* * * * -
31 votes

[ROM][4.4.2] AOKP :: kitkat :: d2vzw

• Please log in to reply

prophecyny7

prophecyny7

Enjoying Android

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:41 PM #10571

New build is out and I got notified through Aokp push app. So far so good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• 1 Likes

SpiderTECH

SpiderTECH

• 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:54 AM #10572

So I've noticed that AOKP has been going to Unified Device Roms now. I've been using AOKP Push for a while.  Am I supposed to manually change it to look for d2lte for unified S3 or do I do something else? I have an S3 Verizon. and AOKP Push hasn't notified me of any releases.

I guess I should mention that I'm still on Jelly Bean Milestone 1 (jb-mr2) as its been the most stable and fully featured for me. I'm holding out for the more fully featured KitKat Milestone whenever that will be. However I still was getting the KitKat release notifications from AOKPush but only for d2vzw.  That being said, I decided to clear AOKPush's Data and still it checks only for d2vzw. So I went ahead and manually changed it to d2lte.  I'll let you know next release if I get notified. Which would mean AOKPush would need to be changed to ask for unified or older devices.

Oh okay. Yes that Jelly Bean Milestone was legit, I definitely miss blue tooth data being streamed to my car so I could see song information. Since that's the case the only way you could see the newer builds is with the manual device switch which you have already done.

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk

New build is out and I got notified through Aokp push app. So far so good.

Same here. Looks like changing AOKPush manually did the trick.

• 0 Likes

silver04v

silver04v

Root...? YUP

• 165 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:54 PM #10573

Anything weird about the newest builds? I need to upgrade. Still on JB. Any quirks,things not working on the latest nightly? Anything I should know?

Sent from my CandyKat Nexus7 v2

• 0 Likes

prophecyny7

prophecyny7

Enjoying Android

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:55 PM #10574

Anything weird about the newest builds? I need to upgrade. Still on JB. Any quirks,things not working on the latest nightly? Anything I should know?

Sent from my CandyKat Nexus7 v2

Not nearly as many customizations as the jellybean builds but latest nightly seems pretty stable. No lockscreen shortcuts being the one feature I used the most that is not currently available. Wifi, bluetooth, Gps, and phone calls all working for me.

• 0 Likes

prophecyny7

prophecyny7

Enjoying Android

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:39 AM #10575

New Theme Engine is giving some issues on some of my themes. When I select a email with multi select (tapping on the senders icon) I get a pop-up ety9ahu2.jpg

It's not all my themes so it's probably just that the themes I use need to be updated. Just posting for those that use themes as a heads up to be aware of.

Edited by prophecyny7, 19 April 2014 - 03:51 AM.

• 0 Likes

blux

blux

• 35 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:20 AM #10576

Finally made the jump to a 4.4 ROM. I'm currently on the 3-27 nightly without any problems. I do have a few questions that I'm not sure if it's ROM related or 4.4 related.

- Is GPS called Location now? I don't see any GPS settings or a GPS toggle...

- The Android keyboard no longer let's me long-press letters for extra characters or move buttons around. I don't normally use the Speech to Text, so I move the mic button to the symbols keyboard. Am I missing something in the default Android keyboard and the downloadable Google keyboard?

Also, the new Google Camera is a little buggy for me. It crashes on Lens Blur, and Panorama/Photo Sphere only show a black box instead of the scene. I saw that another ROM released a fix, does anyone know of one for this ROM?

Thanks! 

• 0 Likes

BurnBabyBurn

BurnBabyBurn

• 14 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:00 AM #10577

Just a head's up I ran into some problems dirty flashing from the last d2vzw to the d2lte build - location services failed, couldn't log into play.  I'm sure a clean install would be fine, but I'm to busy to deal with that at the moment.

No lockscreen shortcuts being the one feature I used the most that is not currently available.

I used these all the time before and have been making due with ribbons for the time being.  you can do a ribbon for the lock screen alone and not have them running anywhere else in the rom.

• 0 Likes