Android OS Forum banner

[LINUX] Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit v1.0 (Unlock, Lock, Root, CWM, Factory Reset)

10K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  tatelucas 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit v1.0

Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit is a bash script based program that offers an easy way
to do all you need to do before flashing a custom ROM on your Nexus device.

It works with:

1. Nexus S (worldwide version, i9020t and i9023) [crespo]
2. Nexus S (850MHz version, i9020a) [crespo]
3. Nexus S (Korea version, m200) [crespo]
4. Nexus S 4G (d720) [crespo4g]
5. Galaxy Nexus (GSM) [maguro]
6. Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) [toro]
7. Galaxy Nexus (Sprint) [toroplus]
8. Nexus 7 [grouper]

With this toolkit you will be able to:

- Unlock the bootloader.
- Flash CWM recovery (Standard or Touch).
- Root the phone.
- Lock the bootloader.
- Flash Google Factory Image. (Not available for Sprint Galaxy Nexus)

DOWNLOAD THE TOOLKITHERE

Galaxy Nexus Linux Toolkit is Open Source! See the CODE

HOW TO EXECUTE:
Please extract the .tgz in the place you want, for example in /home/user
Open a terminal and type the following:
>user@linux: cd "THE PATH WHERE IS THE unlt.sh FILE"
>user@linux: sudo bash ./unlt.sh
If you extract it in /home/user/unlt, the path to the .sh must be /home/user/unlt
so you have to type:
>user@linux: cd /home/user/unlt
>user@linux: sudo bash ./unlt.sh

Note: If you're running on a 64 bits OS, please install 32 bits libraries.
Here are some SCREENSHOTS:

I hope you will find it useful!

P.S. Sorry for my English. I'm from Argentina!

See less See more
#11 ·
Because here Google explains that for installing the sdk you must install the 32 bit libraries if you're running a 64 bit OS. The fact is that I don't know if that's for the build environment only or also applies to the adb and fastboot tools that I used in the script.

10 seconds later...

I just read it and that's applies only for installing java and eclipse. hahaha! Question solved!! LOL

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is a great tool. The problem I had with it was flashing CWM with 4.0.4 it always flashes stock recovery on reboot. Since it makes it reboot it didn't work. What i had to do was open the .sh file in Gedit, find where it was talking about flashing CWM and change it from reboot android to restart bootloader, you get an error message but it works, that was the only way i was able to root my Verizon Nexus. I will make a blog post about it soon and have an edited version of the file

#17 ·
I was looking at the code and it's ok. I restart into android only if Auto Mode is selected, so the people who choose this option doesn't have to restart manually into android. If Manual Mode is selected it continues in Bootloader. I don't know why you cannot get it work like it was originally. :S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.