Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Want to switch 4G phones

• Please log in to reply

OP Prelude00

Prelude00

• 32 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:42 AM #1

So, right now I have an HTC Thunderbolt, and I want to switch it with a refurbished Galaxy Nexus I bought on eBay. Will I be able to get my Galaxy Nexus activated even if I didn't get it directly from Verizon, and will they give me a new 4G SIM card? This is my first time switching 4G phones so I am confused about how this works.

Sent from my ADR6400L using RootzWiki

Edited by Prelude00, 22 July 2012 - 11:43 AM.

• 0 Likes

blaineevans

blaineevans

su

• 2,292 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:40 PM #2

So, right now I have an HTC Thunderbolt, and I want to switch it with a refurbished Galaxy Nexus I bought on eBay. Will I be able to get my Galaxy Nexus activated even if I didn't get it directly from Verizon, and will they give me a new 4G SIM card? This is my first time switching 4G phones so I am confused about how this works.

Yes, and yes. But I believe you can just pull the sim out of your TB, slap it in the GN and be done with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

jellybellys

jellybellys

Android Guru

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:02 PM #3

The tbolt and gnex have different sim sizes. Just call verizon and they can send you a 4g sim for the gnex for free. Plus they send it fedex overnight too :) Once you get the sim, go on to the my verizon website, click on activate phone, enter the phone's IMEI number, then the sim number and your good to go.
  • 0 Likes

OP Prelude00

Prelude00

• 32 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:39 PM #4

Thank you both for clearing that up. Can't wait to get rid of my TBolt lol.

• 0 Likes

potatoboy

potatoboy

Android Beginner

• 158 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:55 PM #5

They may not send it overnight. depends on who is helping you. Easiest thing to do is to go to a Verizon Wireless direct store (not an authorized reseller) they will be able to give you a micro sim for free too.
  • 0 Likes

droidxethan

droidxethan

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:20 PM #6

the corporate stores will make you pay for it. and i know my store used to give them for free. (i still do) but they are 10 dollars now. we are an indirect agent
  • 0 Likes

potatoboy

potatoboy

Android Beginner

• 158 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:58 PM #7

Corporate stores cannot make you pay for it. Both sim sizes are zero priced items in the POS system.
  • 0 Likes

droidxethan

droidxethan

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:29 AM #8

they charge at the store near me though if you didn't get the phone from there and just want a sim. its kinda silly
  • 0 Likes

OP Prelude00

Prelude00

• 32 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:17 PM #9

One more question, I'm still in the middle of my contract with my Thunderbolt and I have unlimited data, if I switch phones, will I still have unlimited data?

• 0 Likes

landshark

landshark

Smartass in Chief

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:46 PM #10

One more question, I'm still in the middle of my contract with my Thunderbolt and I have unlimited data, if I switch phones, will I still have unlimited data?

You will keep your unlimited data if you bought the phone elsewhere (Rootz classifieds, swappa, ebay, craigslist) and are just activating it on your line, or if you bought the phone at full retail price from Verizon. Those are the two ways you can currently keep your unlimited data. If you buy a phone at the 2 year contract subsidized price through Verizon, you will lose your unlimited data.
  • 0 Likes
Sometimes you go to the circus..........sometimes the circus comes to you

Please read the RULES before posting.