20 votes

[GApps] 4.1.2-485486 JZO54K GApps Package 10/12

• Please log in to reply

gaetawoo

gaetawoo

Love your frenemies

• 1,529 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:45 PM #441

so if i flash picasa sync fix on liquid do the extra features still work?

you can actually have 2 gallery apps on you phone. they have different names. you will see 2. one will have no sync and a modded camera, and the other will have stock camera and picasa sync. you'll have to figure out which is which but it CAN work. just messy.
  • 2 Likes

TMFGO45

TMFGO45

Android Master

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:21 PM #442

So Form... can i call you Form? No? k, Formula, i have another update for your gapps:

VoiceSearchStub.apk
VoiceDailer.apk

Are NO LONGER needed and can be safely (as far as i can tell) deleted.

<commenceStory>
I had my phone BT connected to my car radio and i pressed and held down the volume button for a couple seconds to see what it did, well it activated voice dial on my phone. but it activated the VoiceDailer.apk and when that opened it immediately closed, could not connect to audio input device. so i ran it without bluetooth, just clicking on the voice dailer app and same thing. so it's useless now. a relic of 2.3 and older. I froze it in TiBu and tried my button press again on my radio and this time it opened the proper JB Google Voice Dailer. So that's a little thing somewhere tied to voice input.

Also, i froze VoiceSearchStub and nothing bad happened. it's a 4.0.0.whatever version also, not that that has anything to do with ics or anything. but it caused no issues, Google Voice Search worked fine, Google Now was fine.

So both of those can go. And they will be going for me.

I looked everywhere for these other files you are talking about and I can't find them anywhere. All I have is Voice Dialer, so I'm not sure where yours came from....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus! (CNA 3.2 , Popcorn 11.6, TWRP 2.2)
  • 0 Likes

TMFGO45

TMFGO45

Android Master

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:29 PM #443

So Form... can i call you Form? No? k, Formula, i have another update for your gapps:

VoiceSearchStub.apk
VoiceDailer.apk

Are NO LONGER needed and can be safely (as far as i can tell) deleted.

<commenceStory>
I had my phone BT connected to my car radio and i pressed and held down the volume button for a couple seconds to see what it did, well it activated voice dial on my phone. but it activated the VoiceDailer.apk and when that opened it immediately closed, could not connect to audio input device. so i ran it without bluetooth, just clicking on the voice dailer app and same thing. so it's useless now. a relic of 2.3 and older. I froze it in TiBu and tried my button press again on my radio and this time it opened the proper JB Google Voice Dailer. So that's a little thing somewhere tied to voice input.

Also, i froze VoiceSearchStub and nothing bad happened. it's a 4.0.0.whatever version also, not that that has anything to do with ics or anything. but it caused no issues, Google Voice Search worked fine, Google Now was fine.

So both of those can go. And they will be going for me.

Okay I spoke one minute too soon. Should have let my Root Explorer search finish.

I do also have voicesearchstub, but my research has indicated this probably has something to do with Google Now.

I still do not have that other file though...

• 0 Likes

gaetawoo

gaetawoo

Love your frenemies

• 1,529 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:54 PM #444

Okay I spoke one minute too soon. Should have let my Root Explorer search finish.

I do also have voicesearchstub, but my research has indicated this probably has something to do with Google Now.

I still do not have that other file though...

voice dailer comes on the ROM, voice search stub comes on the gapps (i'm using aokp jb).

I don't know what voice search stubb would have to do with google now. now is an integrated app in Velvet.apk and then there is GoogleTTS.apk which replaces full PicoTts. i froze voiesearchstub and google now, voice searching , all that worked fine.

I just now even ran my old Voice Search shortcut (through Nova Launcher) and it opened up voice search in Google Now.

I see no reason to keep voiesearchstub
  • 0 Likes

jesssiii

jesssiii

Android Lover

• 1,389 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:17 AM #445

as of now if you flash Formulas gaaps you get the Google gallery which enables syncing, nothing special needed other than just flashing the gapps.
On the other hand, if you flash the Liquidsmooth gapps then you'll get the AOSP gallery (with ALL the stock camera settings, ISO, Anti-banding, etc.) but no syncing. There is however a patch for the Liquidsmooth gaaps that will give you the same deal as Formulas gaaps. Why is there two different gaaps? The Liquidsmooth gaaps has some theming elements that lends itself to the Liguidsmooth ROM. Liquid smooth ROM is only mentioned here because Formula made it specifically for Liquidsmooth. That's probably part of the confusion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

you can actually have 2 gallery apps on you phone. they have different names. you will see 2. one will have no sync and a modded camera, and the other will have stock camera and picasa sync. you'll have to figure out which is which but it CAN work. just messy.

Thanks guys! I'm going to add the gallery from Formula's Custom gapps to the Liquid gapps. Then, even though I don't let google sync my pics, I'll still have the choice, along with a nicer camera (once I figure out which one is which).

Am I on the right track? And Formula, thanks again for putting these together and sharing!
  • 0 Likes

OP Formula84

Formula84

Android Enthusiast

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:19 AM #446

voice dailer comes on the ROM, voice search stub comes on the gapps (i'm using aokp jb).

I don't know what voice search stubb would have to do with google now. now is an integrated app in Velvet.apk and then there is GoogleTTS.apk which replaces full PicoTts. i froze voiesearchstub and google now, voice searching , all that worked fine.

I just now even ran my old Voice Search shortcut (through Nova Launcher) and it opened up voice search in Google Now.

I see no reason to keep voiesearchstub

Thanks for the in in input, I will add a delete reference for voice dialer as that is an aosp thing that was not included in the factory image and agree if it interferes then let's get it out. Although the voice search stub, that was in the factory image so it's staying...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Edited by Formula84, 18 August 2012 - 08:20 AM.

• 0 Likes

TMFGO45

TMFGO45

Android Master

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:54 AM #447

Where is the Google Voice Dialer? Is it built into another app?

• 0 Likes

jesssiii

jesssiii

Android Lover

• 1,389 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:18 AM #448

After installing gallery2 and playing around with the cameras, I decided I don't see the big woop. I like the camera I have fine, so I'm keeping the google gallery.
  • 1 Likes

droidrage729

droidrage729

Android Apprentice

• 644 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:49 PM #449

So either package should be good for the n7? I realize they are gapps but hey seem to contain a lot of gnex specific content.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by droidrage729, 19 August 2012 - 12:50 PM.

• 0 Likes

jova33

jova33

Android Beginner

• 759 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:33 PM #450

So either package should be good for the n7? I realize they are gapps but hey seem to contain a lot of gnex specific content.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Works fine on my N7.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 2 Likes
(VZW) Galaxy S4