Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.1.1 (JB)

Source::
--==Nexus 7 Kernel==--

Features:

Unsecure ramdisk

CIFS/SAMBA file sharing

USB-OTG (the source I pulled didn't have it working.. I think the recent update added it.. but this kernel definitely does have OTG)

NFS/FAT

Recompiled with Linaro's GCC

Removed some useless debugging stuff.

Cool Catch-phrase free!

Initd Support

USB Printing

USB Ethernet adapter

Changes to USB Whitelist to allow more USB OTG Options

Xpad Drivers (XBOX 360 Controller, PS3 Controller, ect ect...)

Overclocked CPU to 1.6ghz used motley's code. THANKS!
Overclocked GPU to 484 also motley's code.THANKS! <---- REVERTED.. not in Version 3
OC/UV Settings are set by JellyBean compatible CPU apps. Defaults to stock...
Works with Paradigm and other ROMS requiring the split framework.jar
Added USB Audio

Planned Features:

Suggestions?

To use USB OTG Download THIS

Thanks to RHCP for testing and helping.

Thanks to JDKoreclipse for helping also...

Download HERE

Donations are appreciated and used to fund upgrades to my buildbox that several developers use... (Khasmek, Adamthecashew, R2DoesInc)

Click me to Donate

Edited by poitee, 29 July 2012 - 04:30 AM.

• 7 Likes

droidmakespwn

droidmakespwn

Android Enthusiast

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:14 PM #2

Awesome. I'll try after I get a nice charge going.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

nhat

nhat

Android Master

• 820 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:23 PM #3

I hate that RHCP guy :angry:

Edited by nhat, 16 July 2012 - 03:23 PM.

• 1 Likes

Athorax

Athorax

Android Apprentice

• 89 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:36 PM #4

I hate that RHCP guy :angry:

Yeah most people do. Don't let his name on something ruin it for you though. Most devs are great regardless of his presence.
  • 0 Likes

DONNY TRUMP

DONNY TRUMP

Android Beginner

• 34 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:43 AM #5

I cant seem to figure this out. First time doing anything with USB OTG. I'm rooted with this kernel. I cant figure out how to access anything. I see the folder but it just shows as empty. Do i need to take any extra steps? Any help would be great.

edit: got it working, I think what that guy said below me is right. lol too bad i didnt see this until after i got it working

Edited by DONNY TRUMP, 19 July 2012 - 07:09 AM.

• 0 Likes

circa881

circa881

Average Android

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:01 AM #6

For mounting external storage use Stick mount to mount it. Yesterday I found out I can plug a hub in and I was using a mouse, keyboard and flash drive with no problems. Just remember to plug everything in the adapter/hub before plugging it in the N7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

bovineyard

bovineyard

AOKP User

• 33 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:17 AM #7

I've got this kernel installed, and stick mount from play play store, and I can't get my flash drive to be seen or mounted by the tablet. Yes, I'm rooted, and all that. I have the OTG adapter from Amazon Prime, a 32GB microsd card in a micro-sd adapter plugged into the OTG adapter. Nothing at all showing up or mounting through stick mount, or anywhere else for that matter.

I don't know if it might be a bad adapter, or if I need a stand-alone usb flash drive stick, as opposed to what I have described above.

Edited by bovineyard, 19 July 2012 - 10:07 AM.

• 0 Likes

OP poitee

poitee

Developer / Supporting Member / Team Gummy

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:36 PM #8

I've got this kernel installed, and stick mount from play play store, and I can't get my flash drive to be seen or mounted by the tablet. Yes, I'm rooted, and all that. I have the OTG adapter from Amazon Prime, a 32GB microsd card in a micro-sd adapter plugged into the OTG adapter. Nothing at all showing up or mounting through stick mount, or anywhere else for that matter.

I don't know if it might be a bad adapter, or if I need a stand-alone usb flash drive stick, as opposed to what I have described above.

Not sure man.. Im still waiting on mine..

Can someone else confirm please?

:)

Thanks

PoiTEE
  • 0 Likes

circa881

circa881

Average Android

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:02 PM #9

Did you plug the SD card into the SD card adapter and then into the OTG cable before plugging it in your N7?

• 0 Likes

bovineyard

bovineyard

AOKP User

• 33 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:29 PM #10

I'm almost sure it's the adapter now, I purchased it on Amazon, and I noticed it doesn't say it's otg, and some reviewers said it didn't work on their xooms. I have another one coming, I will keep you posted.

• 0 Likes