- - - - -

TWRP Removal ? Help needed!

• Please log in to reply

OP Cgray11

Cgray11

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:21 AM #1

Hello I bought an htc evo 4g lte recently and when trying to update the htc software on it i noticed a team win recovery project screen coming up. I just want me phone back to stock . the phone is also rooted and has supersu on it. how to I get the phone back to complete stock? I have a mac and have no access to a windows computer. I know that the phone is rooted because i rooted it through my computer by downloading a root and typing instructions through terminal but how do i unroot it and remove the twrp?
  • 0 Likes

FdxRider

FdxRider

Android Beginner

• 14 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:48 AM #2

• 0 Likes
Hello from the Ginger Bread Kingdom where Shifting is an Art form

cloak.n.dagger

cloak.n.dagger

Average Android

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:44 PM #3

Just run the RUU and you'll be right as rain!

http://www.filefacto...eb73c80cc97030/
  • 0 Likes

GaryJohnSr

GaryJohnSr

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:28 PM #4

My phone:
Evo 4G LTE
LazyPanda
JEWEL PUT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT – 1.12.1111
Radio – 1.02.12.0427
Recovery – TWRP 2.2.2
ROM – CyanogenMod 10

I tried to upgrade to TWRP 2.3.1:
Download - Bootloader Method:
http://techerrata.co.....1.0-jewel.zip
Download the file above and rename to PJ75IMG.zip and place it on the root of the sdcard. Boot into bootloader and accept the update. Boot back to the ROM and rename/remove the file

Everything went well and the update was successful. However, my phone is stuck in a boot loop – clocking on the Cyanogen boot animation (the word “CyanogenMod” in the middle of a circle going clockwise on the outside and counter-clockwise on the inside). I let it run as long as 30 minutes - - no luck.

I am able to long-hold the power button to bring me back to the Upgrade screen. If I hit yes <VOL UP>, it updates successfully and asks to hit power to re-boot. If I hit no <VOL DOWN>, the upgrade is aborted and I am asked to hit power to re-boot.

I‘m thinking my options are:
1. Try the “RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter” to get back to where I was
2. Try the 1.13.165.1 RUU to get back to factory and then re-root.
3. ???

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Gary
  • 0 Likes

GaryJohnSr

GaryJohnSr

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:11 PM #5

I FIXED IT. Someone said that as long as the new "PJ75IMG.zip" was on the card, it would loop. I figured I would remove the sdcard. I knew there was a chance of corruption, but I removed it and got into TWRP. It was 2.3.1, but I reloaded 2.2.2., updated it clean full wipe, NAND restore and back in business.

This was the most scared I've been since I started rooting (my Hero, my OG Evo and my Evo 4G LTE).

WHEW!!!
  • 0 Likes