• 0 Likes
Sometimes you go to the circus..........sometimes the circus comes to you

Please read the RULES before posting.

gunguy05

gunguy05

Android Beginner

• 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:02 PM #683

Just making sure I am right here.  Haven't flashed anything since my Droid X a couple years ago..

For a Verizon S3 

It can be rooted, bootloader unlocked, custom rom loaded,  and can be flashed back to stock if I want to sell it later (so as to enable it back to OTA updates)?

Just want to make sure before I screw with anything.

Edited by gunguy05, 20 November 2013 - 08:03 PM.

• 0 Likes

SlimSnoopOS

SlimSnoopOS

Thoroughly chill

• 536 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:50 AM #684

Just making sure I am right here.  Haven't flashed anything since my Droid X a couple years ago..

For a Verizon S3 

It can be rooted, bootloader unlocked, custom rom loaded,  and can be flashed back to stock if I want to sell it later (so as to enable it back to OTA updates)?

Just want to make sure before I screw with anything.

Yes, for every firmware available excluding the as yet unavailable 4.3 OTA. No guarantees but you should root/unlock BEFORE that gets pushed to your device starting today if the leaked Samsung documents are to be believed.

• 0 Likes

mikecico

mikecico

• 25 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:34 AM #685

Is there any update on this re: the 4.3 OTA update? I installed it without checking, and it broke Foxfi. I want to root now, but it sounds like the root method here hasn't been verified with the 4.3 update yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• 0 Likes

SlimSnoopOS

SlimSnoopOS

Thoroughly chill

• 536 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:19 PM #686

Is there any update on this re: the 4.3 OTA update? I installed it without checking, and it broke Foxfi. I want to root now, but it sounds like the root method here hasn't been verified with the 4.3 update yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

As of this moment, do not use this root method for VRUCML1 4.3. Over on xda, in our TW 4.3 discussion thread, we have confirmation from multiple users that Saferoot works for our current 4.3 ota. You'll find what you need in the OP of that thread for root. Yes, the tool is in the S4 section but its confirmed to work on our S3. You can only root the 4.3 OTA at this moment, do not flash roms/kernels/recoveries and do not attempt to downgrade your firmware to anything prior to 4.3 unless you want a hard bricked device. Thank you for asking this and I hope Invisiblek does not mind if I post this here (but I'm sure he does not given the nature of VRUCML1 4.3).

Happy holidays!

Edited by SlimSnoopOS, 29 December 2013 - 02:21 PM.

• 0 Likes