#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Mod Type:: GApps

Difficulty:: Very Easy

Mod Base:: AOSP

Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Source::
Here is a package I personally put together for myself, figured others may want this. I also wanted to get the attention of ROM Devs so maybe they will incorporate these versions into their build if bundled or recommend these to be flashed with their ROMs .

I noticed all of the existing GApps packages floating around all used the leaked 4.1 GApps and not the updated ones from the official 4.1.1 Image from Google. So I compiled a new zip that has the exact file structure as the 7-26 Goo.im (CM Promoted) gapps package but used all files from the official 4.1.2 JZO54K release.

Archived original OP on 8/31 to post #3 -If anyone wants to read more on original ranting that made me create these packages in further detail.

There are two GApps pacakges available, use one or the other, both include all needed gapps and services that are required to run Google software....only one small difference - Camera and Gallery app.

Both Include: Calendar Sync, Bookmarks Sync, Face Detection, News & Weather, Google Backup/Restore, Contacts Sync, Sound Search, GoogleTTS, Google Now w/English Installed, Play Store, Talk, Voice Search

Pick one only, use the explanations of each below to determine which version is best for you. These should be compatible with any JB based rom.

gapps-jb-20121012-JZO54K-Formula84 | This version is for users that want to keep the Roms custom camera options (Power Shutter, ISO changes, etc.) only issue is that this has a trade off, you wil not be able to use Google Picture Sync.

gapps-addon-JZO54K-Picasa-Sync | This is an addon for users that want to use Google Picture Sync and get the experience Google intended.

Note: Some Factory Shipped GApps have not been inlcuded due to newer versions being available on the Play Store for download. Also available via Addon zips -See this post for explanation of addon zips or Click on the name/links to take you to installs for each (GMail, Youtube, Maps / street view, Google +, Music, etc.)

Recent Changelog:
10/12: See this post
9/29: See this post
9/19: Updated stand-alone wallet zip to 9/5/12 Version.
8/31: Updated to JRO03O build, Reorganized OP for a simpler explanation.
Full Changelog: See Post #3 for Details

Downloads:
*** LiquidJB-GApps folder is for Liquid ROM only, (Liquid Users See this Post for more info)
Primary - New 10/12 Files Available!
Goo.im Link -Donate to Goo.im at least once if you can
Secondary - Only 8/31 Files for now below
MediaFire Link to Folder
Google Drive Link to Folder
Box.net Link to Folder

Installation Tip:
I have only tested these with installing in the same recovery session as the Rom. Not sure if that matters or not, but I have been doing that since the Nexus S GApps Wallet issues back in the day. Thats how I would recommend this be installed.

Google Wallet Installation:
Only thing I can see people having issues with on Play Store may be Google Wallet. I know that when you search on PC not even signed in Wallet does not come up in results, its almost Like Google is Hiding it. So here is the link I used to install it properly, also had another Liquid user test in IRC successfully.
From you phone click this link, https://play.google....letnfcrel&hl=en[background=transparent],[/background] if asked which to open with use Play Store...You should be directed to the Wallet App and have the option to install.

Alternate Google Wallet Install:
I have made a flashable install for the latest 9/5/12 wallet since it seems to be a mixed bag of results using the link.

The link worked for me prior then after my phone got wiped and I setup from scratch I found the link did not work for me either.

So anyone that wants wallet check out the "Addon Pacakges" folder in the JZO54K Gapps folder from any of the links in the OP.

Edit: Oh and forgot to say if you found this useful don't forget to grow my internet-peter-meter by hitting "Like" - also some people respond to this topic so it doesn't get buried in the multitude of Rom threads

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Changelog:
9/19: Updated stand-alone wallet zip to 9/5/12 Version.
8/31: Updated to JRO03O build, Reorganized OP for a simpler explanation.
8/14: Added Custom GApps for LiquidSmooth JB Users.
8/11: Fixed Bad uploads, Backup/Restore really working now. Sorry, names are still 8/10, they were fixed 8/10 but not uploaded till 8/11 1am EST.
8/10: Fixed issues with Native Google Backup/Restore.
8/6: Added Goo.im Mirror thanks to Remicks and Goo.im
8/3: Re-uploaded 8/3 Custom Build, fixed updater-script to remove the PicoTts related folders. This was already set in previous version script but was not working.
8/2: Removed GMail as newer version was released in Play Store 8/18/3: Updated updater-script to remove "/system/app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk" if there, this will help those that are dirty flashing without wiping system when coming from other GApps that included this file.

Further Ranting on Older GApps:
So this all started because I flashed Bugless Beast, Pete included Gapps in his Bugless Beast Rom and one thing I noticed in his Rom that was different then other AOSP based Roms + Seperate GApps was that he did not have GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk included but Calendar was Syncing fine (He used Google built Calendar rather then AOSP built). I then noticed that the version that has been included in all the GApps for AOSP based Roms Since ICS 4.0.4 had been using the GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk but version 4.0.3 of it. I started doing some research and found out why. In Official Google released Roms 4.0.3 and prior they included GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk... Starting with 4.0.4 They consolidated Syncing into 4.0.4 Google Calendar, this is why there has been no update to GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk by Google as it was no longer used in Official Google Roms.

I don't think that whoever maintains making these GApps zips has thought about it this way...why pull a closed source sync adapter thats outdated and include it to make AOSP cal work when you could just pull the new All-in-one cal and overwrite aosp one without needing outdated sync adapter?

Original OP Archived Content:

There are two Zips I put together. The First is an exact structure mirror of the Goo.im (CM Managed) GApps. The Second is my Personal package that I will explain in more detail further down.

Downloads:
Download Folders have both versions and MD5 files
Primary - Goo.im Link provided by - Remicks
(Liquid Users See this Post for more info)
Secondary
MediaFire Link to Folder
Google Drive Link to Folder
Box.net Link to Folder
-LiquidJB-GApps folder is for Liquid ROM only.

1st Package - gapps-jb-20120810-JRO03C-Formula84.zip
The above is the same as 7/26 Goo.im hosted package structure but with newer files, and a few minor changes I felt were a necessity even for the main package...
-Maps.apk and Street.apk were added to System/app because the released GNex Rom had updated versions from Google that are not available on the Play store yet (6.9.2). I have verified that there are no wakelock issues like there was with the leaked 4.1 copy (6.9.1).
-CalendarGoogle.apk and CalendarProvider.apk were added.
-Removed GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk (Version 4.0.3 BTW!!): This was included in prior GApps because the AOSP created Calendar.apk from source does not support Syncing, so the Sync Adapter was needed. Since 4.0.4 Google stopped using the Sync Adapter and Built Syncing directly into CalendarGoogle.apk. This is why there has been no GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk included in official Roms since 4.0.3...Further ranting on this topic in Post #3. (*Now at top of Post #3)

2nd Package (Custom) - gapps-jb-20120810-JRO03C-Formula84-Custom.zip
The above package is a modified version of the 1st. I have removed everything that was not in the Official GNex 4.1.1 Rom from Google.
-PicoTTS - Why is this installed alongside of GoogleTTS? -Pico is the open sourced equivalent, why have both?
-Backup Scripts (addon.d folders) - Personally don't need them as I don't use CM nightlies.
-Optinal Folder (Migrated into main) = Unused face detection files for non GNex phones -noneon folder
Added:
-Books.apk, Currents.apk, Thinkfree.apk (Versions are more current then Play Store versions and were built for 4.1.1 on GNex so why not...If you don't need these but would still like Custom for all the other reasons, just delete them from the zip before you flash or with titanium after you flash.

Here is a SS of the Comparison between the two packages. - LINK

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah I am not sure how there have been so many GApps packages put together and no one thought to grab the latest versions from Official Rom for GNex that was 4.1.1...

#7 ·
#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
I don't see why not, actually a user in the 2nd post said they did. But from the OP at the Top...
"I should note-[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] I have only tested these with installing in the same recovery session as the Rom. Not sure if that matters or not, but I have been doing that since the Nexus S GApps Wallet issues back in the day. Thats how I would recommend this be installed."[/background]

You can dirty flash and not lose data...reboot to recovery wipe System / Cache / Dalvik then install Rom + GApps boot and profit.

#14 ·
Flashed over CNA, seems to be working well. I'm curious, did you base your comparison on the GApps that's currently hosted on Goo.im, (dated 7/26 http://goo.im/gapps) or just one of the random ones floating around in the forums?
Yes, even edited/updated the scripts...Thanks for the feedback
BTW From OP "[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]So I compiled a new zip that has the exact file structure as the 7-26 Goo.im gapps package but used all files from the official 4.1.1 JRO03C release."[/background]

#26 ·
Trying to help keep this top side for a bit.
hopefully all/most roms link to these so the threads will calm down with the "why is *xx* gapp/sync/etc working" posts Lol,
Users can now focus more on ROM issues instead of gapps issues
Very nice!
Completely agree. Definitely a great idea to put these up. This SHOULD keep some of the repeat problems in the threads down, and it's just nice to have the latest/working versions. Thanks OP

#27 ·
Hey man, in that first package, why move maps and street to system/app? Would Google Play do something weird with them in data/app? Try reverting them or something?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus! (AOKP M6 , Leankernel 3.9.0 exp4, 4.0.4 Radios, Inverted Gapps, TWRP 2.2 Recovery)

#34 ·
These are in system/app because that's how they shipped with the ROM and the market versions are older...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

#28 ·
Mod Type:: GApps

Difficulty:: Very Easy

Mod Base:: AOSP

Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Source::
I should note- I have only tested these with installing in the same recovery session as the Rom. Not sure if that matters or not, but I have been doing that since the Nexus S GApps Wallet issues back in the day. Thats how I would recommend this be installed.

Here is a package I personally put together for myself, figured others may want this. I also wanted to get the attention of Rom Devs to stop using outdated GApps.

I noticed in titanium that all of the existing GApps packages floating around all used the leaked 4.1 GApps and not the updated ones from the official 4.1.1 Image from Google. So I compiled a new zip that has the exact file structure as the 7-26 Goo.im gapps package but used all files from the official 4.1.1 JRO03C release.

There are two Zips I put together one is an exact structure mirror of the Goo.im GApps and the second is my Personal package that I will explain in more detail further down.

1st Package - gapps-jb-20120801-JRO03C-Formula84.zip
The above is exact with a few minor changes I felt were a necessity even for the main package...
Maps.apk and Street.apk were added to System/app because the released GNex Rom had updated versions from Google that are not available on the Play store yet (6.9.2). I have verified that there are no wakelock issues like there was with the leaked 4.1 copy (6.9.1).
CalendarGoogle.apk and CalendarProvider.apk are added and removed GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk (4.0.3 BTW!!WTF) this is because the AOSP created Calendar.apk from source does not support Syncing, so the Sync Adapter was needed. Since 4.0.4 Google stopped using the Sync Adapter and Built Syncing directly into CalendarGoogle.apk. This is why there has been no GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk included in official Roms since 4.0.3

2nd Package (Custom) - gapps-jb-20120801-JRO03C-Formula84-Custom.zip
The above package is a modified version of the 1st.
I have removed anything that was not in the Official GNex 4.1.1 Rom from Google.
PicoTTS - WTF is this installed alongside of GoogleTTS? -Pico is the open sourced equivalent why have both
Backup Scripts (addon.d folders) - Personally don't need them as I always wipe system anyway
Unused face detection files for non GNex phones (again this is for GNex only)
noneon - GNex = Neon (again this is for GNex only)
Books.apk, Currents.apk, Thinkfree.apk (Versions are more current then Play Store versions and were built for 4.1.1 on GNex so why not...If you don't need these just delete them from the zip before you flash or with titanium after you flash.

Here is a SS of the Comparison between the two packages. - LINK

Edit: Oh and forgot to say if you found this useful don't forget to grow my internet-peter-meter by hitting "Like" - also some people respond to this topic so it doesn't get buried in the multitude of Rom threads
First off thanks for this..I have two questions..

Does either of these gapps packages have Wallet?

Secondly, under the second package are those the removed apps? or the ones that are included?

#33 ·
Wallet no as the one released in market is newer.

Yes the apps listed are added...they don't have those versions in the play store yet.

#30 ·
Anyone lose the ability to auto sync their google account? I wiped system, flashed latest jellybro, and the first gapps in the OP and then trinity kernel and then wiped cache+dalvik. I have the feeling either the ROM or gapps are missing a system.apk needed for syncing as removing the account and re-adding didn't fix autosync.

I may be out of luck and need to wipe but I'd prefer to exhaust other options, plus I like to know what caused it.

#32 ·
Nope I dirty flashed for the past two weeks between ROMs and been using these on the last round of flashes tested with that ROM. Not sure what that would be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.