Android OS Forum banner

Sideloading OTA Error!

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CODENEX 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm following this guide. From the command lines on Updating the platform-tools, I get an error "please consider trying to update again without a package filter"

android.bat update sdk -u -t platform-tools,tools
turns out to be an error and doesn't seem to be download and updating over a confirmation message.

Downloaded the latest SDK and drivers. after writing down recovery.img, system.img and boot.img, I'm unable to update via sideloading

adb sideload update.zip
. The recovery screen turns out "You need adb 1.0.32 or newer to sideload to this device." I've checked out the SDK and confirmed the "Android SDK Tools (24.0.2)" and "Android SDK Platform-tools (21)" have been updated, which is possibly the ADB and fastboot etc.Now what more does it require to get ADB updated.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Pretty sure this belongs in the general forum for the nexus 5... but whatever.

The version of the android platform tools on your computer is not up to date. If you obtained the tools through your operating system's package manager, try updating them there, and also verify the version of the tools that are in your $PATH is the version you wanted.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Pretty sure this belongs in the general forum for the nexus 5... but whatever.

The version of the android platform tools on your computer is not up to date. If you obtained the tools through your operating system's package manager, try updating them there, and also verify the version of the tools that are in your $PATH is the version you wanted.
I've already updated the platform tools, sdk tools from the package manager.

And yeah! Regarding the PATH variable, Please shed some light though. I'm no experianced under LINUX or it's distro's nor have much knowledge in CMD terminal either. I've located the (cd) path to where the android.bat is installed for the 1st command line operation from that link.

android.bat update sdk -u -t platform-tools,tools

Actually did this from guessing the android.bat have to be located for this operation.

But from what you've said, I can't actually locate the adb new version for running further commands.

like,

# On Windows:
> android.bat update adb
# On Linux/Mac:
> android.sh update adb

# Make sure the device is recognized
> adb devices

# Boot into bootloader mode
> adb reboot bootloader

# In bootloader mode, make again sure the device is recognized
> fastboot devices

# Flash stock LRX21O recovery image
> fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

# Flash stock LRX21O system image
> fastboot flash system system.img

# Flash stock LRX21O boot image
> fastboot flash boot boot.img

Note: After updating through the GUI, The ADB is still 1.0.31! It's been days I'm trying to update the OTA. Looks like it's only me who've came across with such an error. Thanks for your help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.