Mod Base:: CyanogenMod
Mod Status:: Nightly
Apply In:: CWM Recovery
Requires Root:: Yes
Android Version:: 4.2.2 (JB)
Welcome! First off, please bear in mind that I am NOT part of the AOKP Team. I am simply syncing with their github and compiling nightly builds. I do own a Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy Nexus and because I suffer from crack flashing (like many of us) I keep my eyes glued to the AOKP Gerrit and once a sizable amount of work has been merged I initialize the clean up/sync/build process! I figured since I was doing this for myself that I would share my builds. These builds are pure builds and include no cherry picks from other ROMs. Unicorn Porn in its purist form!
If you are interested in the latest Gerrit Pull requests (Also known as the Open section), the link is here:
If you are interested in what was accepted by the AOKP Team, that link is here:
When I post builds I will always include a Repo Sync Time (RST) and the corresponding Last Included Merge ID (LIMI).. Therefore, by viewing the merged link (2nd link above), you should be able to accurately determine what has changed since the prior build!
- It is in your best interest to have the latest version of either ClockworkMod Recovery or Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) before you deal with update scripts!
- Backup your current ROM
- Since we are dealing with nightlies, it is always good practice to keep a working backup in case the build is a lemon or something included causes your phone to crash or bootloop!
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe (or Format) System
- This is always recommended when flashing any ROM. Dirty Flashing is when one simply installs a ROM "on top" of a preinstalled ROM. This is normally in an effort to keep user/system settings so that individual does not need to set their phone up. I would recommend taking the extra time to wipe. Wiping each three times is a precaution I and many others use with the fear that the first two wipes may have left stray data in the partitions. (Cache is wiped when doing a Factory Reset and the Dalvik Cache is located in the cache partition. Therefore it is not necessary to separately wipe cache/dalvik cache)
- Install your choice of Nightly (ROM)
- Install your choice of Gapps (Recommend Gapps: 11/30/2012 from goo.im)
- Optional: Install a kernel (such as faux123's GN-LTE Kernel, imoseyon's leanKernel, or franciscofranco's franco.Kernel)
The AOKP Team puts a lot of hard work into modifying the latest Android Operating System to give you features to enhance your overall experience. If you are happy with their work, consider thanking them or even sending a small donation to show your support!
If you are interested in viewing the source code to AOKP, you may do so by viewing the team's github. This is made possible by the open-sourceness of Android and the project!
If you would like to help with AOKP, contact Roman for more details!
Edited by DizzyThermal, 19 February 2013 - 11:41 PM.