Rate this Topic

32 votes

[ROM][4.4.x] AOKP :: kitkat :: d2lte

• Please log in to reply

funkpod

funkpod

• 70 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:17 AM #10741

Hmm.....if you need to, re push twrp using Odin. And then the ROM. Not sure what else to do...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• 0 Likes

Nobu

Nobu

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:42 PM #10742

@Shmeyer917

The latest roms are having issues booting, which one are you using? The one from June seems to work fine, maybe the first one in July (don't remember). If you're using a later version, they have excessively long boot times, and (in my experience) either don't boot at all or have touchscreen issues when booted while usb is plugged in (even if it's just charging).

The latest version only takes about a minute to boot for me, but I had to wipe then flash an older version (6/25 or 7/17), and then clearing only the caches, flash the new one (9/21). I also have the BMS kernel installed, so ymmv as far as boot times are concerned. I think it still has issues booting with usb connected, but I haven't tried in a while so I'm not sure.

Edit: I shut down my phone and timed the boot to confirm; it took 7 minutes the first time (I guess because I had installed a few apps), then I did it again and it took just over a minute.

Edited by Nobu, 28 September 2014 - 02:58 PM.

• 2 Likes

Shmeyer917

Shmeyer917

• 19 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:08 PM #10743

Thanks for the replies.  Sadly it seems my phone may have had its last week of use.  I flashed in a stock rom using ODIN and, still, no luck with my screen.  Maybe my digitizer is dead.  Who knows.  A sad sad day.  Now to figure out a work around to keep unlimited data on VZW.  

• 0 Likes

funkpod

funkpod

• 70 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:51 AM #10744

I'm in the same boat! Well, my phone isn't broken, but I was hoping to upgrade to a new phone this Christmas. But, the guy at the Verizon store said that I'd be moving from unlimited to 2gb. 2! Verizon customer for like 15 years, and only 2gb. Sheesh.

I gotta say, New Moto x looks sweet! Just wish that it had better battery...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• 0 Likes

bean

bean

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:47 AM #10745

I finally upgraded to 9/21 despite the long boot, a few issues:

Incoming calls no BT audio

Longer boot plugged in; screen (digitizer) does not respond

• 0 Likes