Rate this Topic

- - - - -

The "its broken already'" thread

• Please log in to reply

OP sadoway

sadoway

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:39 AM #1

I'll get this started

Because of the lifting of the display. When I pushed it down a second time, the screen stressed and cracked. Still waiting for them to replace it.

My advice is don't mess with the lifting, its a factory defect and needs to be returned.

Posted Image

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Southrncomfortjm

Southrncomfortjm

Android Advocate

• 116 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:53 AM #2

So, this happened when you pulled it out of the box?
  • 0 Likes
Need a Dropbox account? Use this link http://db.tt/mmVmWv3C and we both get more storage!

htowngtr

htowngtr

Android Beginner

• 93 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:28 AM #3

Wow, how did that happen already?
  • 0 Likes

kbluhm

kbluhm

Some guy

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:28 AM #4

So, this happened when you pulled it out of the box?

Yeah, very curious here as well. Did you force anything? I have seen the montage of unboxings, this thing is apparently packaged pretty securely.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by kbluhm, 17 July 2012 - 10:29 AM.

• 0 Likes

OP sadoway

sadoway

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:22 PM #5

No it was from pushing the glass into the glue. It worked the first time. Second time it cracked from stress. No more pressure than u might if u were holding it in one hand and walking down the street. Very dispointing.

My advice is don't mess with the raised glass, if you don't like it take it back.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

dadsterflip

dadsterflip

Android Lover

• 919 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:43 PM #6

Yea mine had that raise glass the first time and I took it back..... now I have this stupid 1 dead pixel or stuck pixel on the top left corner lol.

• 0 Likes

teh_g

teh_g

Average Android

• 172 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:52 PM #7

Damn, I have the lifted glass too. I guess I will need to send it back.
  • 0 Likes

shojus

shojus

NEXUS = ANDROID! ;)

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:43 PM #8

Damn, I have the lifted glass too. I guess I will need to send it back.

On my 2nd unit with raised glass on the left side only.... kinda sucks! Since I purchased mine through Sam's Club and they are all OOS now I will be waiting on a fresh 3rd replacement.... I LOVE this tablet though!! I just think they rushed it just a bit...
  • 0 Likes
Can't stop FLASHING!! :P

dadsterflip

dadsterflip

Android Lover

• 919 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:47 PM #9

On my 2nd unit with raised glass on the left side only.... kinda sucks! Since I purchased mine through Sam's Club and they are all OOS now I will be waiting on a fresh 3rd replacement.... I LOVE this tablet though!! I just think they rushed it just a bit...

Yea. I tried calling Sams club but no idea when their next shipment is or will get one... grrrr.
I guess that dead pixel is better then lifted glass... its really tiny anyways plus its on the very edge also.

• 0 Likes

iPois0n

iPois0n

Crack Flasher

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:49 PM #10

See my Defective Nexus7 thread. I to have gotten this dreaded bull crap. What sucks for me is I ordered on Google Play so now I have to ship mine which will only make the wait longer.
  • 0 Likes
Phone: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 16GB