Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Defective Nexus 7

• Please log in to reply

OP iPois0n

iPois0n

Crack Flasher

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:44 PM #1

So I pre-ordered on June 27th about 4 hours after the Nexus 7 was announced. I got my shipping notification on Friday July 13th. My Nexus 7 was delivered today at my apartment July 17th. There was no damage to the box or the device when I opened it. But when I tried to turn it on the battery was completely dead. So I plugged it in with the Asus charger and cord that came with it. When I booted it up this is what the screen looked like. To me it seems like the glue did not fully cure from the screen to the glass or the glass is raised. I'm getting what looks to be burn through (or ghosting) as well as black blotches on all four corners. As well as screen washout. Now I tried updating to 4.1.1 which I did with no eval. I also tried adjusting the brightness and it seems to help sometimes. But if I turn the device off or on or even just lock it then it will come back.

For some reason or another the screen looked good for about a 15 minute period. Then it started all this over again.

I'm really upset with Asus and Google right now for more then a few reasons. There's nothing like getting a brand new electronic just so you can call the warranty center 5 minutes later. To me it seems like the device charges rather slowly as well. For $285 I bought a 16GB Nexus 7 with a defective screen!
IMG_4072.jpg IMG_4067.jpg IMG_4068.jpg IMG_4069.jpg
Sincerely,
A very pissed off customer

Edited by iPois0n, 18 July 2012 - 10:14 PM.

• 0 Likes
Phone: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 16GB

OP iPois0n

iPois0n

Crack Flasher

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:44 PM #2

More pictures
IMG_4071.jpg IMG_4070.jpg

Edited by iPois0n, 17 July 2012 - 04:46 PM.

• 0 Likes

dadsterflip

dadsterflip

Android Lover

• 919 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:48 PM #3

That sucks.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Mustang302LX

Mustang302LX

Android Guru

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:57 PM #4

Not making excuses for them but remember this is still new for Google (not ASUS). Also it happens with mass production of electronics. I know people who had similar issues with i*hones as well.
  • 0 Likes

ROM_Ulan

ROM_Ulan

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:06 PM #5

So I pre-ordered on June 27th about 4 hours after the Nexus 7 was announced. I got my shipping notification on Friday July 13th. My Nexus 7 was delivered today at my apartment July 17th. There was no damage to the box or the device when I opened it. But when I tried to turn it on the battery was completely dead. So I plugged it in with the Asus charger and cord that came with it. When I booted it up this is what the screen looked like. To me it seems like the glue did not fully cure from the screen to the glass. I'm getting what looks to be burn through as well as black blotches on all four corners. As well as an overabundance of white balance. Now I tried updating to 4.1.1 which I did with no eval. I also tried adjusting the brightness and it seems to help sometimes. But if I turn the device off or on or even just lock it then it will come back. I'm really upset with Asus and Google right now for more then a few reasons. There's nothing like getting a brand new electronic just so you can call the warranty center 5 minutes later. To me it seems like the device charges rather slowly as well. For $285 I bought a 16GB Nexus 7 with a defective screen!
IMG_4072.jpg IMG_4067.jpg IMG_4068.jpg IMG_4069.jpg
Sincerely,
A very pissed off customer

That is just awful. I feel for you. Have you called Google about it yet?
  • 0 Likes

OP iPois0n

iPois0n

Crack Flasher

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:38 PM #6

That is just awful. I feel for you. Have you called Google about it yet?

I tried calling Google but the phone lines are ridiculously busy. I contacted Asus though and I have to pay to ship it back and will likely take 2 weeks before they 1)fix it or 2) send me a new one. I understand that this is a first tablet for Google and I too have seen this happen to iPads but it's still depressing knowing I could have bought this in store and just gotten a replacement in a matter of minutes.
  • 0 Likes

shojus

shojus

NEXUS = ANDROID! ;)

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:51 PM #7

I tried calling Google but the phone lines are ridiculously busy. I contacted Asus though and I have to pay to ship it back and will likely take 2 weeks before they 1)fix it or 2) send me a new one. I understand that this is a first tablet for Google and I too have seen this happen to iPads but it's still depressing knowing I could have bought this in store and just gotten a replacement in a matter of minutes.

oh shit man!! I was wondering if you got it or not.... Know I see this! That SUCKS bro! My first Nexus 7 had a bad screen on the left side where the glue looks like it did not cure and my hand presses would make that side of the screen make the creen easy to break as I have already seen reported... I FORTUNATELY on a whim, bought it at Sam's Club locally and I called them immediately and they set the LAST one aside so I think this is a known problem from what I have been reading... But when you do get your device and it is BUTTERY smooth and all set up on a custom rom (maybe) you will not regret the money you invested! Best of luck my friend!
  • 0 Likes
Can't stop FLASHING!! :P

OP iPois0n

iPois0n

Crack Flasher

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:01 PM #8

oh shit man!! I was wondering if you got it or not.... Know I see this! That SUCKS bro! My first Nexus 7 had a bad screen on the left side where the glue looks like it did not cure and my hand presses would make that side of the screen make the creen easy to break as I have already seen reported... I FORTUNATELY on a whim, bought it at Sam's Club locally and I called them immediately and they set the LAST one aside so I think this is a known problem from what I have been reading... But when you do get your device and it is BUTTERY smooth and all set up on a custom rom (maybe) you will not regret the money you invested! Best of luck my friend!

Yeah I'm not happy right now.
  • 0 Likes

shojus

shojus

NEXUS = ANDROID! ;)

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:07 PM #9

I might be able to get you one from either Staples, Office depot or Sam's Club and you could just return that POS and I would send you the receipt and everything ( of course you would have to pay for the device and probably $10.00 shipping but just thinking of ideas to help you out if possible...
  • 0 Likes
Can't stop FLASHING!! :P

OP iPois0n

iPois0n

Crack Flasher

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:09 PM #10

I might be able to get you one from either Staples, Office depot or Sam's Club and you could just return that POS and I would send you the receipt and everything ( of course you would have to pay for the device and probably $10.00 shipping but just thinking of ideas to help you out if possible...

Thanks I appreciate that but I'll get this fixed. I'm trying to think of a way were I get a Nexus 7 in my hands and not have to pay more or fees in the least amount of time.
  • 0 Likes