1 votes

HP Touchpad and Jelly Bean

• Please log in to reply

OP ericdabbs

ericdabbs

Android Apprentice

• 130 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:36 PM #1

Just thought I would put this out there but are there plans by the developers to incorporate Jelly Bean onto the HP Touchpad now that it has been announced by Google? I know CM9 isn't finished completely (still need the camera to work) but its pretty close.

I really want to try Google Now which is one of the key features to compete with Siri.
  • 1 Likes

Remolten

Remolten

Android Lover

• 224 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:51 PM #2

The devs have to wait for google to open-source it after the initial launch, then they have to port the first buggy version, and then we go through the whole cm9 process again.
  • 0 Likes

jwort93

jwort93

Android Enthusiast

• 251 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:14 PM #3

The devs have to wait for google to open-source it after the initial launch, then they have to port the first buggy version, and then we go through the whole cm9 process again.

I hope it won't be exactly the same. I am sure jelly bean is much more similar internally compared to ICS, than ICS was to gingerbread.

Sent from my ADR6400L using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

mafu6

mafu6

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:16 PM #4

I'd have a random guess and say the first jelly bean to hit the touchpad wont be until Sep at the least...

I'd rather have a fully working CM9 (with Camera) than a very buggy 4.1 Jellybean.
  • 2 Likes

OP ericdabbs

ericdabbs

Android Apprentice

• 130 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:21 AM #5

I'd have a random guess and say the first jelly bean to hit the touchpad wont be until Sep at the least...

I'd rather have a fully working CM9 (with Camera) than a very buggy 4.1 Jellybean.

Agreed. I think priority right now should be to fix CM9 with camera capability but I hope that the devs are willing to stick around and try to port a Jelly Bean ROM for CM10. ICS created the Android baseline for the future and JB looks similar to ICS. Although there are differences between ICS and JB they aren't as dramatic as it was between GB and ICS.
  • 0 Likes

Jura_2k5

Jura_2k5

Android Apprentice

• 35 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:44 AM #6

i alao think that 4.1 ist very similar to ics. there shouldnt be soooooo much changes. project butter is vety interesting
  • 0 Likes

jaju123

jaju123

Android Apprentice

• 16 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:28 AM #7

It should run on the same kernel as ICS. I think 3.0.31 is the default kernel version though and by then we should have that on the touchpad anyway. Jelly bean shouldn't require any massive additional port work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Remolten

Remolten

Android Lover

• 224 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:28 PM #8

4.1 is supposed to be extremely fast and more smooth than ics.

http://www.tomsguide...news-15706.html
  • 0 Likes

Soapinmouth

Soapinmouth

Average Android

• 553 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:26 AM #9

i alao think that 4.1 ist very similar to ics. there shouldnt be soooooo much changes. project butter is vety interesting

It is similar, I was able to go from ICS to jelly bean without even wiping data. And it is sooooo smooth. Imagine the performance jump from GB to ICS and triple it. I honestly feel like its a new phone even after loading all my apps and everything. Can finally run a live wallpaper with 0 lag
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

drgci

drgci

Android Lover

• 177 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:55 AM #10

It is similar, I was able to go from ICS to jelly bean without even wiping data. And it is sooooo smooth. Imagine the performance jump from GB to ICS and triple it. I honestly feel like its a new phone even after loading all my apps and everything. Can finally run a live wallpaper with 0 lag
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hopefully someone port jelly bean on touchpad :(
  • 0 Likes