Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:18 PM #1

More to come!
  • 9 Likes

drgci

drgci

Android Lover

• 177 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:50 PM #2

Great, its everthing working like on ics ? E.g mic,hardware acceleration,headphone fix?
I can't wait
  • 0 Likes

uwndrd

uwndrd

Android Beginner

• 82 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:23 AM #3

Watching this video kinda reminded me that the difference between ICS and JB is very little, and the main difference (butter thing) probably won't really affect us because of hacky kernel/drivers stuff.
  • 0 Likes

Remolten

Remolten

Android Lover

• 224 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:14 AM #4

Watching this video kinda reminded me that the difference between ICS and JB is very little, and the main difference (butter thing) probably won't really affect us because of hacky kernel/drivers stuff.

Or we will wait 6 months+ to get it all fixed lol.
  • 0 Likes

OP ReverendKJR

ReverendKJR

Minister of Mobile Devices

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:35 AM #5

I doubt it will be that long.
  • 1 Likes

Soapinmouth

Soapinmouth

Average Android

• 553 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:45 AM #6

That problem with search fcing was happening in all the aosp roms when they first came out. Try using the gapps from one of the roms with it fixed?

Also that def looked smoother then ics.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Soapinmouth

Soapinmouth

Average Android

• 553 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:48 AM #7

Still using old kernel huh?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Salvation27

Salvation27

Super User

• 359 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:54 AM #8

I'm sure it will be out as soon as possible, not days nor months. Listen to Rev, I'm sure he's got the inside scoop more than any of us :)
Also, I "believe" it'll be a new kernel.... someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
  • 0 Likes

mastamind518

mastamind518

• 22 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:28 AM #9

Wow looks good. Can't wait for the release. Hopefully they get the camera working.

Sent from Touchpad running CM9
  • 1 Likes

RolandDeschain79

RolandDeschain79

Android Adventurer

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:16 AM #10

Or we will wait 6 months+ to get it all fixed lol.

Wow looks good. Can't wait for the release. Hopefully they get the camera working.

Sent from Touchpad running CM9

Due to the fact that ICS and Jelly bean are closely related 4.0-4.1 we will likely see most functionality upon release. Much like what is happening for the kindle fire right now. With any luck we will have camera functionality for both as well. Progress has been made in this respect and it would make for some nice icing on our Ice Cream Sandwich/ Jelly Bean cake.

I'm sure it will be out as soon as possible, not days nor months. Listen to Rev, I'm sure he's got the inside scoop more than any of us :)
Also, I "believe" it'll be a new kernel.... someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

This build appears to be still using the older 2.6.35 Kernel, fast forward and pause at 0:29. I have no doubt that the Rev has the inside scoop since he's running an unofficial jelly bean build. I wonder if Eyeballer is working on those since he stopped putting out unofficial nightly builds for ICS? Hey Rev I don't suppose you can give us a little tease with some nondisclosure info? Inquiring TouchPad enthusiasts are dying to know :P Not asking for ETA just fun facts hehe

Edited by RolandDeschain79, 17 July 2012 - 08:19 AM.

• 0 Likes