Mod Status:: Kang
Apply In:: CWM Recovery
Requires Root:: Yes
Android Version:: 4.0.4 (ICS)
- Extremely responsive, slim, resource friendly UI
- Backup/Restore Liquid Control configurations so you can reflash and retain your personal UI/ROM customizations (note this does not apply to any of the settings under the goodies section)
- Liquid Control, allows for manipulation, customization, and optimization of nearly every area of this ROM.
- Full screen mode (upper left of power menu birdie!)
- More Incremental Navbar Heights to tweak the size just to your liking!
- 5 Lockscreen targets w custom / ICS system icon support
- Customizable Navbar background color, button glow speed.
- Center clock mod/customizable Color
- Lockscreen / Weather feature
- Calendar / Lockscreen customization
- Customizable battery icons
- PropModder, a new convient way to edit your build.prop with the flick of a finger!
- Theme Engine support!
- SQLite Defrag
- Dynamic (built into ROM) changelog!
- Uniform ICS theme throughout the rom...
- And Much much more!
It is with great pleasure that we are here to announce the arrival of Liquid - Ice Cream Sandwhich (toro / maguro) V 1.5. V1.5 is without a doubt a Milestone release for us. It brings to the table unmatched customization & user- control, while providing excellent battery life, rock strength stability, & speed only a Liquid Smooth Rom could deliver. It truly marks a step towards the goal of our project *to bring slim & flawless firmware to the toro / maguro & to get the utmost out of your "phone!" A very big thank you to our beta testers & IRC channel community members / Liquid Smooth family, as well as all of you here at Rootzwiki! The entire Team is stoked about this release & we are certain that you'll love it, to! Please, enjoy! Also, stay tuned, as 1.X is in the works as I type...
Also, if you guys have a concern that we cannot adress here in the Rootzwiki thread, or youd like to contribute a great new idea for improving our project, we welcome you to join us @ IRC.FREENODE.NET; #LIQUIDS.
With that said,
As usual there are thousands of other changes made, take a look at our commit history.
Lastly, YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH GAPPS WITH THIS ROM, THEY ARE INCLUDED.
Liquid ICS v1.5 (Motorola Droid 2 )
- Ensure that you are on a Gingerbread kernel
- Make sure you are rooted and have Droid 2 Bootstrapper installed (or recovery via Rom Manager)
- Download zip and verify md5sum
- Boot into ClockworkMod recovery
- Wipe data/factory reset (if coming from test builds you only need to wipe cache)
- Install zip from sdcard (install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> liquid_shadow-ics-v1.5.zip)
- Reboot and enjoy!
- The entire liquid team for the rom (and the top half of the OP)
- Bikedude880 for the initial device trees
- Jonman409 for picking up cm9 and doing sooooo much work to it. Without it ICS roms for this device would not be where they are.
- Beanstown106 for getting me interested in porting this to begin with
- Everyone who tested and provided feedback
- Because of how our hardware acceleration is implemented it requires a whitelist for apps to recieve it. This will be updated to reflect CM9's list per release but if you wish to add to it you can manually by editing the hwui-whitelist.txt in /system/. To find the name to put into the file navigate to /data/app then copy the name minus the -1.apk. The app will recieve hwa after rebooting.
- Because this is not an official port do not report issue's to the Liquid team, report them in this thread please.
- I will not be updating this per beta release but instead will update per official release.
- I have not tested every single aspect of this rom so if you notice a problem please bring it to my attention, preferably accompanied by a logcat
- Source: http://github.com/liquid-moto