This fix works well with Apex and the built-in tethering on that rom
This is a workaround for vz's tether block.
On stock GB I had to use the wifi tether for root users.
The How to guide for d2g rooted gingerbread tethering.
****Radiocom is a very powerful tool, I am not responsibly for your device or how you use it****
Note: I use radiocom on windows xp only, I find it to work perfectly this way
If you are using win 7 it is supposed to work, but my walk through is using radiocom 11.11.7 in XP
The radiocom software is available here: http://dl.dropbox.co...1.7_Install.msi
1. Download and install radiocom
2. Open Radiocom, Now click the upper Left where it says MA> select common, and check MDM 6x00
3. Next under menu settings, goto USB and select PST driver.
4. Plug in phone to pc and put it in PC Mode.
5. Radio Detection in the upper right corner should appear green. (A few drivers might install the first time you plug it in)
6. Now use the arrow buttons on the right side of the screen to scroll over to the P2K4 Tab and select it.
7. *** During the process, the radio icon within radiocom should stay green and the info box should stay green after each stelem if it doesn’t STOP something is wrong ***
8. In the lower left you should no see STELEM/ RDELEM buttons. To the left of it there are a few fields that currently have all 0’s.
Now you need to change a few things. Set the following: *** First SELECT DEC instead of HEX***
*** Makes sure you selected the DEC button *** then make the following changes
Element ID : 8040
Record #: 1
Offset : 0
Once you have these correctly inputted into the corresponding fields proceed to step 8.
9. Press the RDELEM button, this should cause the info box in the upper right to turn GREEN and populate information.
10. Below the RDELEM button the Data (HEX Only) field should now have a 128byte string, highlight the entire string and right click and copy the string.
11. Now change The Element ID to 8041 and hit STELEM.
12. Change the Element id to 8091 and hit STELEM.
13. Reboot your phone
14. install wifi tether for root users version 3 beta 6 and configure it, I have my device profile set to droid X and enabled the routing fix option, now it works well.
Wifi tether link>> http://code.google.c...a6.apk&can=2&q=
Edited by audinutt, 06 November 2011 - 01:40 PM.