5 votes

ACMEInstaller3

• Please log in to reply

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,714 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:06 PM #381

Well,tried to run Acme Installer 3 with nothing in the CM Install folder to resize system partition but it stalls after about 8 minutes after it says "stop printing. " Able to get out without any apparent damage, but the partition is still 300 MB instead of 400. Any hints?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

Believe it or not, if you had waited, ACME3 would have finally finished. What is happening is ACME3 is trying to clear thousands of inode errors and literally getting bogged down in the process. Best way to accomplish what you are trying to do is make a nandroid backup preferrably with cwm6. Save a copy on your PC. Run ACMEUninstaller. Put the CM9 rom, Moboot 0.3.8 and CWM6 in the cminstall folder. Be sure to add "update" to each filename without the quotes. Don't worry about installing gapps. Run ACME3. When it is done, do a quick boot up to insure everything went as planned. Now reboot to cwm6 and restore the nandroid backup. You will now have a clean /system partition with 400mb of space.

Is this the correct way to clean filesystems after updating to the latest TWRP?
1. Backup
2. Wipe Cache
3. Wipe Dalvik Cache
4. Factory Reset
5. Wipe System
6. Restore Backup

No, it's not. You quoted J.C. Sullins suggestion, why not just follow that?

Edited by nevertells, 04 March 2013 - 04:08 PM.

• 0 Likes

Gradular

Gradular

Android Master

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:20 PM #382

Believe it or not, if you had waited, ACME3 would have finally finished. What is happening is ACME3 is trying to clear thousands of inode errors and literally getting bogged down in the process. Best way to accomplish what you are trying to do is make a nandroid backup preferrably with cwm6. Save a copy on your PC. Run ACMEUninstaller. Put the CM9 rom, Moboot 0.3.8 and CWM6 in the cminstall folder. Be sure to add "update" to each filename without the quotes. Don't worry about installing gapps. Run ACME3. When it is done, do a quick boot up to insure everything went as planned. Now reboot to cwm6 and restore the nandroid backup. You will now have a clean /system partition with 400mb of space.

No, it's not. You quoted J.C. Sullins suggestion, why not just follow that?

Wrong NT. He was asking about TWRP. JC posted about CWM. And other then not having to wipe cache, that is correct. System reset wipes both data and cache partitions.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

Motorola I1, Samsung Transform Ultra(rooted) running 2.3.6 via ff27 forcedROM
Touchpad running cm7 a3.5, cm9 a0, cm9 a0.5, cm9 a0.6 nightly, cm9 a1.0, cm9 a2.0, cm9 nightlies, cm 9 weeklies, cm 10 previews cm10.1 Milaq, cm10.2 Milaq cm11 by invisblek
Samsung Galaxy tab running cm10, cm10.1 experimental, cm10.1 nightlies, cody's cm10.2, cm10.2 nightlies  cm11 by codyf86

All the TouchPad PC files in a few simple clicks. How to change your data, system, and cache sizes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,714 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:49 PM #383

Wrong NT. He was asking about TWRP. JC posted about CWM. And other then not having to wipe cache, that is correct. System reset wipes both data and cache partitions.

Yeah, he was asking about TWRP, so my bad on that. I was suggesting that he follow Sullins recommendation as I don't think many folks know exactly how twrp works.

So you are saying that "Wipe System" in TWRP accomplishes the same as Sullin's suggestion to use wipe data, wipe system, wipe cache in CWM?

Regardless of which one is used, if one is trying to clean up the corruption in the file system caused by older versions of twrp and cwm so ACME3 will run without all the inode error issues, I would be inclined to backup, uninstall, and reinstall with ACME3.
  • 0 Likes

pgzerwer2

pgzerwer2

Android Fan

• 360 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:45 PM #384

Believe it or not, if you had waited, ACME3 would have finally finished. What is happening is ACME3 is trying to clear thousands of inode errors and literally getting bogged down in the process.

That would be odd since I went out of my way several months ago to use the CWM 6 process to get rid of the inode errors. Oh well.

• 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,714 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:48 PM #385

That would be odd since I went out of my way several months ago to use the CWM 6 process to get rid of the inode errors. Oh well.

Try what I suggested and see if that doesn't cure your issue.
  • 0 Likes

Gradular

Gradular

Android Master

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:01 PM #386

Yeah, he was asking about TWRP, so my bad on that. I was suggesting that he follow Sullins recommendation as I don't think many folks know exactly how twrp works.

So you are saying that "Wipe System" in TWRP accomplishes the same as Sullin's suggestion to use wipe data, wipe system, wipe cache in CWM?

Regardless of which one is used, if one is trying to clean up the corruption in the file system caused by older versions of twrp and cwm so ACME3 will run without all the inode error issues, I would be inclined to backup, uninstall, and reinstall with ACME3.

My bad. I meant factory reset and it just does data and cache. And I agree, the best way to clear out inode errors is to backup, uninstall, reinstall, restore.

• 0 Likes

Motorola I1, Samsung Transform Ultra(rooted) running 2.3.6 via ff27 forcedROM
Touchpad running cm7 a3.5, cm9 a0, cm9 a0.5, cm9 a0.6 nightly, cm9 a1.0, cm9 a2.0, cm9 nightlies, cm 9 weeklies, cm 10 previews cm10.1 Milaq, cm10.2 Milaq cm11 by invisblek
Samsung Galaxy tab running cm10, cm10.1 experimental, cm10.1 nightlies, cody's cm10.2, cm10.2 nightlies  cm11 by codyf86

All the TouchPad PC files in a few simple clicks. How to change your data, system, and cache sizes