1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

20 votes

[ROM]BAKED tf201 blackbean-5 (9-30-2012)

• Please log in to reply

huskerkate

huskerkate

"Goonga Galoonga..." Carl, Caddyshack

• 391 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:21 PM #581

Confused on the bootloader deal. I am running BB5 now, can I update to BB6? Or do I need to worry about updating the bootloader first?

you need to first flash a rom with the new JB bootloader before flashing craig's Baked v6. if you want to flash the official Baked v6, it is still using the ICS bootloader. but, if you want craig's unofficial Baked v6, you will need to flash his stock rom or his unofficial CM 10 Oct 13 build. either of those will give you the new JB bootloader. then, you just need to flash the latest TWRP for the new JB bootloader, and you're good to go. check out his other threads in the TP dev section - he explains it all.

JUST REMEMBER: once you flash a rom with the new JB bootloader, you can't just flash an ICS bootloader rom over the top - you'll brick. you would have to NVFlash to get back to the ICS bootloader.

i've been running craig's JB unofficial Baked 6 since just a couple hours after it dropped, and it's running very well.
  • 1 Likes

hpower1

hpower1

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:54 PM #582

Hey, thanks for the help!

I may experiment a bit more with some ICS bootloader roms because I have not done the NVFlash yet. So I will do that for sure before I move into JB bootloader roms.

Thanks!
  • 0 Likes

DrCruiser

DrCruiser

• 21 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:38 AM #583

So is development on this rom pretty much dead then?
  • 0 Likes

fredgar

fredgar

Flashaholic

• 175 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:20 PM #584

So is development on this rom pretty much dead then?

I believe so. Atleast it seems that way. I know someone else has built a full jb version of it only compatable with the jb bootloader. But I haven't seen much done with it either. I think this device has just about lost all the devs.
Sent from my EVO using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Edited by fredgar, 27 November 2012 - 06:20 PM.

• 0 Likes

stwum

stwum

• 23 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:23 AM #585

I believe so. Atleast it seems that way. I know someone else has built a full jb version of it only compatable with the jb bootloader. But I haven't seen much done with it either. I think this device has just about lost all the devs.

Team BAKED has not abandoned development on the TF201. According to their website they are currently looking for developers. Even though Jermaine is still listed as a member of Team BAKED, it appears that he has stopped being the developer for TF201. Someone else has to pitch in and picked up from where Jermaine left us.
  • 0 Likes

DrCruiser

DrCruiser

• 21 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:41 AM #586

What are they going to? The Infinity?
  • 0 Likes

fredgar

fredgar

Flashaholic

• 175 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:36 PM #587

What are they going to? The Infinity?

Well Jermaine had to concentrate more on his personal life rather than this but a few of the devs have upgraded to the infinity.

• 0 Likes

DrCruiser

DrCruiser

• 21 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:39 AM #588

I actually hopped back to BB3 because I couldn't keep the browser open without it FC. Both the stock and Dolphin browsers did this. Anyone have a solution on BB6?
  • 0 Likes

Striatum_bdr

Striatum_bdr

Android Lover

• 154 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:12 PM #589

I've made a built on 23th November of team baked 6 ONLY FOR JB BOOTLOADERS, see in xda team baked thread.

I will try to make another built asa but I'm not a dev and with 4.2 rollout I'm not sure to reach the end lol.
  • 1 Likes