[TUTORIAL] Building AOKP [Ubuntu 12.04+]

• Please log in to reply

codesplice

codesplice

Good at breaking things

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:04 AM #11

For me, I ran

sudo apt-get install schedtool
instead of schedutil running 12.04 if it makes a difference.

Me too. I wonder if schedtool is a piece of schedutil perhaps? *shrug* Just installing schedtool was enough to make brunch seem happy.

I was at least able to locate schedtool on https://launchpad.ne...ckage/schedtool; couldn't find any results for schedutil. *shrug*

Edited by codesplice, 27 July 2012 - 07:11 AM.

• 0 Likes

xchor

xchor

Average Android

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:18 AM #12

Me too. I wonder if schedtool is a piece of schedutil perhaps? *shrug* Just installing schedtool was enough to make brunch seem happy.

I was at least able to locate schedtool on https://launchpad.ne...ckage/schedtool; couldn't find any results for schedutil. *shrug*

It could be just the install candidate on ubuntu, maybe a forked and updated package or something. It was suggested by the buildscript and seems like it does pacify it. Toro is building right now so I'll check out the audio.conf bug and report on that when it finishes.
  • 1 Likes

Dedalus

Dedalus

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:19 AM #13

Thanks a lot for this guide! I've managed to build my very 1st bleeding edge AOKP rom for maguro!

Now two little questions:
- How do I actually make cherry-picks? I've seen some guides, but I'm a little confused that when I make a cherry-pick, the next time I won't have a clean code when I do the "repo sync".
- And is it possible to change the build info before I compile the actual ROM?

Thanks a lot again!
  • 0 Likes

codesplice

codesplice

Good at breaking things

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:27 AM #14

Thanks a lot for this guide! I've managed to build my very 1st bleeding edge AOKP rom for maguro!

Now two little questions:
- How do I actually make cherry-picks? I've seen some guides, but I'm a little confused that when I make a cherry-pick, the next time I won't have a clean code when I do the "repo sync".

I found a good rough guide on cherry-picking over here.

Essentially,
  • Hit up http://gerrit.sudose...status:open,n,z and find the commit you want. I'm a fan of I36f11787, "Use prebuilt su and supersu.apk"
  • Scroll down to the last patch and click the cherry-pick tab next to Download. Click the clipboard button at the far right to copy that command.
  • Scroll back up and look what Project the commit is under - in this case, AOKP/vendor_aokp.
  • Navigate (in terminal) to that part of your source tree - in my case, ~/aokp_jb/vendor/aokp.
  • Paste the command and hit Enter.
  • Your cherry has been picked! Build that shit!
Each time you repo sync, (I believe) your source tree gets restructured to mirror the merged commits - your cherry-picks will go away, so you have to re-pick each cherry anytime you resync. I think.

- And is it possible to change the build info before I compile the actual ROM?

Thanks a lot again!

I'm also curious on this. I'm sure it's possible, just haven't found the file(s) that need changing.

Edited by codesplice, 02 August 2012 - 06:03 AM.

• 6 Likes

Dedalus

Dedalus

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:34 AM #15

Thanks a lot codesplice!

That's great info! But the next time that I use "repo sync" my cherry-picks will be lost? (that's what I'm hoping for, since I dunno nothing about coding and I'm unable to find where that cherry went). Bottom line is, are the cherry-picks deleted everytime I do a sync.
Sorry for that, I guess we were writing at the same time

And I read about the audio bug when building, I had the same problem here with maguro. I just need to manually copy the file and it's done? How did you find the missing file? You know the whole tree by head? I read about people using qgit to visually manage branches and missing files but I couldn't make it work :)

I'm deeply sorry about all those questions, but one little more :P. After I've built the ROM, I've extracted the zip, edited the build.prop and repacked the zip, then my ROM was unflashable, is this commom?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Dedalus, 27 July 2012 - 07:36 AM.

• 0 Likes

codesplice

codesplice

Good at breaking things

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:39 AM #16

Thanks a lot codesplice!

That's great info! But the next time that I use "repo sync" my cherry-picks will be lost? (that's what I'm hoping for, since I dunno nothing about coding and I'm unable to find where that cherry went). Bottom line is, are the cherry-picks deleted everytime I do a sync.
Sorry for that, I guess we were writing at the same time

And I read about the audio bug when building, I had the same problem here with maguro. I just need to manually copy the file and it's done? How did you find the missing file? You know the whole tree by head? I read about people using qgit to visually manage branches and missing files but I couldn't make it work :)

I'm deeply sorry about all those questions, but one little more :P. After I've built the ROM, I've extracted the zip, edited the build.prop and repacked the zip, then my ROM was unflashable, is this commom?

Thanks a lot!

I haven't had good results trying to manually repackage the zip (what method were you using?). I've been able to manually pull the audio_policy.conf file from ~/aokp_jb/device/samsung/tuna/audio; I then adb push it to /system/etc after flashing the ROM. That works for me (so far).
  • 3 Likes

OP ProTekk

ProTekk

Developer

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:41 AM #17

For me, I ran

sudo apt-get install schedtool
instead of schedutil running 12.04 if it makes a difference.

pngcrush is needed for optimizations that are done with brunch at the end of the compile.

Also, schedtool is the correct package, will update.

Edited by ProTekk, 27 July 2012 - 07:41 AM.

• 3 Likes
HTC DROID Incredible - Retired
HTC Thunderbolt - Retired
HTC DROID Incredible 2 - Retired
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Daily Driver
HP TouchPad 32 GB
http://www.twitter.com/ProTekkFZS

Dedalus

Dedalus

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:44 AM #18

@codesplice

Oh i'll try to use the adb push command then, I was using winrar (yup you can laugh :)). Thanks a lot for your help, I'll look around and see if I can find how to change the build info before compiling the ROM, I'll reply back if I find anything.

Thanks!

Edited by Dedalus, 27 July 2012 - 07:45 AM.

• 1 Likes

xchor

xchor

Average Android

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:52 AM #19

pngcrush is needed for optimizations that are done with brunch at the end of the compile.

Also, schedtool is the correct package, will update.

glad I saw your previous post before I started building then! Thanks for the guide and the help!
  • 0 Likes

PieR

PieR

AOKP

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:23 AM #20

Thanks ProTekk :)
  • 0 Likes
:: AOKP i9100/G device maintainer
:: Follow me on Twitter @XniX and on Google+ gplus.to/pierpaolo