Rate this Topic

32 votes

[ROM][4.4.x] AOKP :: kitkat :: d2lte

• Please log in to reply

gtdtm

gtdtm

• 76 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:05 AM #10731

long time lurker, semi updater here. I'm still running JB-MR2 on my Verizon S3 and loving it but just curious why there hasn't been a milestone for KK yet while we are this close to the next version. Danke!

AOKP doesn't do milestones any more from what I understand. Their "daily" builds are considered stable. Generally this has been true, but the long boot times on the d2lte have been a problem for many weeks now as you can read from the last few pages.

• 0 Likes

Nobu

Nobu

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:21 AM #10732

Just a quick update...not getting ridiculous boot times anymore after flashing the BMS kernel. Maybe it's kernel related?
  • 1 Likes

livz

livz

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:16 PM #10733

Anyone else having trouble with the latest 9/11 nightly? It seems to hang indefinitely on the initial boot screen.

I've tried doing a full wipe with just AOKP installed and a full wipe with AOKP+gapps but nothing seems to work. It was stuck on the initial boot screen for over an hour before I gave up and reverted back to an old build.

Edited by livz, 11 September 2014 - 04:39 PM.

• 0 Likes

Nobu

Nobu

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:05 PM #10734

I'm making a backup right now, will test once it's done and update this post.

Edit: 9/11 build works fine for me, stock kernel, with (currently optimizing apps) and without gapps (twice). Boot time isn't really bad either, maybe 5 minutes (haven't measured, probably less). Note: I didn't wipe everything, just the caches.

Still having problems with the touch screen not functioning if plugged into usb when booting (even if it's just a charger). Just did a full wipe, will update with more info later, if I don't fall asleep first. lol

~15 minutes later, still stuck at boot. Probably because it was connected to usb, trying again while disconnected.

Still got stuck at boot. This worked for me, though:

1.) full-wipe, flash older aokp (say, 6/25), boot, switch to ART (reboot and let optimize).

2.) flash g-apps, boot and let optimize

3.) wipe cache only, flash 9/11 and g-apps, boot.

4.)...profit. :D

Note: I had flashed the BMS kernel at steps 1 and 3, but that should be entirely optional. YMMV

Edited by Nobu, 12 September 2014 - 11:51 PM.

• 1 Likes

livz

livz

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:30 PM #10735

I'm making a backup right now, will test once it's done and update this post.

Edit: 9/11 build works fine for me, stock kernel, with (currently optimizing apps) and without gapps (twice). Boot time isn't really bad either, maybe 5 minutes (haven't measured, probably less). Note: I didn't wipe everything, just the caches.

Still having problems with the touch screen not functioning if plugged into usb when booting (even if it's just a charger). Just did a full wipe, will update with more info later, if I don't fall asleep first. lol

~15 minutes later, still stuck at boot. Probably because it was connected to usb, trying again while disconnected.

Still got stuck at boot. This worked for me, though:

1.) full-wipe, flash older aokp (say, 6/25), boot, switch to ART (reboot and let optimize).

2.) flash g-apps, boot and let optimize

3.) wipe cache only, flash 9/11 and g-apps, boot.

4.)...profit. :D

Note: I had flashed the BMS kernel at steps 1 and 3, but that should be entirely optional. YMMV

Wiping only the cache first worked for me. Thanks for the help!

Edited by livz, 13 September 2014 - 05:31 PM.

• 0 Likes