DFAx

DFAx

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:29 PM #10561

Device: d2vzw
Galaxy S3 (Verizon)

Version: 2014-03-27

If i pull down the status/notification bar (the bar at the top with the time/date), and hold the power button to bring up the menu with the screenshot option, it cancels out of the expanded status bar.
in short, I am unable to take a screenshot of my status bar when its expanded

old problem, mentioned last post
2)
Settings -> under Wireless & networks More... -> Mobile network settings -> carrior settings
crash
com.androind.phone has stopped

\

• 0 Likes

prophecyny7

prophecyny7

Enjoying Android

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:01 AM #10562

Device: d2vzw
Galaxy S3 (Verizon)

Version: 2014-03-27

If i pull down the status/notification bar (the bar at the top with the time/date), and hold the power button to bring up the menu with the screenshot option, it cancels out of the expanded status bar.
in short, I am unable to take a screenshot of my status bar when its expanded

old problem, mentioned last post
2)
Settings -> under Wireless & networks More... -> Mobile network settings -> carrior settings
crash
com.androind.phone has stopped

\

Does the built in screen shot work (Power with Volume Down)? 

Carrier Settings is still crashing as of 4/6 Nightly, though I think Verizon doesn't give you settings which might be causing the crashes, never used that feature before so I'm not sure. Might just be a setting for GSM Models. 

• 0 Likes

tylerlawhon

tylerlawhon

Android Beginner

• 302 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:06 AM #10563

Try holding power to get screenshot option, then once selected quickly pull down notification shade to get what you're needing.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 4

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button

• 0 Likes

SpiderTECH

SpiderTECH

• 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:37 AM #10564

So I've noticed that AOKP has been going to Unified Device Roms now. I've been using AOKP Push for a while.  Am I supposed to manually change it to look for d2lte for unified S3 or do I do something else? I have an S3 Verizon. and AOKP Push hasn't notified me of any releases.

• 0 Likes

prophecyny7

prophecyny7

Enjoying Android

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:40 PM #10565

So I've noticed that AOKP has been going to Unified Device Roms now. I've been using AOKP Push for a while. Am I supposed to manually change it to look for d2lte for unified S3 or do I do something else? I have an S3 Verizon. and AOKP Push hasn't notified me of any releases.

Just checked my Aokp Push app and it automatically detects that I'm on d2lte. I did have to manually update to the 4/6 build though. Will let you know if I receive a notification when next build is released.

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk

• 0 Likes

SpiderTECH

SpiderTECH

• 10 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:54 AM #10566

Just checked my Aokp Push app and it automatically detects that I'm on d2lte. I did have to manually update to the 4/6 build though. Will let you know if I receive a notification when next build is released.

I guess I should mention that I'm still on Jelly Bean Milestone 1 (jb-mr2) as its been the most stable and fully featured for me. I'm holding out for the more fully featured KitKat Milestone whenever that will be. However I still was getting the KitKat release notifications from AOKPush but only for d2vzw.  That being said, I decided to clear AOKPush's Data and still it checks only for d2vzw. So I went ahead and manually changed it to d2lte.  I'll let you know next release if I get notified. Which would mean AOKPush would need to be changed to ask for unified or older devices.

• 0 Likes

prophecyny7

prophecyny7

Enjoying Android

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:07 AM #10567

I guess I should mention that I'm still on Jelly Bean Milestone 1 (jb-mr2) as its been the most stable and fully featured for me. I'm holding out for the more fully featured KitKat Milestone whenever that will be. However I still was getting the KitKat release notifications from AOKPush but only for d2vzw. That being said, I decided to clear AOKPush's Data and still it checks only for d2vzw. So I went ahead and manually changed it to d2lte. I'll let you know next release if I get notified. Which would mean AOKPush would need to be changed to ask for unified or older devices.

Oh okay. Yes that Jelly Bean Milestone was legit, I definitely miss blue tooth data being streamed to my car so I could see song information. Since that's the case the only way you could see the newer builds is with the manual device switch which you have already done.

• 0 Likes

daimerion

daimerion

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:27 AM #10568

Ok, I'm having an issue trying to build since unification. I basically changed repo init to reflect d2lte instead of d2vzw and then did a repo sync then brunch d2lte. Ended about 30 to 40 mins later which is close to the end of my build time with this...

target thumb C++: content_content_common_gyp <= external/chromium_org/content/common/android/trace_event_binding.cc
In file included from external/chromium_org/content/common/android/hash_set.cc:5:0:
/home/daimerion/aokp/out/target/product/d2lte/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/content/jni/HashSet_jni.h:24:20: error: expected initializer before '<' token
/home/daimerion/aokp/out/target/product/d2lte/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/content/jni/HashSet_jni.h:26:17: error: expected initializer before '<' token
/home/daimerion/aokp/out/target/product/d2lte/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/content/jni/HashSet_jni.h:29:22: error: expected '{' before '<' token
/home/daimerion/aokp/out/target/product/d2lte/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/content/jni/HashSet_jni.h:29:22: error: expected unqualified-id before '<' token
external/chromium_org/content/common/android/hash_set.cc:30:1: error: expected '}' at end of input
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [/home/daimerion/aokp/out/target/product/d2lte/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/content_content_common_gyp_intermediates/content/common/android/hash_set.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by daimerion, 12 April 2014 - 08:31 AM.

• 0 Likes

thorrules

thorrules

• 34 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:11 AM #10569

How is the d2lte build stability as compared to d2vzw aokp Kitkat? I love the stability of aokp roms. But I wanted to be sure d2lte builds are stable enough for Verizon. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• 0 Likes

prophecyny7

prophecyny7

Enjoying Android

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:43 AM #10570

How is the d2lte build stability as compared to d2vzw aokp Kitkat? I love the stability of aokp roms. But I wanted to be sure d2lte builds are stable enough for Verizon. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

From my experience the nightly build of d2lte (4/6) is just as stable as the last d2vzw (3/27). Still get the occasional random reboot but overall everything I need to work is working. 

• 1 Likes