Rate this Topic

7 votes

[APP] Trickster MOD [Kernel Settings and Tweaks]

• Please log in to reply

OP bigeyes0x0

bigeyes0x0

Super User

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:01 PM #1

Trickster MOD app is a tweaking tool to change various settings included in your kernel and other tweaks to your phone. It was made by me and my friend.

Screenshots and more information at links below.

LinksIf you like the app please rate it 5 stars and if you can, please donate.

Please read the FAQ before reporting any problem
FAQ

Reset zip
If you mess up and can't boot, say aggressive OC/UV , use this recovery zip to reset

Credits
  • Google
  • Our great kernel devs
  • chainfire for SuperSU and su
  • stericson for busybox
  • grilledbacon for your beautiful icon
  • Beta testers for your dedication in testing this
  • Anyone I learnt from
Disclaimer: This is provided with NO GUARANTY whatsoever. Use your common sense.

Edited by bigeyes0x0, 05 October 2012 - 08:58 PM.

• 26 Likes
My app Trickster MOD, kernel settings and performance tweaks.

Support and Feedback | Google+ Page | Help us translate

TMFGO45

TMFGO45

Android Master

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:21 PM #2

This seems like exactly what I have been waiting for. I have paid for all the control apps, but I am really glad to see one app that can just do it all. So very nice!

Now a question...something didn't go right. I first disabled all tweaks in leantweaks, then flashed your mod. Then upon reboot, before I could get the app installed, my Talk force closed, I had the activation successful screen, then a hot reboot, then my Talk just kept force closing....

So I installed the app, flashed stock GApps, reinstalled a newer version of lk, reinstalled your mod, rebooted, then went back and tried my black ice GApps again, and something just doesn't seem right or feel right...

Should I completely uninstall leantweaks? Is there anything else you notice maybe I messed up? Improper order? Anything?

I'm going to try a completely fresh setup with AOKP M6 and see how this all goes. I'm hoping for my normal experience without the force closing with Talk and just this general feeling that something isn't right....

Thanks for anything you can point out. I'm going to get this working because it is exactly what I have been waiting for. Very nice work!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus! (AOKP b37 , leankernel 3.8.0 exp3, 4.0.4 Radios, Inverted Gapps, TWRP2 Recovery)
  • 0 Likes

OP bigeyes0x0

bigeyes0x0

Super User

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:26 PM #3

It's likely you installed your ROM with some themed/modded apks that are borked. The current version I posted, still do zipalign at boot and that will cause your phone to recreate odex file for apks that were zipaligned. Wait for some time, the next version will have that feature disable by default, so user won't run into it on first boot.

As for modded/theme apks being borked, I meant the modder made a mistake in preserving original signature of these apks. Corrent guide is here http://www.galaxynex...g-apktools.html
  • 0 Likes

TMFGO45

TMFGO45

Android Master

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:17 PM #4

I'm using black ice inverted apps. They are installed after the ROM. You think there is a conflict because of the zipalign?

I've had zipalign enabled in the ROM but never had these issues......what are you thinking it is exactly?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus! (AOKP b37 , leankernel 3.8.0 exp3, 4.0.4 Radios, Inverted Gapps, TWRP2 Recovery)
  • 0 Likes

solongthemer

solongthemer

Deleted

• 895 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:19 PM #5

Yes.. the installable inverted apps are most likely signed with the test keys.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

TMFGO45

TMFGO45

Android Master

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:58 PM #6

Why doesn't AOKP zipalign cause the same issue?

Is there a work around to get through everything with no issues? Or is this MOD just not usable by me yet?

• 0 Likes

icanhazdroid

icanhazdroid

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:18 PM #7

Awesome work! A couple of questions..

1. Everything does set on boot I assume?
2. Can we please get a keyboard for voltage/color control, and also maybe intervals of 5 or 25 for the voltage control sliders?

This is working great!
  • 0 Likes

OP bigeyes0x0

bigeyes0x0

Super User

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:29 PM #8

@TMFGO45: Their zipalign script only does apps under /data/app and not /system/app where if there is problematic apks, it will cause disasters like this. So to prevent any further casualties from this kind of crap, I will follow the same route. TBH I have modded apks a lot too, but I didn't make it shoddy like that, and I have no my problem with my modded apks.

As for when you can use it. I think sometime today as I'm ditching work and fixing that shit that's really not my problem now. Fortunately I run my own business.

@icanhazdroid:
1. Yes. always
2. Keyboard is planned actually. Intervals are thought of too.

Edited by bigeyes0x0, 15 July 2012 - 11:32 PM.

• 0 Likes

Cloud Nine

Cloud Nine

On My Isht

• 112 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:40 PM #9

I'm glad you included an apk :P No Play Store love yet?
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

WhataSpaz

WhataSpaz

Why Not Zoidberg?

• 1,490 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:45 PM #10

Force close apk unfortunately

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image
CURRENT PHONE: SGS III - SOME AOSP ROM - iX