Rate this Topic

17 votes

[TUTORIAL] Building AOKP [Ubuntu 12.04+]

• Please log in to reply

dolfancole

dolfancole

• 12 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:14 AM #21

Thanks for this. I was able to build successfully. I did have to install the schedtool, and I also had to run "repo sync -f" as the sync failed on my initial run. I had read in another thread that adding the "-f" flag helped some people have it sync without failure. I haven't tested what I built yet though.
  • 0 Likes

xchor

xchor

Average Android

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:25 AM #22

Built toro and tested! Working great! If you could ProTekk, would you add the gapps to the OP, I already had some downloaded but I bet it would help some people.
  • 0 Likes

codesplice

codesplice

Good at breaking things

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:53 AM #23

Interesting. This morning's build finally completed (slow slow slow laptop...), and it does seem to have the audio_policy.conf file included. The only thing I did different (other than resyncing my repos this morning) was using brunch to build rather than lunch + make. Well, I'm pleased to have that sorted out.
  • 0 Likes

binger

binger

• 71 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:57 AM #24

question about the required packages:

in the OP it says to get these:
sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 openjdk-6-jdk tofrodos python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386

and then:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so

on the ICS tutorial it says to get these:
sudo apt-get install curl git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib

So should I redo the packages using the listed jb packages? Will they just update whatever needs it? Also still on 11.10, so am guessing I can go ahead and let ubuntu update to 12.04 before doing this? Thanks.
  • 0 Likes

binger

binger

• 71 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:46 PM #25

I haven't had good results trying to manually repackage the zip (what method were you using?). I've been able to manually pull the audio_policy.conf file from ~/aokp_jb/device/samsung/tuna/audio; I then adb push it to /system/etc after flashing the ROM. That works for me (so far).

Thanks for this, my toro build was missing this too. Found it in the build folder and copied it over. Working great.
  • 0 Likes

codesplice

codesplice

Good at breaking things

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:52 PM #26

Thanks for this, my toro build was missing this too. Found it in the build folder and copied it over. Working great.

Glad to help. I'm having a blast learning a bit more about this stuff :)

Were you building it with brunch as described in the OP? I think that's the only thing I did differently this time and the audio_policy.conf worked correctly.

And to your earlier questions:

question about the required packages:

in the OP it says to get these:
sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 openjdk-6-jdk tofrodos python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386

and then:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so

on the ICS tutorial it says to get these:
sudo apt-get install curl git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib

So should I redo the packages using the listed jb packages? Will they just update whatever needs it? Also still on 11.10, so am guessing I can go ahead and let ubuntu update to 12.04 before doing this? Thanks.

Since this tutorial was written with 12.04 in mind, I'd probably go on and upgrade to that and install the listed packages.

Edited by codesplice, 27 July 2012 - 12:55 PM.

• 0 Likes

Andrew

Andrew

Android Apprentice

• 81 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:55 PM #27

Anyone figured out how to get set up on Mountain Lion OSX? I know (sorta) how to set up AOSP but I'm hearing that building isn't working correctly yet?

Anyone with any thoughts?
  • 0 Likes

themetatron

themetatron

Android Beginner

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:32 PM #28

i'm trying to get this setup on AMD machine, the i386 stuff just fails for me. any pointers to find comparable AMD sources?
  • 0 Likes
Maguro

hellsbells

hellsbells

Android Apprentice

• 205 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:58 PM #29

Glad to help. I'm having a blast learning a bit more about this stuff :)

Were you building it with brunch as described in the OP? I think that's the only thing I did differently this time and the audio_policy.conf worked correctly.

And to your earlier questions:

Since this tutorial was written with 12.04 in mind, I'd probably go on and upgrade to that and install the listed packages.

I was using brunch. Not sure why it's not included in the zip but I now have it on the gnex's "sdcard" so it's easy enough to copy into system/etc if I need it again.
  • 0 Likes

elijahblake

elijahblake

Android Beginner

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:15 PM #30

so I want to build for maguro.. can i get the different cmd lines please??? thanx
  • 0 Likes