Android OS Forum banner

[Inverted] Inverted Apps (update 4-5 GoogleSearch/now2.4.10 GoogleMusic4.5.914)

427K views 1K replies 289 participants last post by  CheekyLord 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Mod Type:: GApps

Difficulty:: Easy

Mod Base:: AOSP

Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Optional:: Themed

Requires Root:: Yes

Optional:: Smali Edits

Android Version:: 4.2.2 (JB)

Source::

TeamBAKED is proud to give onto you a totally Inverted Google Apps experience!
Many have asked wheres the all in one. There is not an all in one I did this for simplicity. It is very easy to use 7zip and create your own all in one tailored just for you!
Any problems post here and I will try to help as best I can!
Thanks to B-boy for all his help!!
Have to give credit to tgwaste (not for help but for the modded Mms.apk to look thru)
for the divider removal! Where he got it I don't know!
Inverted Contacts This app is only tested working on the Gnexus as thats where its from.
Inverted Calendar
Inverted Email

Inverted Play Store

Inverted Talk
Inverted Mms
Download Links​
  • Jelly Bean apps (4.2.2)
    • Contacts updated 10-8 (with t9search) just the contacts.apk now!
    • Calendar
    • Email
    • Talk updated 10-16 (from my single flash gapps package)
    • Mms updated 10-8 (still all the great features and now theme ability)
Install Instructions!!!
  1. Place on sdcard!
  2. Reboot into cwm or twrp recovery!
  3. Flash downloaded zip file!
  4. Enjoy!
Please enjoy!
Disclaimer
Usual disclaimer applies! You break it its your fault not rootz or mine. However having said that I will help in whatever way possible!

If you feel the need to buy me a beer or soda it will be greatly appreciated!!!
It also would help pay the $9 monthly fee to mediafire so no one sees ads anymore!!!!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Every download here is now a installable apk download click and install.​
Also available at goo-inside here and also in the goo manager app under​
Browse all files /devs/travp624/invertedapps​

Google + (3.5.3.42448346) *Update 3-21​
Now its an installable apk just download click and install!

Gmail (4.3.1) *update 3-30

Google Voice (0.4.2.72) *updated 3-20

Google Music (4.5.914) *updated 4-5

YouTube (4.3.9) *updated 3-20

Google Reader (1.1.8) *update 10-13

#4 ·
Damn man, I was freaking out. I couldn't find this thread and then yesterday saw that it was merged with the Black Ice thread. So I wasn't sure if you plan to continue updating these for JB and making them available as independent downloads for JB roms.

I'm glad to find it. Thanks for your hard and thorough work. It's greatly appreciated.

#11 ·
I just flashed the mail app on my Evo 4G LTE and the app works great except there is no option for an exchange account. I know this isn't made for my phone although all your other apps I have flashed work fine.

I want to I am extremely happy about having your contacts flashed on here :)

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm using MMS, Google Voice. Contacts, Youtube, Phonesky, Google Music, and Calendar on Nexus S 4G.

I just had to uninstall the apps first with Titanium Backup, then the new apps would install OK without issue after reboot.

The only tricky one for me was Calendar. When I deleted the old Calendar, it seemed to work at first, but would have sync issues. The only way I could get Sync to work is if I restored the white calendar, and I have both the black and white calendars installed. I just chose to open the black calendar everytime as default, and hid the white one.

I really appreciate this because I like using the stock Google ICS build since it's so fast and stable, and I couldn't do themes otherwise unless I used a less snappy deodexed version.

#23 ·
I have a little problem with greader. I download and install your versions and in the "About" menu it says v 1.1.5. I've redownloaded multiple times your latest version but after installing it's still v 1.1.5 . I don't know if it doesnt installs well or your app is old version.
Can anyone take a look? Thanks

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for these! I running MeanROM .13 on EVO LTE - when I install mms.apk it appears in /system/app/ but it's not listed in my app drawer. Do I need to remove the Messenging-CRC app? (Is that the HTC apk?)

Also, what files should I remove to get rid of the HTC People/Phone app? I thought I had it correct but I keep getting endless "Phone cannot be started" pop-ups.

#28 ·
First off I'm not even sure where to begin your trying to flash aosp apps on a sense rom. To me that just seems like a train wreck waiting to happen. Wish I could give you advice but I don't mess with the sense to me its the most annoy oem skin there is! Why not find a aosp rom?

#30 ·
hellpo, i'm having problems with Google Talk ... I'm on latest CM9 Nightly, but if I flash original GAPPS, GTalk works fine ...
I'm not sure whats the problem (flashed it in CWM, did cache and dalvik wipe), but I had already Inverted GTalk running on CM9 Nightlies and everything is the same, just new version of CM9.

debugger returns me this:

E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): java.lang.SecurityException: Need GTalk_SERVICE permission: Neither user 10072 nor current process has com.google.android.gtalkservice.permission.GTALK_SERVICE.
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1327)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1281)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): at com.google.android.gtalkservice.IGTalkService$Stub$Proxy.getImSessionForAccountId(IGTalkService.java:272)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): at com.google.android.talk.TalkServiceState.setService(TalkServiceState.java:282)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): at com.google.android.talk.TalkApp$2.onServiceConnected(TalkApp.java:170)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): at android.app.LoadedApk$ServiceDispatcher.doConnected(LoadedApk.java:1068)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): at android.app.LoadedApk$ServiceDispatcher$RunConnection.run(LoadedApk.java:1085)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:605)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4575)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:789)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:556)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4054): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager( 1828): Force finishing activity com.google.android.talk/.SigningInActivity

maybe any idea, what is wrong?

thanks and regards

#77 ·
hellpo, i'm having problems with Google Talk ... I'm on latest CM9 Nightly, but if I flash original GAPPS, GTalk works fine ...
I'm not sure whats the problem (flashed it in CWM, did cache and dalvik wipe), but I had already Inverted GTalk running on CM9 Nightlies and everything is the same, just new version of CM9.

maybe any idea, what is wrong?

thanks and regards
Yes, this ^^^ except, I just flashed aokp m6 last night... I have tried to install Talk both ways, 1. over wright Talk all with root explorer and 2. flashed through recovery, both ways return a Talk has stopped working error upon boot.

Sent from my GNex using XSBT2

#31 · (Edited by Moderator)
I want to give a big thanks travp..these are awesome...great base to build from..i use to use just aokp mms as my base for my trans mms app but your new one combines the best of cm9 and aokp!!

I was wondering if I may be able to brib you into adding the feature from the aokp mms that gives you the option to put a quick button for the emoji? in the messaging app where you're typing it puts a little hand on the left and makes it easy to add emoji to the message.

thanks again

transid=3965146446950111V

#40 ·
Hey, great work on the inverted apps!

I tested out the Contacts on my Motorola Photon and its working perfectly! Us Photon users have been having issues with some variations borking the dialer/phone app making it impossible for us to make phone calls lol. Whatever, sh*t happens haha.

Question for you tho, would you mind if a Dev I know used at least the Contact.apk in a rom/port he's been working on? Obviously all credit goes to you of course as I would never take away credit where credit is due... I just wanted to be respectful and ask first...

Thanks again :D

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

#42 · (Edited by Moderator)
OP,

Inverted YouTube fails anytime the volume rocker is used. Is there a fix/update for this coming soon? It's really an enjoyable experience, until you need to adjust the volume. -Lte Galaxy Nexus, jelly belly v3.6 rom

Edit: working> gmail, contacts, calendar, playstore. Thats all that Ive tried. I dont use the others and am running a inverted mms from anither dev.

Edit 2: inverted Email will crash exchange services and becomes an endless popup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.