3. 0/5

Dualboot

• Please log in to reply

OP rift999

rift999

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:28 PM #1

Does anyone know how or have interest in figuring out how to dual boot another OS. I would like to have another linux distro but keep android too. If someone knows how I would be willing to help however I can however it would probably be limited to testing as I have little experience in these matters.
  • 0 Likes

craigacgomez

craigacgomez

Android & Linux FTW!!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:57 PM #2

lilstevie & the AndroidRoot team are working on a dual boot option for Android-Ubuntu... check out the Ubuntu thread on XDA

Edited by craigacgomez, 20 July 2012 - 03:57 PM.

• 0 Likes

Type_2

Type_2

• 17 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:19 PM #3

I'm interested to know if the transformer prime can run windows RT. I'm intrigued by windows RT and would love to play with it without buying a new tablet. Any thoughts?
  • 0 Likes

craigacgomez

craigacgomez

Android & Linux FTW!!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:41 PM #4

I'm interested to know if the transformer prime can run windows RT. I'm intrigued by windows RT and would love to play with it without buying a new tablet. Any thoughts?

This will not happen... Windows RT requires a specially signed "Microsoft-approved" bootloader to run...
  • 0 Likes

Type_2

Type_2

• 17 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:12 PM #5

This will not happen... Windows RT requires a specially signed "Microsoft-approved" bootloader to run...

Ahhh damn. Thanks for the input. I just wanted to play with windows RT and see what all the fuss is about.
  • 0 Likes

ddarvish

ddarvish

Android Apprentice

• 120 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:03 PM #6

never say never. if osx can run on standard PC hardware or the apple hardware can be emulated in a virutal machine then similar methods could be used to get windows rt to work here.. its just unlikely that someone with the knowledge can figure it all out before all of us have moved on to better tablets/
  • 0 Likes

andrewjt19

andrewjt19

Android Freak!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:35 PM #7

There are threads about this, you can find ways to boot Ubuntu on the prime. Other than that I'm not too sure about.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
Andrewjt19
"Rule Your Phone" not just the air. :D
Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note II, Asus Transformer Prime
Retired Devices: Droid X, HTC Incredible, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus (still in operation by my wife:cool:)...
Check out my website: http://www.ProjectIn...on.Blogspot.com