Rate this Topic

1 votes

OTG-USB & Flash Drive on the Nexus 7

• Please log in to reply

OP The Nexus Project

The Nexus Project

The Nexus Project

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:56 AM #1

Picked up an OTG-USB cable and a Flash Drive(USB 3.0) for my Nexus 7 because 16GB just isn't enough storage for my needs.And I must say it works perfectly. You just need to grab Stickmount from the Playstore. This is exactly what I needed to expand the limited local storage on my Nexus 7. Now I can put all my media needs(Movies,Music,etc.) on a Flash drive and not compromise my precious internal storage needed for apps,app data,ROM Backups,etc.Posted Image
  • 2 Likes
Device: i9250(GSM) Galaxy Nexus/Nexus 7
ROM(S): RasJelly / Kernel: Trinity (GNex) ;)EOS Nightlies/Trinity Kernel 7(Nexus 7)
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project / Baseband: XXLA2
Posted Image
Phazenine@Twitter

Rob Irizarry

Rob Irizarry

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:17 AM #2

Do you have a link or brand name for the cable?

From my DAGr8 JB AOKP Note
  • 0 Likes

bhayes444

bhayes444

• 30 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:24 AM #3

Do you have a link or brand name for the cable?

From my DAGr8 JB AOKP Note

I have a cable that looks just like the one posted. Mine is literally the cheapest one I could find on Amazon. Just do a search there for USB OTG cable and you'll be set.
  • 0 Likes

OP The Nexus Project

The Nexus Project

The Nexus Project

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:40 AM #4

This is the one I purchased. Same Listing,seller,price. Hope this helps.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item231ee6e08b
  • 0 Likes
ROM(S): RasJelly / Kernel: Trinity (GNex) ;)EOS Nightlies/Trinity Kernel 7(Nexus 7)
Posted Image
Phazenine@Twitter

crack

crack

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:29 PM #5

Hello,

I've been considering a Nexus 7 as a replacement for my wife's clunky laptop while traveling. My main reason for needing this device is to pull pictures off of my DLSR and the Point and Shoot camera. My thoughts were to use the cable you show in the OP connected to a sdcard reader. From there, use picasa to upload the images to our picasa account along with an FTP program in order to backup the pictures to my ftp server. From there I could clean off the pictures from the card and continue on. Will this idea work with that cable? Just want a first hand account before I pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance.
  • 0 Likes

ridobe

ridobe

Shut up and wipe

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:41 AM #6

Hello,

I've been considering a Nexus 7 as a replacement for my wife's clunky laptop while traveling. My main reason for needing this device is to pull pictures off of my DLSR and the Point and Shoot camera. My thoughts were to use the cable you show in the OP connected to a sdcard reader. From there, use picasa to upload the images to our picasa account along with an FTP program in order to backup the pictures to my ftp server. From there I could clean off the pictures from the card and continue on. Will this idea work with that cable? Just want a first hand account before I pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance.

I don't see why not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

ridobe

ridobe

Shut up and wipe

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:24 AM #7

This is the one I purchased. Same Listing,seller,price. Hope this helps.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item231ee6e08b

That's the exact same one I bought.
  • 0 Likes

rebornS14

rebornS14

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:29 PM #8

my cable came with my blurex slim case
  • 0 Likes

tech-nausea

tech-nausea

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:23 AM #9

just got one, hooked a usb drive up to it and the nexus - but i am unable to see the files in the folder viewer. am i missing something?
  • 0 Likes

OP The Nexus Project

The Nexus Project

The Nexus Project

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:28 PM #10

just got one, hooked a usb drive up to it and the nexus - but i am unable to see the files in the folder viewer. am i missing something?

Download stickmount from the playstore. make sure your drive is mounted. Then youll be able to view your files
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image
Phazenine@Twitter