1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

124 votes

[ROM] JDX v15.2 - 09/05/2013 - [JB 4.3][AOSP+] - It's all about the butter!

• Please log in to reply

Raziel36

Raziel36

Android Apprentice

• 127 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:18 PM #311

Changing the lcd density is not yet supported or recommended. Once the ROM is exactly as intended and everything is working perfectly, we can start looking into things like that. We'll get to it, don't worry! :)

That's the only problem I've run into with LCD density changing, so it's not a big deal.. just cosmetic.. I can be patient ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

ntowell

ntowell

• 23 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:20 PM #312

Loaded 1.4 ...everything seems peachy except it still displays T-CDMA 64. Minor, but annoying. Thanks for all the hard work!
  • 0 Likes

abqnm

abqnm

Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:23 PM #313

Loaded 1.4 ...everything seems peachy except it still displays T-CDMA 64. Minor, but annoying. Thanks for all the hard work!

Try turning off the phone and removing the SIM and then booting back up with no sim. Then power down again and boot with the SIM installed. It should re download the prl and update the eri and show Verizon.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.
  • 1 Likes

If you want to be sure I see your reply, please actually use the QUOTE button as I may not always be subscribed to the thread.

HTC One GPE & Verizon Galaxy S3 (Left Verizon, so it is just a media device now)

Too many old Androids to list...

-Android user/abuser since December 2009-

linuxmel

linuxmel

Super User

• 442 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:25 PM #314

Just wondering since 1.4 has dropped, and has been said that boot/nandroid back problems and boot times have improved, does this fix problems if you are on another JB rom from another dev. Can I just flash this with fewer problems than before.?
Thanks so much

• 0 Likes
Galaxy Nexus
[JB 4.2.2]

ATOM 422 [v7]

OP jakeday

jakeday

Android Guru

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:29 PM #315

Just wondering since 1.4 has dropped, and has been said that boot/nandroid back problems and boot times have improved, does this fix problems if you are on another JB rom from another dev. Can I just flash this with fewer problems than before.?
Thanks so much

Yes, you can flash over the other JB ROMs. While wiping data is not required, I would still recommend it unless already using my ROM.

And 1.5 is going up now with a few fixes I missed... sorry guys and gals!
  • 0 Likes

linuxmel

linuxmel

Super User

• 442 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:33 PM #316

Yes, you can flash over the other JB ROMs. While wiping data is not required, I would still recommend it unless already using my ROM.

Thank you for the reply. Are you using any scripts during install to make things work better?
  • 0 Likes
Galaxy Nexus
[JB 4.2.2]

ATOM 422 [v7]

kisypher

kisypher

Super User

• 350 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:33 PM #317

LOL...i just flashed 1.4 guess i'l just flash again. :tongue2:

• 0 Likes
Verizon Galaxy Note 2

Rom: Changes daily, I'm a crack flasher.

Kernel: Stock

OP jakeday

jakeday

Android Guru

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:34 PM #318

LOL...i just flashed 1.4 guess i'l just flash again. :tongue2:

I'm sorry for that!
  • 0 Likes

OP jakeday

jakeday

Android Guru

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:37 PM #319

I'm curious about some of your build.prop tweaks and have a suggestion or 2

dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y,v=n,o=v,u=n

I know quite a bit about the dalvik dex codes and I know this turns off most dalvik checking (mapping on, verify none, optimize verified, do not optimize for uniprocessor) have you ever tried using v=f (optimize full) before? Its a full optimization where dalvik takes much longer to rebuild after a wipe but is much more optimized and faster as a result

ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
ro.kernel.checkjni=0

These are nice but missing the argument
dalvik.vm.checkjni=false

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=30
And lastly won't a value this low actually hurt performance? (Usual values most roms set are between 250 and 280)

I'm also wondering about the other different build.prop tweaks since I actually haven't seen some before, care to enlighten me? (You can pm me to avoid clogging the thread)

Yes, and this is the best combination for this ROM for the dalvik codes. We can discuss this further outside the thread if you like, and we can go over my other tweaks as well.

Yeah, I thought I had dalvik.vm.checkjni in there. It's in 1.5

The "30" should have been a "230". Fixed in 1.5, along with the other things I meant to include in 1.4.
  • 0 Likes

Raziel36

Raziel36

Android Apprentice

• 127 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:40 PM #320

Yes, and this is the best combination for this ROM for the dalvik codes. We can discuss this further outside the thread if you like, and we can go over my other tweaks as well.

Yeah, I thought I had dalvik.vm.checkjni in there. It's in 1.5

The "30" should have been a "230". Fixed in 1.5, along with the other things I meant to include in 1.4.

Any way to just get a build.prop file upload or list of changes to be made, for those comfortable with that? Or are there other things not related to the prop file being included in 1.5?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes