1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

2 votes

So how about some more on the SCH-R530U?

• Please log in to reply

OP jpaulwaite

jpaulwaite

Haf yu seen mah baseball?

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:00 AM #1

First off, screw verizon. That bein said, there are other variants of the S3 to look into developing for. So, the sch-r530u, or d2usc, is the US Cellular flavor of the GS3, but it's hardware is identical to the other 2 cdma variants, save for it 4g antenna. So far we know that our bootloader is not locked, making it much more ideal for development at the current juncture, and that the Sprint root and cwm method works. Obviously anything aosp is going to take a while, so are there any dev's interested in stock modding/theming/rom baking?

Of course we'll never get a subforum, for whatever screwy ass reason, but lets do what we can. :-)
  • 2 Likes

Team Heinz
Puttin' Awesome Sauce on it.

RMarkwald

RMarkwald

Mr Click Click Derk

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:16 PM #2

Picked mine up today from US Cellular. Hopefully we can get some development going on it, which would mean a developer would have to help out and/or get one on USCC. Another option would be someone with a USCC phone sending it to a developer to try and get something going.

That last idea may not be realistic I know.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
Find me on App.net: https://alpha.app.net/ryanmarkwald
Follow me on Twitter: @RyanMarkwald

dhonzik

dhonzik

Android Otaku

• 39 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:27 PM #3

I too would love to see Awesome Sauce on the Galaxy S3

• 0 Likes

OP jpaulwaite

jpaulwaite

Haf yu seen mah baseball?

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:21 AM #4

You musta missed that big-ass banner that says "developer" under my name, huh, rmarkwald. 8-x

Yeah, more devs would be great, as I won't be able to handle the work load on my own.

bump, bump bump :-)))

Edited by jpaulwaite, 15 July 2012 - 08:21 AM.

• 0 Likes

Team Heinz
Puttin' Awesome Sauce on it.

Bigmike

Bigmike

Android Beginner

• 48 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:48 AM #5

So why would we not get our own sub forum? Perhaps split one with c spire, since they will be getting a varient as well, like in the past?

• 0 Likes

RMarkwald

RMarkwald

Mr Click Click Derk

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:44 PM #6

You musta missed that big-ass banner that says "developer" under my name, huh, rmarkwald. 8-x

Yeah, more devs would be great, as I won't be able to handle the work load on my own.

Yes my bad. Cannot see it on the Rootz app. I'm glad you have this phone.

• 0 Likes

phince1

phince1

Supporting Member

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:58 PM #7

I'm glad you have this phone.

+1
Sent from my SCH-R530U using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:05 PM #8

If there are US Cellular or other carriers that have devs releasing things, post them in this forum as though it was a dev forum and then report your post - I bet a forum will be created. No promises, just a hunch. :-)

(from my phone)
  • 0 Likes

RMarkwald

RMarkwald

Mr Click Click Derk

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:53 AM #9

Now I see the big Developer tag under your name. -said logged into Rootz via his computer

:P

EDIT: I may be able to help out with some things once/if you start development. Some of the basic stuff, but I'm also willing to learn. We can discuss that more later once the stock files are released etc.

Edited by RMarkwald, 16 July 2012 - 04:55 AM.

• 0 Likes

kallell

kallell

• 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:55 AM #10

Don't even bother trying to ask the elitist prick Sprint devs at xda for a port (no offense to any Sprint devs that aren't giant fuckers) -

http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=2374
  • 0 Likes