Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.1.1 (JB)

Source::
--==Nexus 7 Kernel==--
Features:
Unsecure ramdisk​
CIFS/SAMBA file sharing​
USB-OTG (the source I pulled didn't have it working.. I think the recent update added it.. but this kernel definitely does have OTG)​
NFS/FAT​
Recompiled with Linaro's GCC​
Removed some useless debugging stuff.​
Cool Catch-phrase free!​
Initd Support​
USB Printing​
USB Ethernet adapter​
Changes to USB Whitelist to allow more USB OTG Options​
Xpad Drivers (XBOX 360 Controller, PS3 Controller, ect ect...)​
Overclocked CPU to 1.6ghz used motley's code. THANKS!
Overclocked GPU to 484 also motley's code.THANKS! <---- REVERTED.. not in Version 3
OC/UV Settings are set by JellyBean compatible CPU apps. Defaults to stock...
Works with Paradigm and other ROMS requiring the split framework.jar
Added USB Audio

Planned Features:
Suggestions?​
To use USB OTG Download THIS
Thanks to RHCP for testing and helping.​
Thanks to JDKoreclipse for helping also...​
Download HERE

Donations are appreciated and used to fund upgrades to my buildbox that several developers use... (Khasmek, Adamthecashew, R2DoesInc)

Click me to Donate

See less See more
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
I cant seem to figure this out. First time doing anything with USB OTG. I'm rooted with this kernel. I cant figure out how to access anything. I see the folder but it just shows as empty. Do i need to take any extra steps? Any help would be great.

edit: got it working, I think what that guy said below me is right. lol too bad i didnt see this until after i got it working

#6 ·
For mounting external storage use Stick mount to mount it. Yesterday I found out I can plug a hub in and I was using a mouse, keyboard and flash drive with no problems. Just remember to plug everything in the adapter/hub before plugging it in the N7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've got this kernel installed, and stick mount from play play store, and I can't get my flash drive to be seen or mounted by the tablet. Yes, I'm rooted, and all that. I have the OTG adapter from Amazon Prime, a 32GB microsd card in a micro-sd adapter plugged into the OTG adapter. Nothing at all showing up or mounting through stick mount, or anywhere else for that matter.

I don't know if it might be a bad adapter, or if I need a stand-alone usb flash drive stick, as opposed to what I have described above.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#34 · (Edited by Moderator)
Running BAMF Paradigm 2.0 and decided to give the kernel a whirl to test out an OTG cable I have. I've installed the kernel using TWRP (latest) and CWM Touch (latest), same thing happens. It flashes, says it was successful, yet upon reboot the tab sits at the JB boot animation. I've let it sit for upwards of 15 minutes with no change.

Between flashing with TWRP and CWM I wiped until it hurt and flashed Paradigm 2.0 again, booted up and made sure all was well. Then flashed the kernel, same result. I know that when flashing certain items/roms the device can take a while to boot, but never seen one hit the 15 minute mark.

Ideas?

**EDIT**

I just tried with MoDaCo Jr5 and it boots just fine, so guess it's something with Paradigm 2.0.

#35 · (Edited by Moderator)
Running BAMF Paradigm 2.0 and decided to give the kernel a whirl to test out an OTG cable I have. I've installed the kernel using TWRP (latest) and CWM Touch (latest), same thing happens. It flashes, says it was successful, yet upon reboot the tab sits at the JB boot animation. I've let it sit for upwards of 15 minutes with no change.

Between flashing with TWRP and CWM I wiped until it hurt and flashed Paradigm 2.0 again, booted up and made sure all was well. Then flashed the kernel, same result. I know that when flashing certain items/roms the device can take a while to boot, but never seen one hit the 15 minute mark.

Ideas?

**EDIT**

I just tried with MoDaCo Jr5 and it boots just fine, so guess it's something with Paradigm 2.0.
No, its not. I am not trying to down anyone's work, and I consider Poitee a friend. However there are some things you need to understand.

Paradigm is a highly customized ROM and we were forced to modify the framework.jar, into framework.jar and framework2.jar. If a kernel does not add framework2.jar to the bootclasspath, it will not boot.

There is nothing wrong with Paradigm. There is nothing wrong with the kernel either, technically. But if you want them to work together, this must be changed. Extra bootclasspaths don't hurt roms that do not need them, so it can be added without breaking anything.

This method of splitting the framework was proposed by Cyanogenmod, and is used by a lot of heavily customized roms. It is essential, as framework.jar is hitting its maximum on allowed methods with Jellybean. So its not going away any time soon.
https://groups.googl...orm/sR6I2ldCxwU

I have not checked Poitee's ramdisk, but I have a feeling its missing a bootclasspath.

Confirmed:

This kernel:

export BOOTCLASSPATH /system/framework/core.jar:/system/framework/core-junit.jar:/system/framework/bouncycastle.jar:/system/framework/ext.jar:/system/framework/framework.jar:/system/framework/android.policy.jar:/system/framework/services.jar:/system/framework/apache-xml.jar

Ours:

export BOOTCLASSPATH /system/framework/core.jar:/system/framework/core-junit.jar:/system/framework/bouncycastle.jar:/system/framework/ext.jar:/system/framework/framework.jar:/system/framework/framework2.jar:/system/framework/android.policy.jar:/system/framework/services.jar:/system/framework/apache-xml.jar

I have attached this same kernel using AnyKernel installer. It should work now but I didn't test it.

http://www.mediafire...4dkg9sz1f3cskbp

#52 ·
I don't think there is a way to charge and use OTG, that is why google is using its own way of doing usb audio which will allow charging. You have two options, wait for a DAC that works with google's usb audio similar to the Gear4 dock or make your own DIY OTG cable that has a switch to go from OTG to normal usb as seen in this video... For now I think I will make a switch and flip it over to charge when I'm not in the car, just hope I don't kill my car battery doing this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.