* * * * -
6 votes

[TUTORIAL] IMEI - Backup NV with QPST - US Variants

• Please log in to reply

tiger13

tiger13

Android Beginner

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:00 PM #181

that you for this post, I was unaware of the missing ime issue, now I have backups just Incase

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

I have issues...

cvo515

cvo515

Super User

• 389 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:37 AM #182

i used both adb and synergy back up methods. thanks for the help. my synergy backup file size is 12.3 mb...sound about right?
  • 0 Likes

SlimSnoopOS

SlimSnoopOS

Thoroughly chill

• 534 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:30 AM #183

i used both adb and synergy back up methods. thanks for the help. my synergy backup file size is 12.3 mb...sound about right?

Yup, just about right
  • 0 Likes

con247

con247

Android Lover

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:04 PM #184

Hey goose, if you could update post #2 to to say that you must be running radio G7 or lower to use the repair app. The HD, HE, and newer block the tool.
  • 1 Likes

OP Goose306

Goose306

Goosie Pizzle

• 2,577 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:19 PM #185

Hey goose, if you could update post #2 to to say that you must be running radio G7 or lower to use the repair app. The HD, HE, and newer block the tool.

Good point. Actually found that out myself helping someone else out restoring IMEI. Will get it edited asap.

EDIT: Done.

Edited by Goose306, 27 November 2012 - 03:22 PM.

• 2 Likes

griz.droidx

griz.droidx

Android Apprentice

• 519 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:24 AM #186

I have a question I hope it belongs here. I'm still rather new to the s3, but backed up my imei using the terminal su nvbackup method. I've installed several roms since buying this phone with no issues. Last night I was installing my first TW rom and it seemed as if my signal and data weren't as good as before. I assume if the rom flashed a radio, (the tw rom from beans) that I would need to re-activate. But since I could make calls and 3g was spotty, I'm sure there was no radio flashed. Today at work 3 miles up the road, 3g seems a bit better, but usually when data is off, I have 1-2 bars, when I turn it on I get more like 2-3 or a steady 2 when it's usually one bar here especially inside, I guess this could be due to the data connection being more reliable?

Anyway, How would I know if I lost my IMEI? Again, I had backed it up from terminal a while back. I apologize if this belongs somewhere else.

Thanks to all the Devs and others who make things easy for the rest of us.

Edited by griz.droidx, 29 November 2012 - 05:26 AM.

• 0 Likes
My what?

OP Goose306

Goose306

Goosie Pizzle

• 2,577 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:40 AM #187

I have a question I hope it belongs here. I'm still rather new to the s3, but backed up my imei using the terminal su nvbackup method. I've installed several roms since buying this phone with no issues. Last night I was installing my first TW rom and it seemed as if my signal and data weren't as good as before. I assume if the rom flashed a radio, (the tw rom from beans) that I would need to re-activate. But since I could make calls and 3g was spotty, I'm sure there was no radio flashed. Today at work 3 miles up the road, 3g seems a bit better, but usually when data is off, I have 1-2 bars, when I turn it on I get more like 2-3 or a steady 2 when it's usually one bar here especially inside, I guess this could be due to the data connection being more reliable?

Anyway, How would I know if I lost my IMEI? Again, I had backed it up from terminal a while back. I apologize if this belongs somewhere else.

Thanks to all the Devs and others who make things easy for the rest of us.

Settings -> About Phone lists IMEI is it all 0s or saying Unknown?

Tapped from my jelly-beaned d2vzw with 4.2 gapps
  • 0 Likes

griz.droidx

griz.droidx

Android Apprentice

• 519 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:25 PM #188

Nope it has a number 99???????????. Still I don't think I'm getting the signal and service that I was getting when I first got the phone. I haven't tried a different modem either. I am on Hilbe's AOKP and the Correct Lean Kernel. No clock settings changes from stock LK settings. I've flashed a number of roms and I doubt that they would have flashed a new modem but it's possible I supposed I flashed Beans TW ROM called Jelly "Beans" a while back, and that's when I first noticed it. I've since flashed others, I have signal, and 3g, it's just much weaker than usual.

Thanks Goose for helping this S3 newb. I havent been online in a while and so please forgive the delayed response. Thank you for the quick one.
  • 0 Likes
My what?

SlimSnoopOS

SlimSnoopOS

Thoroughly chill

• 534 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:06 PM #189

Nope it has a number 99???????????. Still I don't think I'm getting the signal and service that I was getting when I first got the phone. I haven't tried a different modem either. I am on Hilbe's AOKP and the Correct Lean Kernel. No clock settings changes from stock LK settings. I've flashed a number of roms and I doubt that they would have flashed a new modem but it's possible I supposed I flashed Beans TW ROM called Jelly "Beans" a while back, and that's when I first noticed it. I've since flashed others, I have signal, and 3g, it's just much weaker than usual.

Thanks Goose for helping this S3 newb. I havent been online in a while and so please forgive the delayed response. Thank you for the quick one.

Then you definitely still have your IMEI intact.

No custom rom modifies or installs a new modem along with the rom, this only occurs if you Odin flash stock images. The best thing you can do is to try flashing another modem and seeing if that improves your relative signal. Also, the signal bars aren't the most accurate depiction of signal, your dbm is more accurate since you can get a feel for the average dbm with a more concrete value. Check via Settings/About Phone/Status/Signal Strength, the closer it is to 0 the better your signal is. So -90 is much better than -115.

For me, I have absolute crappy signal and my dbm sits at -105 to -115 on a daily basis. At best, that translates to two bars of signal. No modem will magically grant me 2-3 consistent bars given that my environment impacts and degrades my signal regardless of phone.
  • 0 Likes

OP Goose306

Goose306

Goosie Pizzle

• 2,577 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:16 PM #190

I'd also try a SIM reprovision. There's really no harm, just nandroid first.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes