Rate this Topic

5 votes

ACMEInstaller3

• Please log in to reply

redbull

redbull

• 16 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:51 PM #261

Did you try to install CM10 over CM9 using ACME3 or did you uninstall CM9 and reinstall it with ACME3, restore a CM9 backup and then install CM10?

I just installed CM10 using the instructions in the main thread. I did not uninstall anything.
  • 0 Likes

Gradular

Gradular

Android Master

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:18 PM #262

I just installed CM10 using the instructions in the main thread. I did not uninstall anything.

Its been said a few times now and a lot of this thread has to do with the partition errors that happen when installing cm10 right over cm9. Those errors cause instability in the android os. Back up your TP first, then run acmeuninstaller. Then use acmeinstaller3 to do a clean install. Then after a reboot, you can go into cwm to restore your back up and go from there.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

Motorola I1, Samsung Transform Ultra(rooted) running 2.3.6 via ff27 forcedROM
Touchpad running cm7 a3.5, cm9 a0, cm9 a0.5, cm9 a0.6 nightly, cm9 a1.0, cm9 a2.0, cm9 nightlies, cm 9 weeklies, cm 10 previews cm10.1 Milaq, cm10.2 Milaq cm11 by invisblek
Samsung Galaxy tab running cm10, cm10.1 experimental, cm10.1 nightlies, cody's cm10.2, cm10.2 nightlies  cm11 by codyf86

All the TouchPad PC files in a few simple clicks. How to change your data, system, and cache sizes

redbull

redbull

• 16 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:55 PM #263

Its been said a few times now and a lot of this thread has to do with the partition errors that happen when installing cm10 right over cm9. Those errors cause instability in the android os. Back up your TP first, then run acmeuninstaller. Then use acmeinstaller3 to do a clean install. Then after a reboot, you can go into cwm to restore your back up and go from there.

Thanks.

Couple of questions - is there a procedure for running the uninstaller? Once I restore the backup, I can install cm10 over it and it will keep the data, which I assume is the reason for restoring the backup instead of just installing cm10 clean?
  • 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,543 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:03 PM #264

Based on what you say, that is where you went wrong. If one installs CM10 over the top of CM9 using ACMEInstaller3, there is a very strong chance that the install will fail as you describe. It happened to me and I have seen others post similar results. If you want to successfully install CM10 and keep your settings, apps and data, you have to make a nandroid backup, uninstall CM9, reinstall CM9 using ACME3, restore your backup and then install CM10. All the details are in this thread, you just need to take the time to read through it.

BTW, followed the instruction in what main thread?

Edited by nevertells, 18 December 2012 - 07:04 PM.

• 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,543 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:07 PM #265

Thanks.

Couple of questions - is there a procedure for running the uninstaller? Once I restore the backup, I can install cm10 over it and it will keep the data, which I assume is the reason for restoring the backup instead of just installing cm10 clean?

One runs the uninstaller the same way they run the installer, just change the command to refer to the uninstaller. How many nightlies have you install before? Did you keep your data then? That is all you are doing with CM10, installing the equivalent of a nightly.
  • 0 Likes

redbull

redbull

• 16 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:49 PM #266

BTW, followed the instruction in what main thread?

The "how to install CM10" thread.

One runs the uninstaller the same way they run the installer, just change the command to refer to the uninstaller. How many nightlies have you install before? Did you keep your data then? That is all you are doing with CM10, installing the equivalent of a nightly.

I've updated fro 7 to 9 and installed a half dozen nightlies, but the process is considerably easier. No need to connect to my pc, no need to put a new folder on the TP or run anything at the command line level. I assumed that Acmeinstaller3 re-partitioned as necessary for the cm10. Guess not.

Thanks, guys.

Edited by redbull, 18 December 2012 - 07:51 PM.

• 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,543 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:58 PM #267

The "how to install CM10" thread.

I've updated fro 7 to 9 and installed a half dozen nightlies, but the process is considerably easier. No need to connect to my pc, no need to put a new folder on the TP or run anything at the command line level. I assumed that Acmeinstaller3 re-partitioned as necessary for the cm10. Guess not.

Thanks, guys.

Running ACME3 at least once is required to increase the /system partition size. It's how one wants to go about fixing the file corruption introduced by the old versions of cwm and twrp that is the issue.

Edited by nevertells, 18 December 2012 - 08:59 PM.

• 0 Likes

Gradular

Gradular

Android Master

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:35 PM #268

Is there a program or command I can run that will scan for errors and give me a readable output?

• 0 Likes

Touchpad running cm7 a3.5, cm9 a0, cm9 a0.5, cm9 a0.6 nightly, cm9 a1.0, cm9 a2.0, cm9 nightlies, cm 9 weeklies, cm 10 previews cm10.1 Milaq, cm10.2 Milaq cm11 by invisblek
Samsung Galaxy tab running cm10, cm10.1 experimental, cm10.1 nightlies, cody's cm10.2, cm10.2 nightlies  cm11 by codyf86

All the TouchPad PC files in a few simple clicks. How to change your data, system, and cache sizes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,543 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:22 PM #269

Is there a program or command I can run that will scan for errors and give me a readable output?

What are you trying to figure out? Is it whether there are problems in the /system partition?
  • 0 Likes

Gradular

Gradular

Android Master

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:06 PM #270

What are you trying to figure out? Is it whether there are problems in the /system partition?

I'm starting to test my theories of resizing it using tailor. I wanna see if the way it does it causes errors like the old cwr. I know AI3 gives you the errors, but I need something I can read slowly afterwards so I can compare before and after.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes