Android OS Forum banner

[ALPHA][ROM][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for Samsung Fascinate - Updated 08/19

223K views 796 replies 186 participants last post by  jfon0604 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h><br />
		/*<br />
		* Your warranty is now void.<br />
		*<br />
		* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,<br />
		* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please<br />
		* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM<br />
		* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if<br />
		* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.<br />
		*/
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are unofficial builds? Builds not compiled by the CM buildbot and may contain code outside of the repository. In this thread (and only in this thread), unofficial builds are compiled by jt1134, the CM maintainer for Samsung Fascinate. This version isn't officially supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss them here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Downloads
ROM (20120721): http://enderszone.co...ascinatemtd.zip (MD5: 95f93a5048cea1c0919f54687c73d07c)
Google Apps (20120719): http://www.mediafire...fk9wbrsdz6afpc2 (MD5: dd7993ddee8796366fef93f02a0b1701)

ROM(20120725): http://enderszone.co...ascinatemtd.zip
CHANGES:
fixed GPS
fixed Galaxy S Settings
added 1.2Ghz OC

ROM(20120729): http://enderszone.co...ascinatemtd.zip (MD5: b243c8c6a92c14c8f2b51d0f7cf41016)
CHANGES:
upstream merges from CM (theme chooser, etc)
added toggles for car dock and desk dock audio to Galaxy S Settings
added electric bill's touchkey filter hack to kernel to filter out bogus (phantom) key-presses
moved dalvik-cache to cache partition
enabled repeatable keys in cwm (hold volume buttons to scroll)
fixed 3G data usage statistics

ROM(20120805): http://enderszone.co...ascinatemtd.zip (MD5: e0abb979dc953f78cdb80688b8fecff6)
CHANGES:
upstream merges from CM (including fix for disappearing sdcard media, ringtones/pictures/etc)
removed buggy 1.2GHz OC code
removed tvout settings from Advanced Settings
fixed 3 button recovery
fixed Storage Settings FC

ROM(20120819): http://enderszone.co...ascinatemtd.zip (MD5: 0148b599c36d4383e51f77722a1d0ef5)
CHANGES:
upstream merges from CM
fixed issues with radio dying or going into airplane mode
fixes to improve smoothness of bootanimation
fixes for compass
added option to dismiss VM indicators (dialer -> settings -> Voicemail -> Message Waiting Indicator; disabled by default)
changed partition layout around to move system to eMMC and move data to OneNAND (greatly improves performance)

NOTE: This update will wipe your device, and previous nandroid backups will no longer be usable due to the changes in the partition layout. Data partition has been reduced to ~468MB. If you find yourself running low on space, move apps to your sdcard. This is a much better solution than the "datadata" partition trick, and NO I will not be reversing or reconsidering this change. Quit installing so many damn apps if you don't like it

Installation

- First time flashing CM10 to your Fascinate (or coming from another ROM)?
  1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
  2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
  3. Do a Nandroid backup!
  4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  6. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from CM7/CM9?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  4. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from another CM10 Build?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  3. Optionally install the Google Addon
Note: Nandroids of CM7, CM9 and CM10 are incompatible due to partition layout changes. Please be on the correct version before restoring Nandroids.

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs in this thread only. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

Please check the thread before listing new issues.
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
<br />
		What is your--<br />
		Phone model:<br />
		Radio (baseband):<br />
		CM version:<br />
		CM Download url:<br />
		Gapps version:<br />
		<br />
		Did you--<br />
		wipe:<br />
		restore with titanium backup:<br />
		reboot after having the issue:<br />
		<br />
		Are you using--<br />
		a task killer:<br />
		a non-stock kernel:<br />
		CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):<br />
		other modifications:<br />
		<br />
		Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:<br />
IRC
Join us on #teamhacksung-support (user channel) or #teamhacksung (developer channel)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

See less See more
#11 ·
buttery smooth
totally stock
sms, works great send and receive , havent tried mms , wifi workd , data works ,

clock am/pm stuff doesnt work

galaxy s settings force close

rest later , currently busy in wirelessly thanking JT :)
god bless mate , its so great to have the latest on our oldy fassies

what say you guyz :) ?

#146 ·
AM/PM is set to None by Default, to turn it back on go to Settings/System/Status Bar and select AM/PM style to turn it back on.

As far as how it's running for me, simply amazing for an Alpha release. Honestly don't really use GPS that much so it's a Daily Driver for me right out the gate. Albeit I've just ran it for about 6 hours now and haven't re-installed many of my apps but a few, everything is great. Going to continue testing and start re-installing apps to see if I run into anything but as of right now everything that people have been posting about as bugs I haven't encountered (Play Store problems, Ringtone problems, etc.) I'll be sure to edit back with any problems that may occur.

#12 ·
I say thank you good sir for making it that much easier to hold off on upgrading til Cspire gets their act together and releases the GS3 :) Much love to all the devs involved and jt for once again putting his foot in the mouth of carriers who refuse to give us the latest/greatest!! :D Gonna tweak this for my Showcase and enjoy all its sugary goodness!! *licks his chops*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.