3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Touchdroid --Android for the HP Touchpad [Outdated]

• This topic is locked

Android Beginner

• 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:15 PM #161

it's going to be awhile before android is ready for use on the Touchpad. Even if they get the touchscreen working you have other things that will need to be fixed, like wifi, bluetooth, camera, gpu, gyro, etc. My guess is that we are still a few months away before android will be useable on this tablet.

At the pace the devs are working, I doubt it will be that long. That's a credit to the the talent of the developers who do this work for the fun and challenge of it, glad there are folks out there with the determination and skill to make things happen when the hardware manufacturers fall short.

Edited by Avatar26, 06 September 2011 - 03:24 PM.

• 0 Likes

scifan

scifan

Android Lover

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:21 PM #162

Since most of the parts of the touchpad are standard linux/android components, and since another dev has been told by the touch screen manufacturer that part of the manufacturing process included a test/setup phase that involved Android, I would be surprised if this couldn't be rapidly achieved...

The big issue is to keep the dev teams from not sharing their knowledge and abilities. Unfortunately, this is the general side effect of competition for a monetary prize.
  • 0 Likes

Android Beginner

• 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:27 PM #163

Since most of the parts of the touchpad are standard linux/android components, and since another dev has been told by the touch screen manufacturer that part of the manufacturing process included a test/setup phase that involved Android, I would be surprised if this couldn't be rapidly achieved...

The big issue is to keep the dev teams from not sharing their knowledge and abilities. Unfortunately, this is the general side effect of competition for a monetary prize.

You know, the funny things is that I would bet 50% of the TPs sold went to people who intend to load Android.
500,000 people x $1 each donations to support development goes a long way across 5, 10, 15, or even 20 people.
Get over the money people. Focus on who you are helping. Surprisingly, Fortune 500s have a knack for identifying talent and making freelance work worthwhile. Get the job done, the rewards will come either way.
  • 0 Likes