1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

SD Card constantly losing connection. HELP!

• Please log in to reply

OP TYPE M GTS-t

TYPE M GTS-t

Nexus Flashaholic

• 276 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:47 AM #1

So this is boggling my mind. Today I noticed that nothing was showing up in my gallery and also my ringtones and notifications were no where to be found. I looked at my sd card itself and everything was there. I wiped and reinstalled AOKP Jelly Bean Nightly. When that didnt help I wiped and installed Blackbeans. Still nothing. So I pulled everything off of my sd card and then re added it and it worked, for about 2 hours and then everything is lost, no ringtones or gallery. I searched for all of the .nomedia.txt files on my sdcard and deleted them. I have just now formatted my sdcard and am readding everything. I dont know if this will work. Does anyone have any idea about whats going on? SDrescan app doesnt work either. HELP!
  • 0 Likes

dtraini7

dtraini7

Android Beginner

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:03 PM #2

This happened to me too! I have no idea what is going on! :_con: I have tried 2 ROMs and none have worked for me! (BAMF and AOSP from XDA). This is not good..
  • 0 Likes

wizayne

wizayne

<3 my globalist tracking devices

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:07 PM #3

Have you tried to go completely stock using Odin or fastboot? and relock the boot loader and see if that makes any difference then go from there..if an Odin to stock does not fix it then its time to submit an RMA

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by wizayne, 15 August 2012 - 12:08 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP TYPE M GTS-t

TYPE M GTS-t

Nexus Flashaholic

• 276 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:15 PM #4

So far the format of the sd card is working. crossing my fingers
  • 0 Likes

GRZLA

GRZLA

Android Beginner

• 310 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:34 PM #5

Sounds like your internal storage is about to shit itself. Looks like a replacement is in order due to faulty hardware, but that is just my opinion.

Edited by GRZLA, 15 August 2012 - 12:34 PM.

• 0 Likes

yahsaves

yahsaves

Android Beginner

• 28 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:49 PM #6

This happened to me today also. In the process of backing everything up to do the sd format. Hope it goes well or off to verizon I go.
  • 0 Likes

Xerrus

Xerrus

Super User

• 259 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:59 PM #7

This just happened to me to today also. Was fine yesterday... What's happening!? Must be a plague

• 0 Likes

akellar

akellar

Android Addict

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:05 PM #8

What roms, kernels, etc are you guys using?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

blaineevans

blaineevans

su

• 2,292 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:21 PM #9

Buy a new SD ca.. owait.

• 2 Likes

knivesout

knivesout

> _ >

• 462 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:23 PM #10

Huh, I've seen this issue pop up today in multiple rom threads, both toro and maguro. Saw something about a .nomedia file being where it shouldn't be - have any of you guys with the issue tried searching for .nomedia with something like root explorer and seeing if there's a file somewhere it shouldn't be?
  • 0 Likes