3. 0/5

[MOD] Transparent folders **Now working with TWRP**

• Please log in to reply

OP droidkevlar

droidkevlar

BAMF wh0re

• 617 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:52 PM #1

This will make the folders transparent. Very simple MOD. Should work with any ROM. Has been tested with stock and BAMF.

Thank you Adrynalyne & rhcp for help on getting this to work with our N7 and thanks to nhat for testing this.

I have included a zip to put it back to stock if you dont like it. As always, make a NAND before and I am not responsible if your N7 blows up after flashing this.

Instructions:

Reboot into recovery
Wipe cache & dalvik
Flash zip and enjoy

DOWNLOAD LINKS BELOW

Transparent folders
Stock folders

Screenie

Posted Image

Edited by droidkevlar, 20 August 2012 - 08:11 PM.

• 1 Likes

Posted Image

nhat

nhat

Android Master

• 820 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:35 AM #2

Thanks for putting in the work buddy!

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • 0 Likes

Mustang302LX

Mustang302LX

Android Guru

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:44 AM #3

Moved to Themes section as it is better suited for that forum.
  • 0 Likes

OP droidkevlar

droidkevlar

BAMF wh0re

• 617 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:34 AM #4

Moved to Themes section as it is better suited for that forum.

Sorry about that.

sent from my pants
  • 0 Likes

Posted Image

Mustang302LX

Mustang302LX

Android Guru

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:42 PM #5

Sorry about that.

sent from my pants

Not even an issue. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 running AOKP using the RootzWiki app.
  • 0 Likes

Xentar712

Xentar712

• 83 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:58 AM #6

This will make the folders transparent. Very simple MOD. Should work with any ROM. Has been tested with stock and BAMF. You must use CWMR. This does not work with TWRP.

Why doesn't it work with TWRP? I wasn't aware they flashed roms differently
  • 0 Likes

OP droidkevlar

droidkevlar

BAMF wh0re

• 617 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:47 AM #7

Why doesn't it work with TWRP? I wasn't aware they flashed roms differently

Has to do with a few things. The way the script is ran from vrtheme. rhcp said that it needed to be static for it to work on twrp which it is not. rhcp has been working on getting this fix in twrp so that it will work. In the mean time, you can just boot to cwmr to flash the zip. Thats what I do each time I flash a new ROM. I love TWRP too much to switch just for my MODS. And booting to cwmr will not over write your TWRP recovery.
  • 1 Likes

Posted Image

Xentar712

Xentar712

• 83 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:52 AM #8

Has to do with a few things. The way the script is ran from vrtheme. rhcp said that it needed to be static for it to work on twrp which it is not. rhcp has been working on getting this fix in twrp so that it will work. In the mean time, you can just boot to cwmr to flash the zip. Thats what I do each time I flash a new ROM. I love TWRP too much to switch just for my MODS. And booting to cwmr will not over write your TWRP recovery.

I like TWRP too. So much I never installed CWM. Guess I will now - just need to figure out the least painful way. :) Thanks
  • 0 Likes

OP droidkevlar

droidkevlar

BAMF wh0re

• 617 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:37 AM #9

I like TWRP too. So much I never installed CWM. Guess I will now - just need to figure out the least painful way. :) Thanks

You dont have to install it. Just fastboot it. Do this. Have your USB plug in and the CWM img in your adb directory. Then adb reboot bootloader. Once in fastboot then do fastboot boot imgnamehere. This will do a temp boot into CWM. After you clear cache and dalvik, flash the zip. Then reboot. You will still have TWRP as ur main recovery. I will add the steps to the first post as well.
  • 2 Likes

Posted Image

Xentar712

Xentar712

• 83 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:50 AM #10

You dont have to install it. Just fastboot it. Do this. Have your USB plug in and the CWM img in your adb directory. Then adb reboot bootloader. Once in fastboot then do fastboot boot imgnamehere. This will do a temp boot into CWM. After you clear cache and dalvik, flash the zip. Then reboot. You will still have TWRP as ur main recovery. I will add the steps to the first post as well.

Cool, I'll try that tonight. I installed CWM, flashed the rom and back to twrp. Transparent folders look great! Thanks for making this.

Edit: Tried your method after flashing a fresh Paranoidandroid rom(and after I fooled with it a little). Method worked great, however the mod didn't stick with this rom. Oh well, at least I learned something new today.

Edited by Xentar712, 13 August 2012 - 07:23 PM.

• 0 Likes