1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

1 votes

[TUTORIAL] [ROOT/RECOVERY] US/Canadian Galaxy S III (not for VZW)

• Please log in to reply

OP Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:25 AM #11

How do you get out of Odin mode once your in it.? Also can you get to recovery from Odin mode?

1) Battery pull
2) You can't exactly go from Odin mode to Recovery. You must power off and then do the button combination to get to Recovery. I believe there are a couple combinations, depending on your model. Vol Up + Home + Power is mine (TMo).
  • 0 Likes

OP Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:51 AM #12

FYI, Chainfire is working on Triangle Away for us. Just tested it for TMo and it worked as expected. So for those of you who have already tripped your counter or are on VZW, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. It's just not quite yet here. If he doesn't get it out today, there might be a 2-month delay but sounds like it's coming for sure! :-)
  • 1 Likes

RMarkwald

RMarkwald

Mr Click Click Derk

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:01 AM #13

FYI, Chainfire is working on Triangle Away for us. Just tested it for TMo and it worked as expected. So for those of you who have already tripped your counter or are on VZW, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. It's just not quite yet here. If he doesn't get it out today, there might be a 2-month delay but sounds like it's coming for sure! :-)

Nice I saw him post that up on Twitter. Thanks for testing!
  • 0 Likes
Find me on App.net: https://alpha.app.net/ryanmarkwald
Follow me on Twitter: @RyanMarkwald

RMarkwald

RMarkwald

Mr Click Click Derk

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:53 AM #14

The method now works for Sprint as well, so wondering if it will then work for US Cellular as well for the Triangle Away as far as tripping the flash counter?
  • 0 Likes

OP Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:22 AM #15

The method now works for Sprint as well, so wondering if it will then work for US Cellular as well for the Triangle Away as far as tripping the flash counter?

It's possible but it's also possible that it could hard-brick your device. He was mostly concerned with partition tables. If USCC partition tables are identical to Sprint, then perhaps. But be aware of the risks if/when you try it. There is no recovering from it short of replacing the motherboard in your phone or reprogramming it with a JTAG unit.
  • 0 Likes

RMarkwald

RMarkwald

Mr Click Click Derk

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:35 AM #16

It's possible but it's also possible that it could hard-brick your device. He was mostly concerned with partition tables. If USCC partition tables are identical to Sprint, then perhaps. But be aware of the risks if/when you try it. There is no recovering from it short of replacing the motherboard in your phone or reprogramming it with a JTAG unit.

I'm not even rooted yet, so to even attempt this I'd want to talk to him about it first to see what his thoughts were.
  • 0 Likes

OP Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:22 AM #17

I'm not even rooted yet, so to even attempt this I'd want to talk to him about it first to see what his thoughts were.

Well, that's most likely impossible for the next 2 months. He's probably on a plane now flying away from his dev environments.
  • 0 Likes

macauman

macauman

Super User

• 313 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:51 PM #18

Can I flash CWM Recovery through ROM Manager without tripping the counter?
  • 0 Likes
TouchPad dual booting WebOS with...
CM7 A3 CM7 A3.5
CM9 A0 CM9 A0.5 CM9 A0.6 CM9 A1 CM9 A2 CM9 Official Nightlies!!!!

If you find my posts useful, please LIKE me.

OP Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:08 PM #19

Can I flash CWM Recovery through ROM Manager without tripping the counter?

I've not done it myself but I've heard other people say it works just fine, no counter increase.

Sent from my phone. Prepare for atrocious Swype typos.
  • 0 Likes

RMarkwald

RMarkwald

Mr Click Click Derk

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:05 AM #20

Someone on the US Cellular forum tried the apk on their rooted device and got: Magic header not found, incompatible device" and then hitting OK aborts the program.

Looks like USCC folk will have to wait for Chainfire and hopefully he can lend a hand.

Kernel source is out for the USCC device now.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using RootzWiki
  • 1 Likes