15 votes

[ROM GUIDE] How to install Android on the HP TouchPad "The Easy Way"

• Please log in to reply

iittaalliiaann

iittaalliiaann

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:17 AM #1761

Yes use gapps 20121011 as this what's recommended by jcsullins and the fact that this rom is not 4.2 m

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Ok. I was hoping to take advantage of the new features but I would rather have my account sync correctly. Thanks.
  • 0 Likes

sstar

sstar

Android Lover

• 111 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:31 AM #1762

You're welcome, if you wanted multiple users there is an app called SwitchMe.

• 1 Likes

st_7

st_7

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:46 PM #1763

I've been using CM9 & now CM10 on my touchpad for past few months. I like to know how can i get USB Connection prompts just as you get when you connect any android phone to computer. I'm asking this because when I connect my Touchpad to computer it straight goest MTP or PTP(Camera connection type) but never asks me whether to charge or mount it as mass storage device. I can't deselect the MTP option either I only can change between MTP & PTP options.

Can some body shed some light on this?
  • 0 Likes

sstar

sstar

Android Lover

• 111 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:47 AM #1764

I've been using CM9 & now CM10 on my touchpad for past few months. I like to know how can i get USB Connection prompts just as you get when you connect any android phone to computer. I'm asking this because when I connect my Touchpad to computer it straight goest MTP or PTP(Camera connection type) but never asks me whether to charge or mount it as mass storage device. I can't deselect the MTP option either I only can change between MTP & PTP options.

Can some body shed some light on this?

If you want to mount USB you have to do it in recovery, there is no charge only option.

• 0 Likes

Salvation27

Salvation27

Super User

• 359 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:36 AM #1765

Also- USB barely charges the touchpad
  • 0 Likes

gepamal

gepamal

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:39 AM #1766

Installed the 1216 right after JC unbricked my TP.
I find the interface "snappier" and I no longer have to worry about the battery since the 3% threshold was implemented.

The only annoying issue is it no longer connects to my domestic wifi.
Shows obtaining ip address but no luck so far.
Any hint?

Thanks and regards
  • 0 Likes
Tablets; Commtiva n700, Amazon Kindle2, Koboglo, Onda Vi10, two HP TP 32 Go including one tpdebricked by JCSullins, 1 HPTP 64, 1 iPad 64 3G.
Phones; Stock Samsung Galaxy Note 2, bricked HTC One X Revolution HD, stock iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Ace CM'ed
No, I'm not *that* compulsive.

Gradular

Gradular

Android Master

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:50 AM #1767

Installed the 1216 right after JC unbricked my TP.
I find the interface "snappier" and I no longer have to worry about the battery since the 3% threshold was implemented.

The only annoying issue is it no longer connects to my domestic wifi.
Shows obtaining ip address but no luck so far.
Any hint?

Thanks and regards

Did you try rebooting your router?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using RootzWiki
  • 2 Likes

Motorola I1, Samsung Transform Ultra(rooted) running 2.3.6 via ff27 forcedROM
Touchpad running cm7 a3.5, cm9 a0, cm9 a0.5, cm9 a0.6 nightly, cm9 a1.0, cm9 a2.0, cm9 nightlies, cm 9 weeklies, cm 10 previews cm10.1 Milaq, cm10.2 Milaq cm11 by invisblek
Samsung Galaxy tab running cm10, cm10.1 experimental, cm10.1 nightlies, cody's cm10.2, cm10.2 nightlies  cm11 by codyf86

All the TouchPad PC files in a few simple clicks. How to change your data, system, and cache sizes

gepamal

gepamal

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:09 AM #1768

Did you try rebooting your router?

I'm such a moron... Thanks, it works now!
Kind regards
  • 0 Likes
Tablets; Commtiva n700, Amazon Kindle2, Koboglo, Onda Vi10, two HP TP 32 Go including one tpdebricked by JCSullins, 1 HPTP 64, 1 iPad 64 3G.
Phones; Stock Samsung Galaxy Note 2, bricked HTC One X Revolution HD, stock iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Ace CM'ed
No, I'm not *that* compulsive.

rob_z11

rob_z11

Android Beginner

• 70 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:26 PM #1769

Has anyone implemented App2SD of some sort? I am running out of the /data partition space, and some of the apps are not updating. I am running 12/16 JB10.
  • 0 Likes

cyberprashant

cyberprashant

Android Lover

• 106 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:38 PM #1770

yes app2sd worked for me to move the big games such as angry birds etc to SD card. I used acme installer 3 and verified system space is 403 MB total. Can follow video tips to delete some system media audio/video files too to free up some sysem space

Got my flash working too - dolphin now natively has flash disabled under settings, web content. To enable follow this tip: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1906341 (and double tap video once running to view).

I actually dirty flashed CM9 to CM10 with acme installer 3 with no adverse effects so far. To get google now working, you'll need to get the latest google search app from the play store and open it.

edit speak of the devil - first occ. random reboot - but first time in over a week of heavy use. I understand that's been the case with the CM10 builds? (even clean flashed ones).

Edited by cyberprashant, 30 January 2013 - 12:51 PM.

• 0 Likes
What's Shaking - free earthquake app
EasyPulse - free pulse rate calculator
TechTray - news of 50 top tech sites
DocTray - news of 50 top med sites
http://www.kliktray.com