• Please log in to reply

OP rposa

rposa

Android Apprentice

• 28 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:39 PM #1

So here's what I know about Best Buy.

KEEP TRYING!

After standing in line Sunday morning, and on Saturday (at another) and today, I finally got two!

I called around and finally found someone who would TALK about them. They told me a certain store had some "in transit" and so I blasted to that store (trucks usually get there between 3 and 5 from what I was told, at least in this area).

Waited about 5 minutes at CS desk (reading a book on my phone) and they started setting up the line thingys.

This BB had actually gotten ~ 50 of each...
  • 0 Likes

luniz7

luniz7

Average Android

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:41 PM #2

Just went to 2, no luck
  • 0 Likes

blank

blank

Average Android

• 69 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:46 PM #3

I went to one. I have a job though. :erm (1):
  • 0 Likes
TouchPad Status
Processing: HP SMB — Tue 9:42AM PST - Canceled, recreated by HP Direct Orders. Delivery date: Sept. 2
Processing: CostCentral — Sun 7PM PST - Will probably be canceled.
Canceled: Insight — Tue 8AM PST.

bkosh84

bkosh84

Android Apprentice

• 26 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:02 PM #4

The job thing is the only thing that kept me from getting one for my fiance today at the local best buy close to me.. Oh well.. She wasn't heartbroken, she'll just steal mine and play with it, lol.
  • 0 Likes

soondolee

soondolee

Android Apprentice

• 25 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:24 PM #5

i went to three stores, no dice...
  • 0 Likes

martin0285

martin0285

Android Beginner

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:33 PM #6

So... I called my local bestbuy tonight about an hour after receiving cancel email from Amazon/onSale.... and low and behold I get "Man, we have a bunch of each model but you better hurry"... So I jumped in my car and flew down to bestbuy... About 5 minutes... Same guy that answered phone was at counter and could tell by look on my face... Said, I've sold 12 since you called... BUUUUT Still had over 10 left in each model... Grabbed myself a 32gb, FIIINALLY!!!

Also, clerk was strictly enforcing a "One of each model limit"... I could get a 16 and 32 but could not get 2 16s or 2 32s....

Def, keep trying!!
  • 0 Likes

blank

blank

Average Android

• 69 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:34 PM #7

Lucky you martin. Pick me up one too :androidwink:
  • 0 Likes
TouchPad Status
Processing: HP SMB — Tue 9:42AM PST - Canceled, recreated by HP Direct Orders. Delivery date: Sept. 2
Processing: CostCentral — Sun 7PM PST - Will probably be canceled.
Canceled: Insight — Tue 8AM PST.

Synack

Synack

F*cking badass

• 45 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:40 PM #8

All I know is after these past 5 days, BEST BUY CAN SUCK IT. They have been absolutely atrocious at dealing with the whole situation and not to mention the douchebag employees all snatch up the Touchpads and they don't tell any customers about them. And they lie about being in stock and when the trucks come etc etc.
  • 0 Likes

thrashermania

thrashermania

Android Beginner

• 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:06 PM #9

According to the Best Buy store in Tucker, GA: "We don't know if we are getting any more. HP has not told us if we are getting any more"
  • 0 Likes

Byakushiki

Byakushiki

Somewhere surrounded by server stacks...

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:08 PM #10

Got mine bright and early in the morning, 10am sharp when the store opened. Take a look at the line though...I got to the pads when there were 8 left, including both 16 and 32 gig tablets.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20110824_100316.jpg

• 0 Likes