Milestone 6

• Please log in to reply

morgangreenccna

morgangreenccna

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:13 AM #191

Hey Everyone,

I'm still running Build 39 on my Captivate, and loving it. I would love to flash to Milestone 6, but none of the download links seem to be working. Can anyone point me to an active link?

Developers - Thank you for all that you do. This phone has never run so well!
  • 0 Likes

puterdoc

puterdoc

Average Android

• 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:49 AM #192

I zapped Milestone 6 and gapps from rooted stock 2.3.6 to my Showcase after updating the cmw4_fix-for-cm7_ODIN and all looked great. I wiped all as normal. It was fast but I lost my data connection. Wifi worked, calls and texting worked, but no data. I fought it to just get it back to stock and ended up conceding failure and took to the store to have them smack it around. The guy said it just needed to be updated then was gone for close to an hour. I am on Ntelos so that may make some difference, used aokp_showcasemtd_milestone-6. I loved lean kernel but would have to go back a version to get it opposed to moving forward or staying the same. A little gun shy after this last bit of fun. Currently back to 2.3.6 and btw, Samsung changed some things as my last 2.3.6 had different swipe answer and lock buttons and the flashlight now works again :) . Battery life just sucks so on the stock, otherwise I am not too bad off. Any suggetions or insight appreciated.

Thanks

In addition, I did not do the step for THS as it wasn't part of the instructions on the aokp page. By the time I read elsewhere it had already been done. But all did work except for data connect lost. I did try the airport mode on and off, reboots, even reflash to no avail. And mine was not intermittent, it never connected.

Edited by puterdoc, 19 August 2012 - 08:10 AM.

• 0 Likes

happygreen83

happygreen83

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:53 PM #193

Im running M6 on my GN, Im getting a lot of app FC's and apps/browser just closing and going back to home screen without any prompts. I have clean flashed M6 again and am still getting the same issues, when i flashed the 2nd time i did apply my nandroid and also applied data from apps with Titanium Backup. Today i got my first UI.System FC. Anyone have some advice as to why im having these problems and also what i might do to not have any issues with my ROM. Thank You.
  • 1 Likes

majort94

majort94

Android Apprentice

• 63 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:34 PM #194

Im running M6 on my GN, Im getting a lot of app FC's and apps/browser just closing and going back to home screen without any prompts. I have clean flashed M6 again and am still getting the same issues, when i flashed the 2nd time i did apply my nandroid and also applied data from apps with Titanium Backup. Today i got my first UI.System FC. Anyone have some advice as to why im having these problems and also what i might do to not have any issues with my ROM. Thank You.

I am having the same problems and more, have clean wiped and flashed three times!

I feel the builds leading up to m6 worked better for me... might go back to build 40 for the weekend

only thing i would suggest is check the MD5 checksum for accurate data
  • 0 Likes
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not slacking off, my code is just compiling.

delgadodelbarrio

delgadodelbarrio

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:36 AM #195

Tried using Inverted Gapps on M6 Galaxy Nexus and did not show inverted. Anyone have a link to one that works with M6? Thanks
  • 0 Likes

flash happy

flash happy

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:28 PM #196

i flashed milestone 6 on my iconia a500 and everything is running great the only problem i have with it is when i connect my tablet to my tv using hdmi i get no sound on the tv??? has anyone else experienced this problem??? How can i fix this??? Thanx in advance!!!!
  • 0 Likes

flash happy

flash happy

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:29 PM #197

I am having the same problems and more, have clean wiped and flashed three times!

I feel the builds leading up to m6 worked better for me... might go back to build 40 for the weekend

only thing i would suggest is check the MD5 checksum for accurate data

Did you try booting into recovery and fixing permissions??? Also I would just try wiping cache and dalvik cache and reinstalling just the gapps if fixing the permissions dont work...What version of gapps are you using??

Edited by flash happy, 18 September 2012 - 05:31 PM.

• 0 Likes