1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

2 votes

[TUTORIAL] How to root your VZW Galaxy S III & More! (ROMs/CWM/Stock)

• Please log in to reply

Goose306

Goose306

Goosie Pizzle

• 2,581 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:21 PM #51

will theses root methods still work the vzw OTA update

I would check the OTA thread I posted.

Long story short - yes debugfs works just fine. Same with the same methods to unlock the bootloader, etc.
  • 0 Likes

johnminator2468

johnminator2468

Imma Flash Attic

• 119 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:26 PM #52

I would check the OTA thread I posted.

Long story short - yes debugfs works just fine. Same with the same methods to unlock the bootloader, etc.

Thanks!

Edited by johnminator2468, 15 September 2012 - 05:26 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP droidstyle

droidstyle

Super User

• 452 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:08 PM #53

guide updated!!
  • 0 Likes

Quattro

Quattro

• 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:06 PM #54

yep just flash stock bloat, then wipe data/factory reset in stock recovery.

Just to be completely clear on this, when you say flash, you do mean in Odin right?
  • 0 Likes

OP droidstyle

droidstyle

Super User

• 452 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:25 PM #55

Just to be completely clear on this, when you say flash, you do mean in Odin right?

yup
  • 0 Likes

Quattro

Quattro

• 19 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:55 PM #56

droidstyle, have you heard of NFC being broken in the latest CM10 build (10.0.0 - stable)?

Since CM10 has went stable, I thought I'd go back to it and ditch TW. I followed your guide on XDA to the 't', and everything worked perfectly. I then went to Section 7 and followed the link to "[GUIDE]Google Wallet - Everything you need to know before you flash or root"k I did a nandroid backup, and edited the build prop file. I then flashed the Wallet apk, rebooted the device, went through the "android is updating" process, opened Wallet, signed in, and then got an error message. The message said that my NFC needed to be turned on. I clicked the settings button, the option was available, I clicked it, and then the option grayed out. I went back to Wallet, but it kept giving me the NFC is turned off message. I rebooted the phone several times, and it kept doing the same thing. The option was available until selected, then grayed out and did nothing when selected. After getting frustrated, I went to reflash CM10 and start clean, now the option is gray out without the ability to even select it once (like before).

I've been searching around on Google to find a fix, but haven't located anything yet. Do you have any suggestions or have heard of this? Btw, I tried to post on XDA, but it wouldn't let me due to only having 2 post. Your help is great appreciated.
  • 0 Likes