Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[HELP] FORMATED SD CARD HOW DO I GET A ROM ON TO MY GNEX SO I CAN BOOT IT

• Please log in to reply

OP williamsss

williamsss

• 46 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:37 PM #1

I was flashing a rom and I was wiping I wiped the data the cashe the davlik and i was gonna do the system but i hit the sd card thinking it was the system and formated it so now i have no roms to flash and no nandorids and i have a boot loop and i cant mount it to the pc so how do i move a zip file to the sd card using adb?????
  • 0 Likes
Phone: Galaxy Nexus VZW
Rom: TR4NSCENDED v3.5 JELLYBEAN
Kernel: Trinity a28

mentose457

mentose457

Typical Interwebz Troll

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:45 PM #2

Place the ROM in platform tools folder where adb.exe is. Then CD to that folder. Type adb push .zip /sdcard/ . It will probably take 2-3 minutes and there will be no indicator of the progress it is making. Once that is done flash it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

OP williamsss

williamsss

• 46 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:14 PM #3

It cant find the device. what screen should my phone be in it can be on the recovery (CWR 6 touch) Oien or bootloader

in bootloader it says android 1.0 in the device manger in recovery it says FULL and in oien it says Samsung usb cvb.......

Alright i installed the right drives and can adb/fastboot stuff on to the phone now how to i go about getting the stock back on it

Edited by williamsss, 18 July 2012 - 10:51 PM.

• 0 Likes
Phone: Galaxy Nexus VZW
Rom: TR4NSCENDED v3.5 JELLYBEAN
Kernel: Trinity a28

kxs783kms

kxs783kms

Android Beginner

• 104 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:28 AM #4

It cant find the device. what screen should my phone be in it can be on the recovery (CWR 6 touch) Oien or bootloader

in bootloader it says android 1.0 in the device manger in recovery it says FULL and in oien it says Samsung usb cvb.......

Alright i installed the right drives and can adb/fastboot stuff on to the phone now how to i go about getting the stock back on it

Go and download the GNex 7.4 Toolkit (Google it and it should pop up) . Install the drivers and you can flash a factory image through fastboot from there. It can backup everything on your sdcard and system to your computer. It also pushes apks, .imgs and other things to your system for you. Its a great tool to have.

Edited by kxs783kms, 19 July 2012 - 03:35 AM.

• 1 Likes

legacystar

legacystar

Android Beginner

• 350 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:18 AM #5

No need to go back to stock just download the ROM to your computer and adb push it to the sdcard and then install it
  • 0 Likes
Current: Galaxy s4 vzw, Nexus 7
Past: Galaxy s3,galaxy nexus ,Xoom ,droid Razr,Thunderbolt
droid x
droid
Lg Voyager

blaineevans

blaineevans

su

• 2,292 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:22 AM #6

You need to be in recovery.
  • 0 Likes

quezpr123

quezpr123

• 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:28 AM #7

I had the same problem used this toolkit to get back....it's full of layman instructions http://www.wugfresh....s-root-toolkit/
  • 0 Likes