- - - - -

Is the 8 gig Nexus 7 enough?

• Please log in to reply

dadsterflip

dadsterflip

Android Lover

• 919 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:06 PM #21

Only issue with that is finding a way to split it to 2 ports so you can still charge it. Would be easier to try to jumper it internally and leave the micro SD card inside. Stealth mode. I'm tempted to do this now.

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before one gets tired!

Wouldn't you need to install a driver or something to make the os read it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Kpa2727

Kpa2727

Android Apprentice

• 121 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:20 PM #22

Wouldn't you need to install a driver or something to make the os read it?

Stick Mount App mounts Otg This would be just like that but internal.
  • 0 Likes

dadsterflip

dadsterflip

Android Lover

• 919 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:43 PM #23

Stick Mount App mounts Otg This would be just like that but internal.

Ohhhhhhhhhh man I might have to do this lol. Just hoping I get a good one first before I mess with it.

• 0 Likes

droidrage729

droidrage729

Android Apprentice

• 644 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:11 AM #24

im ordering the otg cable but i have a question. will games like gta 3 and nova work if you move the sd card data to say a usb stick? and just pop it in and occnect it via the cable? so when its not connected it takes up no space on the n7.
  • 0 Likes

Kpa2727

Kpa2727

Android Apprentice

• 121 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:53 AM #25

im ordering the otg cable but i have a question. will games like gta 3 and nova work if you move the sd card data to say a usb stick? and just pop it in and occnect it via the cable? so when its not connected it takes up no space on the n7.

I have not played with Stick Mount yet. But I know storage very well. Everything should work as if you had a sd card With the excetion of nandroids because Sick mount is a In OS based option not a Clock work Recovery option.

I already ordered a otg i should have it soon for more testing before i break out the soldering iron just yet.

Edited by Kpa2727, 23 July 2012 - 11:54 AM.

• 1 Likes

randpost

randpost

• 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:23 PM #26

I purchased a 3 pack of OTG cables since I have tons of micro SD cards laying around and multiple places I would like to have these cables laying around. Runs perfectly and is as convenient as a thumb drive for a laptop. I have a 32gb card filled with movies(720p files play perfectly through otg). One 32gb filled with TV shows and a 64gb filled with side load apks, and ROMs. Psx, n64, etc. Micro sd cards are small and easy to carry.

I have 15 games installed plus all my apps. Have 2gb of internal storage left. I'm glad I didn't wait for the 16gb nexus.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 0 Likes

Posted Image

Kpa2727

Kpa2727

Android Apprentice

• 121 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:56 PM #27

Damn that's some SD, I have about 10 Micro Sd cards too, I see your watching Property Wars?
  • 0 Likes

randpost

randpost

• 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:36 PM #28

Yes I watch the show. I live in the valley and find the shows proximity to me interesting. plus the show is interesting in itself.

Edited by randpost, 23 July 2012 - 01:36 PM.

• 0 Likes

Posted Image

frenetic

frenetic

Android Lover

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:35 PM #29

8GB is not enough. Waiting for OTG cable.
  • 1 Likes

droidrage729

droidrage729

Android Apprentice

• 644 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:27 PM #30

I have not played with Stick Mount yet. But I know storage very well. Everything should work as if you had a sd card With the excetion of nandroids because Sick mount is a In OS based option not a Clock work Recovery option.

I already ordered a otg i should have it soon for more testing before i break out the soldering iron just yet.

just so I'm clear an SD card will definitely work however a USB stick will possibly work?sorry for stupid questions I just have no idea in this field was never nessecary.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes