CLEAN ROM WORKS :)

Edited by aj8600, 16 August 2012 - 12:29 PM.

• 1 Likes

OP Goose306

Goose306

Goosie Pizzle

• 2,582 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:32 PM #20

does anyone else have the problem that "phoneUti" crashes on synergy? anyone tried on cleanrom?

goose: what rom are you running to do this?

CLEAN ROM WORKS :)

Good to know. I'm still going to recommend root66 as its the lowest common denominator, so to speak. But good to know at least. Synergy and beans do not currently work. Either with the TW method or with AOSP method, as far as I've heard.

EDIT: Also post 3 finished. Tut re-written with images in-line for restoring with no backup. Note this method may make you end up stuck in roaming still on some variants. So make those backups first!

Edited by Goose306, 16 August 2012 - 02:10 PM.

• 0 Likes