- - - - -

[Jelly Bean] CM10 - Links and guides how to install! 8/10

• Please log in to reply

OP Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:53 AM #1

*WARNING: INCREDIBLY PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE THAT MAY HAVE SERIOUS BUGS!!!*

Not my release so I'm not putting this in the dev sections. CM says he's using it as his daily driver but stressed heavily that this is incredibly pre-release software and WILL have bugs! You can find the original posts over at XDA. Comments sound like it's wise to make sure you have the latest version of CWM before flashing this (unknown about TWRP support).

ROM Downloads:
T-Mobile (8/10 build)
AT&T (8/10 build)
Sprint (8/10 build)
I9300 - Go see this thread for details (directions in my post should be fine but some details in features/bugs differ)
Verizon - Go see this thread for details (do not use the directions in my post)

GAPPS Download (7/26 build)
SU.ZIP Download <-- No longer necessary unless you're on builds from before 7/18

Steps:
1) Get CWM installed (you may have varied luck with TWRP)
2) Wipe data/cache and mount/format /system
3) Flash CM10
4) Flash gapps (if you want gapps)
5) Flash su.zip (if you are on a CM10 build before the 7/18 builds)
6) Profit and have fun with Google Now and other JB features (although you'll have to make due without Butter for now)!

NOTE: The above steps have been tested and appear to work well on the T-Mobile release. Please update us how this works for the other devices. And, most importantly, have fun!!

Not-quote-a-changelog (all changes since the initial release):

* Fixed audio death after call
* New features merged to CM
* Superuser is back
* Crazy OOM bug is fixed
* MTP fixed
* No more derpy ADB
* Underped the camera
* Fixed data usage tracker
* Enabled tracers
* Fixed video editor
* Misc

CM's post (the T-Mobile version but I'm pulling links to avoid confusion):

CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

This is an early preview of CM10 for the Galaxy S3 on T-Mobile. It's a major work in progress. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

CM10 is in a very early state. Most custom CM9 features have not been merged. Please submit a patch to our Gerrit instance if you want to help out.

Known issues being worked on:
* Overlay for UI (extra butter)- We're waiting on CodeAurora to publish, UI is a little janky.
* Camera preview turns green during animations and may crash.
* All the things.

Install instructions:
1. Install ClockworkMod Recovery for "d2tmo". Sorry, CM cannot provide support for other recoveries, although they may work fine.
2. Get the preview build here.
3. Reboot into recovery and install.

Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

This build contains a lot of patches that haven't been committed to the repositories yet! It's not that we're trying to keep secrets, it's just that they are a mess! Give us a little time :cool:

Again, CM10 is not even close to ready, but I'm using this build as my daily driver. You have been warned.

Edited by Jaxidian, 11 August 2012 - 07:30 PM.
Adding 8/10 builds

• 0 Likes

bhazard

bhazard

Android Beginner

• 22 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:05 AM #2

Lost root after I flashed it.
  • 0 Likes

OP Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:09 AM #3

Flash the SU.zip listed in the OP. This gets you root back but you must flash this AFTER flashing CM10.

*edited to include the correct answer*

Edited by Jaxidian, 17 July 2012 - 08:46 AM.
Updated with the correct answer instead of an incorrect guess.

• 0 Likes

OP Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:26 AM #4

Okay, I see what you mean. I'm there, now (d2tmo). Flashing su.zip installs fine but even it doesn't have root access. Digging deeper...

*edit* Okay, I think I have it figured out. The above su.zip doesn't work. Standby...
  • 0 Likes

OP Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:44 AM #5

Updated instructions. Fixed:
1) Old gapps link was bad. Better now and points to the 7/14 version of JB gapps
2) Updated SU link. Flash this after rom/gapps if you want root.

Any other problems by anybody? I've only ran it with this fixed for ~1 minute so it's still not really tested. :-)
  • 0 Likes

srs731

srs731

Android Beginner

• 230 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:03 AM #6

Fucking Verizon I hate you
  • 1 Likes

OP Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:14 AM #7

So far, this works nicely for me! No crashes yet, have downloaded a number of apps from Play, played with Google Now for a few minutes, and got Google Voice setup and working on it. Wifi works, HSPA+ works, Chrome works, sound works. Hell, I've yet to really find anything that doesn't work. And it's not at all obvious that Butter is missing.
  • 0 Likes

thekendog

thekendog

Super User

• 263 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:17 AM #8

Fucking Verizon I hate you

I thought the same shit this morning when I saw this.
  • 0 Likes

OP Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:19 AM #9

So far, this works nicely for me! No crashes yet, have downloaded a number of apps from Play, played with Google Now for a few minutes, and got Google Voice setup and working on it. Wifi works, HSPA+ works, Chrome works, sound works. Hell, I've yet to really find anything that doesn't work. And it's not at all obvious that Butter is missing.

Fortunately, CM is clearly working very hard on a VZW version, as evidenced by the kexec post. Unfortunately, they're not yet done with it.
  • 0 Likes

BMc08GT

BMc08GT

Android Guru

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:37 AM #10

its being worked on

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RootzWiki
  • 2 Likes
--TeamKang Member--

Appreciate what I do or like my work? Buy me a shot and I love you long time. <3