- - - - -

AVRCP 1.3 Support in jelly bean

• Please log in to reply

OP guod

guod

Android Lover

• 110 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:04 AM #1

I noticed that none of these roms have avrcp support and I'm assuming it's because Google did not include it in the aosp code. Does anyone know why or think we will ever get avrcp 1.3 support or something like that? It's a basic feature that they keep omitting, while manufacturers will include it with their Android skins and stuff.
  • 0 Likes

skaforey

skaforey

Android Apprentice

• 167 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:37 PM #2

AOKP and CM9 both had them in ICS, so I'm sure they will eventually have it on the first JB version of AOKP and CM10. Patience....

*I think* the problem is the bluetooth stack is closed source, so it is not really up to Google, it is up to the manufacturers to support it in their binaries.
  • 0 Likes

OP guod

guod

Android Lover

• 110 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:09 PM #3

I thought with some blueZ thing, they got it to work? i dont know, i dont know much about the stack and stuff. I mean if OEMs are putting in, why can't they implement it in to Play Music or something at the very least
  • 0 Likes

Groupers

Groupers

Android Beginner

• 116 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:17 PM #4

The Bluetooth stack in AOSP Android is blueZ, and the blueZ team recently implemented AVRCP 1.3. You can bet that when CM starts working with Jellybean it will get support. You can see which profiles blueZ supports here, included is AVRCP 1.3: http://www.bluez.org/profiles/

Why AOSP doesn't have support when the stack they're using does is beyond me.

Edited by Groupers, 12 July 2012 - 03:19 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP guod

guod

Android Lover

• 110 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:25 AM #5

The Bluetooth stack in AOSP Android is blueZ, and the blueZ team recently implemented AVRCP 1.3. You can bet that when CM starts working with Jellybean it will get support. You can see which profiles blueZ supports here, included is AVRCP 1.3: http://www.bluez.org/profiles/

Why AOSP doesn't have support when the stack they're using does is beyond me.

yeah, i just thought it would be nice for google to include it with aosp ya know? i would love android to be more complete from the start, but i guess that is why we have our devs
  • 0 Likes

anekdotos

anekdotos

• 33 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:41 AM #6

I tried to compile AOSP with the BlueZ ICS source from here: https://github.com/C..._bluez/tree/ics

It failed... unsurprisingly. Anyways, it seems that most of the modifications are done in the "/audio/control.c" file.
I really have no experience doing this but when I'm not at work I'll take a closer look at it. Maybe this will spark some more interest.
  • 0 Likes

OP guod

guod

Android Lover

• 110 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:23 PM #7

I tried to compile AOSP with the BlueZ ICS source from here: https://github.com/C..._bluez/tree/ics

It failed... unsurprisingly. Anyways, it seems that most of the modifications are done in the "/audio/control.c" file.
I really have no experience doing this but when I'm not at work I'll take a closer look at it. Maybe this will spark some more interest.

lets hope. its a pretty important feature, as there were a few pretty large threads about this a while back before devs implemented it. Hopefully someone can get it done, as I dont have experience with that either. cheers for taking a shot at it though
  • 0 Likes

Doahh

Doahh

• 10 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:56 PM #8

Bumping this topic back up... Any progress?
  • 0 Likes

lazyboy0172

lazyboy0172

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:54 PM #9

Hopefully comes soon. I switched from JellyBelly to CM10 hoping it would have it ported from CM9 already, but nope :-(
  • 0 Likes

android06

android06

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:29 AM #10

bump! cant live without this! im back on ics because of this!
  • 0 Likes