- - - - -

I lost my imei

• Please log in to reply

OP mactheripperr

mactheripperr

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:11 PM #1

I lost my imei after flashing a Rom on here. Neither nandroid restore or titanium backup restore to what I had before. I cannot get anything better than edge anywhere.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:38 PM #2

Go flash a stock Odin back on your phone and you should be good to go.
  • 0 Likes

OP mactheripperr

mactheripperr

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:04 PM #3

I'm new to Sammy devices where do I download it from and can I use mobile mobile Odin to do it ? Do I need to flash a new firmware ? What is it that I am going to need to install?

• 0 Likes

Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:30 AM #4

Download and install onto your Windows PC, Odin. (link)

Download the stock Odin files and unzip the file. (link) <----- THIS IS FOR T-MOBILE ONLY! (others here)

I'm late for work so I can't write you a guide, but this should be all you need as long as you have drivers and everything already installed (which you should if you already rooted).
  • 0 Likes

Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:56 AM #5

I've researched this a little bit more and I urge you to read this thread over at XDA:
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1264021

This is a major issue/concern/problem right now. I'm going to try and push that we educate users a bit more on this for the time being...
  • 0 Likes

OP mactheripperr

mactheripperr

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:14 AM #6

I have my efs right here
Posted Image
But there is nothing I can do with it

• 0 Likes

Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:01 AM #7

Check out EFS Pro. There might be some ability for it to fix at least part of your problem. I have no experience with that tool but saw several people reference it. There's also an app in Google Play called kTool. Again, I have no experience with it but I've seen several people reference it. Do please research these tools to ensure they're safe. I'm by no means recommending you use them, just recommending you research into them to see if they might be good options for you.

What I do have experience with is backing up and restoring the EFS partition. Recovering from without a backup is not something I'm able to help tons with. Sorry.
  • 0 Likes

nonpretension

nonpretension

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:55 AM #8

Did you ever fix this?
  • 0 Likes

Thodin

Thodin

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:24 PM #9

If you read the full update, you'll have a full explanation: http://rootzwiki.com...p?/topic/32397-[TUTORIAL]-IMEI---Backup-NV-with-QPST---US-Variants

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  • 0 Likes