Rate this Topic

15 votes

[ROM GUIDE] How to install Android 2.3-4.3 on the HP TouchPad "The Easy Way"

• Please log in to reply

noseph

noseph

Super User

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:23 AM #1261

For some reason I can not find the Camera app on my TouchPad. Where can I find it?
  • 0 Likes

Get 15GB + 5GB of cloud storage for both of us with Copy.com! CLICK HERE

VincentDHam

VincentDHam

Android Apprentice

• 75 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:26 AM #1262

I too have this issue
  • 0 Likes

Salvation27

Salvation27

Super User

• 359 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:26 AM #1263

I too have this issue

For some reason I can not find the Camera app on my TouchPad. Where can I find it?

Camera Launcher for Nexus 7- download it
  • 1 Likes

stevos

stevos

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:30 AM #1264

Fix Permissions in Recovery.

Tried the fix permissions without luck. Still getting the errors.

I have the GAPPS installed from the front page of this post.

I will try reinstalling GAPPS now that the permissions are fixed, but i suspect that won't solve it. Is there a way to remove GAPPS without clearing the whole Touchpad and starting a fresh?
  • 0 Likes

noseph

noseph

Super User

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:33 AM #1265

Camera Launcher for Nexus 7- download it

Thank you, works great.
  • 0 Likes

Get 15GB + 5GB of cloud storage for both of us with Copy.com! CLICK HERE

Gradular

Gradular

Android Master

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:06 AM #1266

Tried the fix permissions without luck. Still getting the errors.

I have the GAPPS installed from the front page of this post.

I will try reinstalling GAPPS now that the permissions are fixed, but i suspect that won't solve it. Is there a way to remove GAPPS without clearing the whole Touchpad and starting a fresh?

Which gapps exactly? There is no way to renove just the gapps package. You can just reflash it. It sounds like you might have inode errors. How did you first install cm10?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

Motorola I1, Samsung Transform Ultra(rooted) running 2.3.6 via ff27 forcedROM
Touchpad running cm7 a3.5, cm9 a0, cm9 a0.5, cm9 a0.6 nightly, cm9 a1.0, cm9 a2.0, cm9 nightlies, cm 9 weeklies, cm 10 previews cm10.1 Milaq, cm10.2 Milaq cm11 by invisblek
Samsung Galaxy tab running cm10, cm10.1 experimental, cm10.1 nightlies, cody's cm10.2, cm10.2 nightlies  cm11 by codyf86

All the TouchPad PC files in a few simple clicks. How to change your data, system, and cache sizes

FormerlyMQ

FormerlyMQ

• 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:17 AM #1267

I have some strange issues to report.

I originally installed the 11/16 preview using acme3 after using acmeuninstaller and secure full erase in webos. It worked for a week well, but as time progressed, it felt like it was getting more finnicky. i originally installed all the stuff I wanted, then changed my DPI. For about 4 days it worked that way fine, then it rebooted suddenly and reverted back to default DPI. From that point forward it wouldn't switch back. Also at that time, the moboot option screen wouldn't show anymore as the touchpad would boot straight into cm10. At that time clockworkmod and twrp both had issues, so I wasn't that concerned. When the updated clockworkmod arrived, I decided I would try to install it. The gooim app seemed like a backdoor to twrp so I tried to get in that way, but it seemed to have lost all its permissions, it wouldn't do anything after hitting the flash button. Lastly, I tried to manually put clockworkmod6 into the boot folder using es file explorer, the native file explorer, and a few other programs and they all failed (I think it was permissions issues). I couldn't get around them so I decided to start from scratch again and try again.

So i acmeuninstalled and secure wiped again, and installed the new 12/16 preview, the recommended jb gapps, moboot, and clockworkmod 6.

All seems well with this new setup except for one wierd thing. The play store was there after booting up, but no other gapps were there. So I thought, oh it must not have installed due to the "update" nomenclature needed in acmeinstaller, I'll just install it with clcockworkmod. After that, same thing. OK, maybe a bad gapps file, I'll re-dl.
Reinstall using clockwork, no dice. Same thing. So i manually downloaded the gapps i wanted, and all seems fine so far.

Sorry for the wall of text, but thought this information could possibly help someone. Again, this is great! Thanks for making the touchpad so useful!

Edited by FormerlyMQ, 21 December 2012 - 08:27 AM.

• 0 Likes

nubar

nubar

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:24 AM #1268

For the last two versions of Cm10 (12 and 16) I've been experiencing some freezing while working in Settings/Apps.

I regularly go into the app settings to move apps from internal storage, where they're installed by default, to SD card where I have lots of room.

Since downloading 12 I've noticed periodic freeze-ups while in there. The whole UI will freeze for up to 30 seconds. It usually comes back with the 'not responding' message, at which point I just tap Wait and keep going. At first I though it was a side effect of the system being busy moving my app from internal to sd, but then I noticed that this would happen even if I'd just tapped on a few apps to see their details, regardless of whether I'd chosen to take an action.

Sometimes (roughly every fourth or fifth time) the freeze-out actually results in a reboot. So clearly something more serious than just busy-ness is going on.

Anyone have any thoughts about this?

adthanksvance.

Edited by nubar, 21 December 2012 - 09:26 AM.

• 0 Likes

Geekswife1992

Geekswife1992

Android Apprentice

• 193 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:36 AM #1269

Sorry for reposting entire quote. Dolphin browser and rootzwiki just don't seem to get along when trying to type.

Anyway, I had the same issue with jb-gapps. Downloaded many times but only one or two actually installed. I did exactly what you did. Manually pulled gapps from playstore. When I moved to the 12/16 rom and tried the jb-gapps file again I did not see any errors (doesn't mean there weren't any, just not noticable). So I'm hopeful that moving forward there won't be any issues.

I originally installed the 11/16 preview using acme3 after using acmeuninstaller and secure full erase in webos. It worked for a week well, but as time progressed, it felt like it was getting more finnicky. i originally installed all the stuff I wanted, then changed my DPI. For about 4 days it worked that way fine, then it rebooted suddenly and reverted back to default DPI. From that point forward it wouldn't switch back. Also at that time, the moboot option screen wouldn't show anymore as the touchpad would boot straight into cm10. At that time clockworkmod and twrp both had issues, so I wasn't that concerned. When the updated clockworkmod arrived, I decided I would try to install it. The gooim app seemed like a backdoor to twrp so I tried to get in that way, but it seemed to have lost all its permissions, it wouldn't do anything after hitting the flash button. Lastly, I tried to manually put clockworkmod6 into the boot folder using es file explorer, the native file explorer, and a few other programs and they all failed (I think it was permissions issues). I couldn't get around them so I decided to start from scratch again and try again.

So i acmeuninstalled and secure wiped again, and installed the new 12/16 preview, the recommended jb gapps, moboot, and clockworkmod 6.

All seems well with this new setup except for one wierd thing. The play store was there after booting up, but no other gapps were there. So I thought, oh it must not have installed due to the "update" nomenclature needed in acmeinstaller, I'll just install it with clcockworkmod. After that, same thing. OK, maybe a bad gapps file, I'll re-dl.
Reinstall using clockwork, no dice. Same thing. So i manually downloaded the gapps i wanted, and all seems fine so far.

Sorry for the wall of text, but thought this information could possibly help someone. Again, this is great! Thanks for making the touchpad so useful!

• 0 Likes
Posted Image Posted Image

jrafuse

jrafuse

CM Super Fan

• 345 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:10 PM #1270

You say you used the recommended jb gapps. Which version? as JCSullins has asked that only the official JB 4.1 gapps be used which is the 10/11/2012 version.

Also, you might want to check your boot and System partition space as this could also be an indication that either of them are full or close to full.

Hope this helps,

John
  • 1 Likes
HP TouchPad CM9/CM10 Unofficial/Official Nightlys with Camera fixes - Always the Latest!
Samsung Galaxy S3 I535 (non-rooted - yet)
Win7(64bit)/Vista(64bit)/XP(no bit - lol)

If you found my post helpful, please use the LIKE button to say Thanks!